Front Grill Falling Off?

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
This is a known issue...an senior tech I know has fixed one pre-delivery in GA already. Info was submitted to Honda about it.

He said the clips built into the grill that hold it are very small and fragile...

OP
OP
Ramster

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
This is a known issue...an senior tech I know has fixed one pre-delivery in GA already. Info was submitted to Honda about it.

He said the clips built into the grill that hold it are very small and fragile...
Do you know what he did to fix the problem? I’m hoping my dealer will fix it and it’s covered by warranty.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
My friend who does PDI at honda had a Type R that came in looking like that off the truck.
He said the same thing and that the clips were broken and he ended up replacing the grill itself.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sent you a PM
If it is related to the original issue then please post here so it's captured publicly. Does no good for anyone else to keep the solution or advice private when there is a post about it. Thanks!

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
This was a broken grill off the truck as well.
The dealership made the tech epoxy the broken grill back on. They did take photos of the damaged clips and send to Honda but choose not to wait for the new grill to arrive. Basically screwed the customer with no disclosure. Now it will never come off again but I would be pissed to find out that had been done on a 10K over MSRP CTR.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yup. the repair has to go over a certain amount for them to HAVE to disclose the issue to the customer.

They supposedly wanted my friend to glue it back on too but my friend said fuq that and ordered a new piece lol. I guess he doesn't get paid on labor for stuff like that so he got a RO and got the part changed. Customer will be happy, and he will be happy lol.

OP
OP
Ramster

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yup. the repair has to go over a certain amount for them to HAVE to disclose the issue to the customer.

They supposedly wanted my friend to glue it back on too but my friend said fuq that and ordered a new piece lol. I guess he doesn't get paid on labor for stuff like that so he got a RO and got the part changed. Customer will be happy, and he will be happy lol.
Did the new grill hold properly or is it going to slip off again? It sucks because I just got my front PPF now I gotta get it redone on top of ceramic coating.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Well, the clip was broken which made the grille have a gap there, so the new one fits perfectly fine.

Depending on how it broke you might be able to just glue the tab back on or something. It would be really gay cause it's still money out of your pocket even if the grille was replaced under warranty because you have to get the PPF reapplied.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has this happened to anyone else? I’ve started noticing some separation there on my non-CTR hatchback grill.

OP
OP
Ramster

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has this happened to anyone else? I’ve started noticing some separation there on my non-CTR hatchback grill.
It’s a known issue for the hatchback, not just the CTR. When I was at the dealer there was a Brand new Red CTR for PDI and a Black HB Sport gettjng the grill replaced along with mine. It’s covered under warranty.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a known issue for the hatchback, not just the CTR. When I was at the dealer there was a Brand new Red CTR for PDI and a Black HB Sport gettjng the grill replaced along with mine. It’s covered under warranty.
Hopefully my dealer is familiar with the issue and doesn’t play stupid and act like it’s not their problem. We’ll see...
Sponsored