Spare Tire for Type R

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Did you also test fit it on the front tire? I'm curious if it will clear the Brembo calipers in the front.
Probably wouldn't want it on the front anyways, throw the stock wheel up front from another good one and put the spare in its place.
Sponsored

Honda Marketing

First Name
kimha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type-S
tagging along to see if there is a practical solution to this spare tire problem, as this is one of the reasons why I changed my mind in getting the R. To use this car as DD and long road trips, a spare tire seems necessary as not all shops have the tools or tire readily available to fix/replace the tire, especially in rural areas or on a highway in the middle of no where.

Even if the R owners are willing to spend $1K for the full size spare tire to avoid waiting 2-3 days to get it fix/replace, there is no room to secure the spare tire under the trunk. It would also take up a big chunk of cargo space. Besides, is it safe to have a big unsecured spare tire in the back, bouncing and sliding around while driving?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Probably wouldn't want it on the front anyways, throw the stock wheel up front from another good one and put the spare in its place.
I would agree. And in that case, the spare tire components from the Sport/Sport Touring might work, sans the wheel itself.

atombomb33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #341
I don't think they would clear the brakes. If you got a flat up front you would probably need to put the spare on the back and put the factory 20 up front to clear the brake.
Yeah, very good idea - remove the rear tire first, and replace it with the spare. Then go to the front tire that is flat, remove that wheel and replace it with the 20" from the rear. A little extra work but the right move, as you mentioned.

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
tagging along to see if there is a practical solution to this spare tire problem, as this is one of the reasons why I changed my mind in getting the R. To use this car as DD and long road trips, a spare tire seems necessary as not all shops have the tools or tire readily available to fix/replace the tire, especially in rural areas or on a highway in the middle of no where.

Even if the R owners are willing to spend $1K for the full size spare tire to avoid waiting 2-3 days to get it fix/replace, there is no room to secure the spare tire under the trunk. It would also take up a big chunk of cargo space. Besides, is it safe to have a big unsecured spare tire in the back, bouncing and sliding around while driving?
Wasn't going to let the tire issue stop me from having this awesome vehicle. I figured it was a pretty easy fix using @GSquared spare tire idea for the DD part of life and another set of rims & all season tires for my winter driving & could use them for long trips if I need to.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
So has anybody bought a spare wheel and tire, and made sure its the right size relative to the oem wheel/tire?

I personally would put the spare on the rear of the car and the orn wheel on the front

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Yes that is correct. It includes the entire kit (tools, jack, lug wrench, temporary wheel) except the temporary tire. You will need to purchase the tire separately. I will check with our parts dept tomorrow to see if this kit is available. I need a temporary spare just in-case something happens. Last time I checked, 1 kit was back-ordered and other kit was still under development.
Why is the kit only 120$ which includes the wheel, but buying the wheel itself is 400$???

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered six weeks ago, just arrived, but will need to mount/ balance. Looks cool specially in banana yellow. And its lightweight.
IMAG1092.jpg
@lazergyro Awesome! What part number was that? what was the overall cost? Many thanks!

FF MAYHEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Ordered six weeks ago, just arrived, but will need to mount/ balance. Looks cool specially in banana yellow. And its lightweight.
IMAG1092.jpg
Sweet... thanks for sharing, also interested in the part number on the invoice that you were billed out. Hope to order mine soon after :)

FK8#1500

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs, 2015 Honda Fit, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Rim: 42700-TGH-K51, and Tire: 42751-CTL-031. I ordered it through Honda of Lisle.
Just curious, all the stuff in the picture came when you ordered the two part numbers, the rim and tire? Also, what was the cost of everything in the picture? Just trying to get an idea how much I'll likely spend to get everything needed to change a flat. Thanks in advance.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious, all the stuff in the picture came when you ordered the two part numbers, the rim and tire? Also, what was the cost of everything in the picture? Just trying to get an idea how much I'll likely spend to get everything needed to change a flat. Thanks in advance.
Www.hondapartsnetwork.com
Sponsored