What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah a friend suggested trying to remove and reposition it so that the visor is under compression, not tension to hopefully "bow" out that section enough (literally 2-3mm would suffice), sand it, or heat gun it like you are going to attempt. Turns out that is the "knocking" sound I was hearing at highway speeds as well.
Yeah I have that sound too, drives me nuts ahaha, usually can't hear it cause I'm blasting music at least.
Sponsored

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Got into my first accident. Kid in a uhaul merged in my lane and dented my rear quarter panel and dented my wheel well along with scraping my wheel. Thank God I had the dash cam, as soon as the cop saw it he immediately said it was his fault

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Got into my first accident. Kid in a uhaul merged in my lane and dented my rear quarter panel and dented my wheel well along with scraping my wheel. Thank God I had the dash cam, as soon as the cop saw it he immediately said it was his fault
Sorry about the incident. Mind me asking you what dash cam you own? After hearing all these stories, I think I should get one too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Why do Canadian cars only have the splash guards in the front?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Why do Canadian cars only have the splash guards in the front?
I'm pretty sure upper trims have them front and back in Canada. The LX in the US doesn't have any I don't think but our LX is the same as US EX because we have a lower tier DX in Canada. I think I'll pick up the rear ones before winter.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhh man!!! Sorry to hear that!

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Ahhh man!!! Sorry to hear that!
Thanks man, it definitely was a bad day but luckily the damage was small and no one got hurt.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Sorry about the incident. Mind me asking you what dash cam you own? After hearing all these stories, I think I should get one too.
Thanks man. I own a Rexing V1 dash cam I bought off Amazon. I picked it up for around $75 on sale one day. The video quality is great and I have zero complaints so far. I'm sure there are better models out there but for a simple device that records video in high definition I couldn't be happier.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone one should have a dash cam, its a life saver when it comes to accidents and incidents. Ive given cops 2 of my videos for accidents I witnessed, both times the person at fault denied being at fault and blamed other cars...

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Everyone one should have a dash cam, its a life saver when it comes to accidents and incidents. Ive given cops 2 of my videos for accidents I witnessed, both times the person at fault denied being at fault and blamed other cars...
Yeah its amazing how people immediately take no blame and try to make out the other driver to be at fault. It was a young kid who hit me and didn't say he was or wasn't at fault but as soon as the dash cam video played he admitted he hit me. For around $100 its imo the best investment you can get.
Sponsored