The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey guys! We just came on as a new sponsor here on the CivicX forum. This is going to be our official thread for 10th Gen Civic related product launches. If we come out with something new for any trim of the new Civics, we'll post it here. Be sure to subscribe so that you can stay on top of what's new.

Here are our current offerings for the 10th Gens:

Throttle Pedal Spacer for all 10th Gens:
If you've attempted to heel-toe while executing high speed turns at driving events, you've probably found that the default pedal positions make using a heel-toe technique incredibly difficult, if not impossible. The ACUITY Throttle Pedal Spacer, helps resolve this problem by providing three unique new positions for your accelerator pedal. In addition to moving the pedal toward the driver, the ACUITY Throttle Pedal Spacer allows you to move the pedals closer together, laterally, to aid drivers with narrow feet. The ACUITY Throttle Pedal Spacer allows the driver to select one of 3 possible non-stock pedal locations. Each location provides a slightly different driving feel. We recommend trying them all to find what suits you best. Fits all left-hand-drive 10th Gens (Sport, Si, and CTR included). Does not fit RHD 10th Gens. Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! JFVkBDG

Install Video by CarStudio101:

Performance Shifter Centering Spring for all 10th Gens:
If you've ever found the centering action of your shifter to leave you wanting a sportier feel, the solution is finally here. With a notably increased preload and nearly identical rate, the ACUITY Performance Shifter Centering Spring increases the centering load in neutral without significantly increasing the force required to locate the far gates (e.g. 1/2 and R). The end result is a sportier shifting feel without an increase in driver fatigue or a reduction in drivability. This spring is designed to provide a 100% increase in spring force on the Sport model and a 20% increase in spring force on the Si and CTR. This translates to about a 50% increase in centering force at the knob in the Sport model and about a 10% increase at the knob in the Si and CTR. In addition to the Performance Shifter Centering Spring, each kit is supplied with a small packet of premium silicone grease to re-lubricate the shifter with after removing the OEM spring. Fits all 10th Gens (Sport, Si, and CTR included). Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 7Xj3HA9

Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings for all 10th Gens:
Removes the compliance added to the shift system by the OEM rubber base bushings. This will make shifts feel a tad stiffer and a tad shorter, just by virtue of eliminating compliance. It's a great low-cost mod with a relatively easy install. Works on all 10th Gens with a manual transmission (including the Si and Type R). The install guide for these will be on our site within a few days of posting this.Fits all 10th Gens (Sport, Si, and CTR included). Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! zmIR96A

Spherical Shifter Cable Bushings:
Removes the sponginess felt at the end of the shift that's contributed by the OEM rubber cable bushings. The integral spherical bearing allows the freedom of motion of the OEM rubber bushing without the poor shifting feedback that the rubber causes. Install is incredibly easy on the Sport and Si. We are awaiting fitment results on the Type R. Fits 10th Gens with a manual transmission (confirmed on Sport and Si, CTR fitment results pending). The install guide for these will be on our site within a week or two of posting this.Fits all 10th Gens (Sport, Si, and CTR included). Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 5Uf7YB5

ESCO premium shift knob:
Features a stainless steel core for weight and acetal outer shell so it stays cool on hot days. Engraved logo on the side and epoxy-filled top logo that will not rub off like cheap, screen-printed shift knobs. Fits all trims. Note that sport models have a shift boot that clips to the knob, rather than to a boot collar like on the Si and CTR. This means that the boot will sag on a Sport with an aftermarket knob if nothing is done to fix it. We previously thought the Si/CTR boot collar would work on the Sport, but it is not compatible with the Sport's shift boot. We're working on a solution to this for Sport owners and will be launching a product that remedies this :) . Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! pMA9sSk

We also have interior panel removal tools, windshield banners that fit the CivicX (and other vehicles), and shifting kits for the 10th Gen on our site, ACUITYinstruments.com

We're currently working on almost 10 new products that are uniquely for the CivicX platform, so keep an eye out for updates here!

~Russ

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! JFVkBDG

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 7Xj3HA9

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! zmIR96A

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 5Uf7YB5

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! pMA9sSk

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like you guys are the first to come out with the bushings. Will be picking up both of them at some point.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd love to support you guys somehow, despite being the only Si owner who wants sloppy shifts :D Any chance of that shift knob coming in red-on-black?

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for the 10th gen civic. I had your stage 1 shifter kit for my 2012 civic si, and it was simply amazing! Everything from the short shifter, the bushings, the shift knob, all the way down to the t-shirt it came with was all quality. I would gladly buy anything you make for my 10th gen si.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Looks like you guys are the first to come out with the bushings. Will be picking up both of them at some point.
You'll love them! It's an incredibly easy install on the 10th Gens, and as low cost mods go, it's a really great bang for the buck.

I'd love to support you guys somehow, despite being the only Si owner who wants sloppy shifts :D Any chance of that shift knob coming in red-on-black?
We may come out with black, although the next knob we plan to produce will be purple. Red is unlikely.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for the 10th gen civic. I had your stage 1 shifter kit for my 2012 civic si, and it was simply amazing! Everything from the short shifter, the bushings, the shift knob, all the way down to the t-shirt it came with was all quality. I would gladly buy anything you make for my 10th gen si.
Thanks so much for the kind words! You can expect no less (and often more!) from our 10th Gen offerings. We've got quite a few things in the works for you guys that will really help you to fine-tune your driving experience. :)

~Russ

Kim

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5T Sport Plus
Country flag
ESCO premium shift knob:
Features a stainless steel core for weight and acetal outer shell so it stays cool on hot days. Engraved logo on the side and epoxy-filled top logo that will not rub off like cheap, screen-printed shift knobs. Fits all trims. Sport models will need Honda part # 54103-TBF-A00 from the Si to retain their shift boot since the shift boot retainer is built onto the knob on the Sport, the part runs about $4 new from Honda. Click here for more pictures and details on our site
Does the stock Sport Touring shift boot (not Si) fit directly on the new boot retainer (54103-TBF-A00) or do you have to modify it?

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Does the stock Sport Touring shift boot (not Si) fit directly on the new boot retainer (54103-TBF-A00) or do you have to modify it?
Bad news. After you posted, I went and double checked this info. We had made the assumption that they were cross-compatible since Honda is so famous for making parts interchangeable AND because the two clip features on the sport and Si looked so geometrically similar. Well we double checked and while they almost are cross-compatible, a small diametrical difference prevents this. The good news is that we had been debating releasing a solution to this for the Sport guys, and now that we know it's an issue, we'll definitely launch something that will let you sport guys run aftermarket knobs without a sagging shift boot. Give us about 2 months, and we'll have a production solution for you guys. :)

~Russ

Kim

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5T Sport Plus
Country flag
Bad news. After you posted, I went and double checked this info. We had made the assumption that they were cross-compatible since Honda is so famous for making parts interchangeable AND because the two clip features on the sport and Si looked so geometrically similar. Well we double checked and while they almost are cross-compatible, a small diametrical difference prevents this. The good news is that we had been debating releasing a solution to this for the Sport guys, and now that we know it's an issue, we'll definitely launch something that will let you sport guys run aftermarket knobs without a sagging shift boot. Give us about 2 months, and we'll have a production solution for you guys. :)

~Russ
Thanks for the answer, I will be waiting for your solution :)

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just realized there was an official Acuity Instruments thread on the forum. I should probably post in here and share my install/post install thoughts and experience as i recently installed the Shifter Cable Bushing (part no 1881) and the Shifter Base Bushings (part no 1914), into my 10th gen Civic SI Sedan.

First off i would like to say that the order process was quick and easy, and my order was processed the same day that i placed the order. Then, the delivery was made only 3 days later.

The first thing that i installed were the Shifter Base Bushings. I followed the install guide available on the Acuity website, which was very detailed, had easy to follow instructions, and included useful pictures. The process of installing the bushings necessitated that i remove numerous interior pieces so that the shifter base would be accessible. In the end this process was not technically difficult, but it was a fairly long endeavor which took me about 3-4 hours from start to finish. One thing that absolutely made the process easier was the use of the Acuity interior panel and trim removal kit. BE VERY CAREFUL ON STEP 4 OF THE INSTALL. These two pieces of trim, the center console trim, were fairly tricky to remove and easily the most difficult pieces to remove in the entire process. When prying the pieces off the center console, I noticed that I had very slightly dented the edge of the trim along the seam where the two pieces meet, when prying with the plastic tool. It is very minor damage, certainly only cosmetic. Also, on step 15, be sure not to drop any of the Acuity bushings when installing them. I dropped one of the bushings and it fell down under the carpeting. Very difficult to get out, and because the bushings are aluminum, a magnet wont help. I had to use a flexible spring claw pick-up tool. Installing the bushings and reinstalling the trim panels and pieces was a much easier process, and no rattles or noise have been heard afterwards. Once the install was complete, I could immediately feel a difference and I am very satisfied with the feel of shifting as a result of the upgrade.

Next were the Shifter cable bushings (part no 1881). These bushings are located where the cable lines connect to the transmission, in the engine bay. This install process was far easier than the part no 1914 install. Again, I followed the install guide available on the Acuity website, which is done on a 2013 Civic SI. Because of this, steps 1 and 2 can be skipped if you are installing on a 2016+ civic. Also, i was able to complete step 3 without removing the gold colored spring clamps. The only thing I needed to remove in the engine bay to access the bushings was the battery and battery tray. After that, the guide can be followed as usual. When installing the retaining rings, i noticed that with the smaller all-black bushing (this is the non gear-change bushing fyi) it was slightly more difficult to seat the retaining ring on the bushing than the other one. One trick that helped me was to start one end of the retaining ring on the bushings groove and then work the ring into the grove all the way around until it is entirely in place. The directions say to do just this, so don't be stubborn at first like i was. This install took me 20-30 minutes from start to finish.

Overall I am very happy with the parts i purchased from Acuity. The installation was actually pretty fun, you just have to follow the guides. I can absolutely feel a difference when shifting in and out of gears. If you feel that the stock shifting experience of the 10th Gen civic SI could be better, then i highly recommend these parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just realized there was an official Acuity Instruments thread on the forum. I should probably post in here and share my install/post install thoughts and experience as i recently installed the Shifter Cable Bushing (part no 1881) and the Shifter Base Bushings (part no 1914), into my 10th gen Civic SI Sedan.

First off i would like to say that the order process was quick and easy, and my order was processed the same day that i placed the order. Then, the delivery was made only 3 days later.

The first thing that i installed were the Shifter Base Bushings. I followed the install guide available on the Acuity website, which was very detailed, had easy to follow instructions, and including useful pictures. The process of installing the bushings necessitated that i remove numerous interior pieces so that the shifter base would be accessible. In the end this process was not technically difficult, but it was a fairly long endeavor which took me about 3-4 hours from start to finish. One thing that absolutely made the process easier was the use of the Acuity interior panel and trim removal kit. BE VERY CAREFUL ON STEP 4 OF THE INSTALL. These two pieces of trim, the center console trim, was fairly tricky to remove and easily the most difficult pieces to remove in the entire process. When prying the pieces off the center console, I noticed that I had very slightly dented the edge of the trim along the seam where the two pieces meet, when prying with the plastic tool. It is very minor damage, certainly only cosmetic. Also, on step 15, be sure not to drop any of the Acuity bushings when installing them. I dropped one of the bushings and it fell down under the carpeting. Very difficult to get out, and because the bushings are aluminum, a magnet wont work. I had to use a flexible spring claw pick-up tool. Installing the bushings and reinstalling the trim panels and pieces was much easier, and no rattles or noise have been heard afterwards. Once the install was complete, I could immediately feel a difference and I am very satisfied with the feel of shifting as a result of the upgrade.

Next were the Shifter cable bushings (part no 1881). These bushings are located where the cable lines connect to the transmission, in the engine bay. This install process was far easier than the part no 1914 install. Again, I followed the install guide available on the Acuity website, which is done on a 2013 Civic SI. Because of this, steps 1 and 2 can be skipped if you are installing on a 2016+ civic. Also, i was able to complete step 3 without removing the gold colored spring clamps. The only thing I needed to remove in the engine bay to access the bushings was the battery and battery tray. After that, the guide can be followed as usual. When installing the retaining rings, i noticed that with the smaller all-black bushing (this is the non gear-change bushing fyi) it was slightly more difficult to seat the retaining ring on the bushing than the other one. One trick that helped me was to start one end of the retaining ring on the bushings groove and then work the ring into the grove all the way around until it is entirely in place. The directions say to do just this, so don't be stubborn at first like i was. This install took me 20-30 minutes from start to finish.

Overall I am very happy with the parts i purchased from Acuity. The installation was actually pretty fun, you just have to follow the guides. I can absolutely feel a difference when shifting in and out of gears. If you feel that the stock shifting experience of the 10th Gen civic SI could be better, then i highly recommend these parts.
Thanks so much for the excellent detail and kind words! Getting to the shifter in the 10th gen is certainly no small task. The 10th Gen is by far the easiest vehicle we've installed cable bushings on though. Please note that we should have a cable bushing install guide specific to the 10th gens on our site in the next couple of weeks. We did the photo shoot for it about a month back, but getting time to edit everything and write up the text has been tricky with all of the 10th gen development we've got going on. :) Thanks again. Glad you like the parts!

~Russ

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Any word on when the quick shifter will be out?

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any word on when the quick shifter will be out?
We are shooting for around dec 2017/jan 2018. We have a couple of cool smaller mods coming out in 2-3 weeks here, and then a few more a month or so after. We're cooking up a lot of cool parts for you guys! :)

~russ

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag