What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Kim

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5T Sport Plus
Country flag
do the covers fit over the lock wheel nut? :confused: also do you know how tall the spoiler is?
I dont have wheel locks on my car, so i dont know, but i think the covers are too big.
The lip is about 15mm high.
Sponsored

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT here. Sports are MT too. Maybe when this gen is on its way out.
Sports are not exclusively MT but mine is a MT.

I just know the MT in the LX gets 31/33/40 and the sport gets 30/33/39 vs the CVTs which get 30/32/36 city/combined/hwy. Which I'll contribute to a heavier trans (?) and different final drive ratios .

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got an average of 42 mpg the day I bought it with some long downhill stretches but also a lot of long hilly sections at around 80 mph. The car would also accelerate uphill where most of my other vehicles would be lugging if you tried to put the pedal down. What I normally see per tank is 31-33 average on my daily commute.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got an average of 42 mpg the day I bought it with some long downhill stretches but also a lot of long hilly sections at around 80 mph. The car would also accelerate uphill where most of my other vehicles would be lugging if you tried to put the pedal down. What I normally see per tank is 31-33 average on my daily commute.
Sounds like my experience thus far.

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch w/Honda Sensing
Oregon has speed limits of 65 on the Interstates, and I had my cruise set at 70 with ACC and Eco mode engaged. I only had to make a couple short bursts of speed to pass or whatever. The drive was mixed uphill and downhill. I had reset my trip before getting on the freeway, which is why it only shows about 35.6 miles.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have only had my Civic Hatch Sport for a month and have had to fill up twice already. I've been following the green/white light indicator in the car and have been minimizing any fast acceleration during the break in period. The first tank I did 75% highway cruising around 75mph and the rest city. That tank I got a combined 33mpg, but on the highway I was getting 39-42mpg. 2nd tank was more 70% city/30%hwy....got 31.5mpg combined. I'm currently on my third tank which has been 90% city and so far I've gotten 28mpg combined. I'm going to try the "eco" mode on the next tank and see if that improves anything. I bought this for a combination of power when I want/need it and MPGs. If I can get combined 30-32mpg consistently I'll be stoked. My 2013 Fit would get 32mpg combined if I drove like a granny and 28ish when I drove it hard.

Are you guys CVT? 6 speed manual? I know in the hatch the CVT gets 10% less on hwy than the manual.
CVT here, lots of bridges and inlcines/declines on my drive. I get better mileage going to work than I do on my way home

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Have only had my Civic Hatch Sport for a month and have had to fill up twice already. I've been following the green/white light indicator in the car and have been minimizing any fast acceleration during the break in period. The first tank I did 75% highway cruising around 75mph and the rest city. That tank I got a combined 33mpg, but on the highway I was getting 39-42mpg. 2nd tank was more 70% city/30%hwy....got 31.5mpg combined. I'm currently on my third tank which has been 90% city and so far I've gotten 28mpg combined. I'm going to try the "eco" mode on the next tank and see if that improves anything. I bought this for a combination of power when I want/need it and MPGs. If I can get combined 30-32mpg consistently I'll be stoked. My 2013 Fit would get 32mpg combined if I drove like a granny and 28ish when I drove it hard.

Are you guys CVT? 6 speed manual? I know in the hatch the CVT gets 10% less on hwy than the manual.
I have a 85 mile daily commute, 75 of which on on highway and I average 38-42 mpg. I set my cruise at 72-74 mph with econ mode activated. Where did you see that the manual gets 10% more mpg than the cvt? That's the first I'm hearing it.

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CVT here, lots of bridges and inlcines/declines on my drive. I get better mileage going to work than I do on my way home
Same here. I live on a foothill of a small mountain/butte thingamajig, so going downhill to work is amazeballs. Uphill, not so much.

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My freeway speeds limits are 70-75 and so flow of traffic is generally in the 75-80 mph range, Im like you, Im lucky to get 30 mpg on a freeway whether Im on my 93 tune or my e85 blend tune.
Curious how come your mpg is so low. To get 30mpgs I need to be doing steadily 95-100mphs on the highway. I never set my cruise by the way. Our major highways in Alberta have a speed limit of 68mphs (110kph) but everyone cruises at 75-80mphs (120-130kph) at a minimum

j_culp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport

I have a sport hatch with the 6MT and drive about 50/50 on the highway and city. I typically get about 37-38 mpg and even got about 42 on my previous tank. I don't use the econ mode because I think all it does it reduce throttle response and makes the car feel much slower. I didn't notice a difference in mpg with and without it. I wouldn't say I drive the car like a granny either.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious how come your mpg is so low. To get 30mpgs I need to be doing steadily 95-100mphs on the highway. I never set my cruise by the way. Our major highways in Alberta have a speed limit of 68mphs (110kph) but everyone cruises at 75-80mphs (120-130kph) at a minimum
a few things, Im tuned my 93 octane tune is pushing 22.5 psi. My second tune is a 93 octane e85 blend pushing 25-26 psi and I am constantly in the gas taking full advantage of my awesome power. Im sure itll get better when I get bored of all the boost and am not running around datalogging constantly.

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport hatch with the 6MT and drive about 50/50 on the highway and city. I typically get about 37-38 mpg and even got about 42 on my previous tank. I don't use the econ mode because I think all it does it reduce throttle response and makes the car feel much slower. I didn't notice a difference in mpg with and without it. I wouldn't say I drive the car like a granny either.
Eco mode also changes the way the car shifts to be more efficient, as well as turning on the recirculating air button (more efficient).

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco mode also changes the way the car shifts to be more efficient, as well as turning on the recirculating air button (more efficient).
You are correct. In CVT models, Eco changes the transmission shift points to a more efficient pattern, eases up on the throttle (opens more slowly to use less gas), and limits how long the AC runs to save power.

In MT models, the Eco button does only the latter two of those things.

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring

Mine is cvt. Eco mode makes little to no difference in fuel economy for me, plus it makes the car lazy as heck.
Sponsored