Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every time I see "best price" next to ADM I imagine a smug/smirking emoticon next to it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"our best price" and in very small print, if you look with a magnifying glass, it also says "when you bend over and grab your ankles"

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I just bought a Pilot Elite for about $2300 below MSRP OTD from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, CA. I drove over from Las Vegas to buy it. I didnt know it at the time that they have a CW R #303 in the showroom. The first time I have seen an R in person (seen a couple on the road so far). Anyways I asked about it and the internet sales manager is surprised at the dealership has not budged from an offer of $60k+. It has been sitting for 1.5 months. Recently people offered $10k over, and he says the dealership would rather sit on it.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I just bought a Pilot Elite for about $2300 below MSRP OTD from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, CA. I drove over from Las Vegas to buy it. I didnt know it at the time that they have a CW R #303 in the showroom. The first time I have seen an R in person (seen a couple on the road so far). Anyways I asked about it and the internet sales manager is surprised at the dealership has not budged from an offer of $60k+. It has been sitting for 1.5 months. Recently people offered $10k over, and he says the dealership would rather sit on it.

lol I misread you got their CTR 2300 off MSRP.....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those Pilots are nice, my friend has one and that sucker moves when you hammer down on it!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Those Pilots are nice, my friend has one and that sucker moves when you hammer down on it!
Especially at 5,350 RPM when VTEC kicks in, yo. :)

The performance of the Pilot and Ridgeline when equipped with AWD is impressive. I can get downright hostile with my Ridgeline by planting the accelerator firmly in the sound-absorbing carpet through a 90° turn at unreasonable speeds and it just pulls right through with no drama thanks to the iVTM-4 system's rear torque vectoring. "Real trucks" are either still sitting there melting the inside, rear tire or traction control interrupts progress while my license plate numbers become too small to read. They're respectable performers given their categories, weights, and goal of isolation rather than interaction with the road.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Especially at 5,350 RPM when VTEC kicks in, yo. :)

The performance of the Pilot and Ridgeline when equipped with AWD is impressive. I can get downright hostile with my Ridgeline by planting the accelerator firmly in the sound-absorbing carpet through a 90° turn at unreasonable speeds and it just pulls right through with no drama thanks to the iVTM-4 system's rear torque vectoring. "Real trucks" are either still sitting there melting the inside, rear tire or traction control interrupts progress while my license plate numbers become too small to read. They're respectable performers given their categories, weights, and goal of isolation rather than interaction with the road.
Yup

Makes me want a Ridgeline even more. Plan is to get one and keep it simple and clean. Drop it,add a set of Rays and be done.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
That's the "not interested in selling it" price, simple as that. Don't look at it as an absurd price (which it is), but rather the fact that they just want to keep it in their showroom to draw people in.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Yup

Makes me want a Ridgeline even more. Plan is to get one and keep it simple and clean. Drop it,add a set of Rays and be done.
My wife saw me looking at RLs again. "Are you back on that instead of the CTR?" Last year she convinced me NOT to buy an RTL-E and get a Ducati instead. Love the Ducati, but still have a soft spot for that overly feminine nerd truck. It ticks all my geek engineer buttons. In comparison, the overly childish CTR ticks all my car-guy buttons! I've thought about passing on the CTR and going back to the RL, but that's just my impatience talking. I'll get the CTR and then maybe the RL will go through a MMC refresh or something and get the volume knob back and maybe a slightly "less Pilot"-looking front end. Still want both, but the CTR has to come first. I've already got aftermarket bits on order for the CTR and I don't even have one yet!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My wife saw me looking at RLs again. "Are you back on that instead of the CTR?" Last year she convinced me NOT to buy an RTL-E and get a Ducati instead. Love the Ducati, but still have a soft spot for that overly feminine nerd truck. It ticks all my geek engineer buttons. In comparison, the overly childish CTR ticks all my car-guy buttons! I've thought about passing on the CTR and going back to the RL, but that's just my impatience talking. I'll get the CTR and then maybe the RL will go through a MMC refresh or something and get the volume knob back and maybe a slightly "less Pilot"-looking front end. Still want both, but the CTR has to come first. I've already got aftermarket bits on order for the CTR and I don't even have one yet!
Having owned four Ridgelines and been an active member on the Ridgeline Owner's Club forum for a decade, I find it rather intriguing just how many other Ridgeline owners are engineers. As an engineer myself, if I were going to design a single vehicle that could do some truck-like things while being as quiet and comfortable as a luxury sedan, the Ridgeline would be the result.

I do enjoy my Si, though. A lot. I've had many vehicles before, but none can touch the Si's fun factor for the price. After four months, I thought I might have tired of the Si by now given my turnover rate, but it still makes me happy. Every. Single. Day.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
That's the "not interested in selling it" price, simple as that. Don't look at it as an absurd price (which it is), but rather the fact that they just want to keep it in their showroom to draw people in.
Except for the fact it isnt listed on their new inventory page. I didnt know it was there until I went in to buy the Pilot.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
WATCH OUT: Spreen Honda is STILL looking to get $20k+ ADM...and apparently someboby keeps giving it to them :doh:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. PByanYdIWe-CzGjLmUoKQT9UI3xtEdoQRVGeDMMErZ8H2ktyewglkOTqctmQWtXa5dxittPpmxbQeOUrwg=w948-h1682-no

standardsell

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Cruze, 2017 Chevy Equinox, 2017 Honda Accord, 1977 Mercedes 450 SL
Hope they’re enjoy that car sitting there when it’s below freezing outside. I heard they’ll be getting another one soon.
I went over and looked at the type R today. Not impressed with the interior at all. Red and black velvet looked tacky and seats were not that comfortable. The car is worth the MSRP and not a penny more. Rather than pay $47,000 for a freaking honda, I would rather spend another $10K and get the 718 Boxster. Much more car that a glorified Honda Civic; quicke, better performance, and better looking with a soft top. Or buy a used 2014 Boxster for under $40K with an extended warranty; better performance; a soft top, and won't lose its value like a new Civic.
Sponsored