For CVTs.. Rattling/vibrating sound on Dashboard or somewhere below it

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My Passenger Seat shakes like crazy at red lights while im holding the brake. Did they ever tell you the cause?

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 2017
Country flag
My Passenger Seat shakes like crazy at red lights while im holding the brake. Did they ever tell you the cause?
He said it was a pre mature engine mount. When I asked for more explanation all he said was "unfortunately, I wish i can tell you more but it's just a bad part"

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
He said it was a pre mature engine mount. When I asked for more explanation all he said was "unfortunately, I wish i can tell you more but it's just a bad part"
Odd, I am assuming youre mileage isnt very high. Mine started around 20,000 miles and im at 23,500 miles now. I hope its not a design failure of the engine mount, because you dont want the same thing happening in another 20,000 miles when youre out of bumper to bumper warranty

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Bad experience today.

The dealership replaced the engine mount. when I arrived the dealership and about to check and then voilaaa..:nixon: still rattling. The service guy called the technician and I showed to him. He acknowledge that something is rattling. The part that they changed is in the passenger side... my issue is somehow from the driver side.
The technician told me to wait until I get more miles and if it get worse, comeback and tell the service guys that he will work on it. He do not want to hold the car for long and not sure on what is the cause because it is very hard to track at this stage.

miles: from 4120 to 4136. is it ok??? my issue is when holding break and in "D" then it rattles. I do not understand how the car gained 16 miles........

I needed to go back to work so I came back without complaining and talking to the service guy. I also pissed off and I do not want to argue.

Should I file a complain? how :dunno:? or just let it until next time that I re-report again and comeback?

Thursday.. tomorrow is TGIF.:cry:

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Odd, I am assuming youre mileage isnt very high. Mine started around 20,000 miles and im at 23,500 miles now. I hope its not a design failure of the engine mount, because you dont want the same thing happening in another 20,000 miles when youre out of bumper to bumper warranty
Nope my mileage is around 16600 as of now. I got honda care but hopefully it wouldnt be a future problem again.

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bad experience today.

The dealership replaced the engine mount. when I arrived the dealership and about to check and then voilaaa..:nixon: still rattling. The service guy called the technician and I showed to him. He acknowledge that something is rattling. The part that they changed is in the passenger side... my issue is somehow from the driver side.
The technician told me to wait until I get more miles and if it get worse, comeback and tell the service guys that he will work on it. He do not want to hold the car for long and not sure on what is the cause because it is very hard to track at this stage.

miles: from 4120 to 4136. is it ok??? my issue is when holding break and in "D" then it rattles. I do not understand how the car gained 16 miles........

I needed to go back to work so I came back without complaining and talking to the service guy. I also pissed off and I do not want to argue.

Should I file a complain? how :dunno:? or just let it until next time that I re-report again and comeback?

Thursday.. tomorrow is TGIF.:cry:
They probably drove it around to check the car. I have a question, did you just suggest the engine mount fix when you told them the car issue or did they decide on it themselves? Coz I know you saw my post here before you went back to the dealership right?

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
curious, are your RPM's dropping below 600 when you're stopped or braking and the A/C is off? It may feel like its rattling hard when it does that due to idling too low.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
They probably drove it around to check the car. I have a question, did you just suggest the engine mount fix when you told them the car issue or did they decide on it themselves? Coz I know you saw my post here before you went back to the dealership right?
Yeah you are correct. I brought it after I saw your post. When I reported it, it was only based on how I reproduce my issue. After a day of my car in the dealership, they decided to order parts and asked me to comeback once they are ready to install.

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
curious, are your RPM's dropping below 600 when you're stopped or braking and the A/C is off? It may feel like its rattling hard when it does that due to idling too low.
@Syntek - Yes, this is also one way I am able to reproduce the issue.

Ephex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have the exact issue. Took it to a mechanic and said it was the front engine motor mount. Called my dealership and said the price was 156.00. Wondering if I can get the SI mount instead.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used my programmer to up the idle limiter when I'm at a dead stop. It's helped a lot to remove that horrible idle

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i will observe but mine also happens with the a/c on

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the exact issue. Took it to a mechanic and said it was the front engine motor mount. Called my dealership and said the price was 156.00. Wondering if I can get the SI mount instead.
you're not covered by warranty?
Sponsored