Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread

jwatson201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
They are really, really hard to find in our area, at least in touring trim. One just showed up, but I have to drive 1.5 hours away to try and get it on Monday (they need to prep it before it can be sold).

We have looked at every color in person and the Cosmic Blue Metallic is the only one that really works IMO. The Aegean blue and red are too bright, the white, silver, modern steel, and black are pretty nice but rather boring, and the burgundy is just weird. Honestly I think Honda could do a lot better with the color selection but I guess they know what they're doing.

I only wish you could see the blue in the Cosmic Blue a little better, the blue in it just disappears in a number of lighting conditions, leaving a gray to almost black. But it's really sharp when you can see it.
I own a Cosmic Blue Touring. I can tell you that this is my 13th new car that I have purchased and probably my 20th car I've owned. I have never owned a "blue" vehicle before. I typically drive silver or gray in some variant. I can tell you having owned it for three weeks now that the car rarely ever looks "blue". I've even polled friends/family/coworkers. We all agree that if you had to choose a color for this paint it is really a variant of gray. Very seldom does it truly look blue. Only in bright sunlight and from certain angles.

But it is truly an awesome color. Not certain if you are familiar but it reminds me a lot of the steel blue/gray colors that Mercedes Benz traditionally uses. Anyway, just my two cents. I love the color and feedback I have received is that everyone tends to think it looks great in person!
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
When I say "slightly more blue", here's the color I wish Honda was offering:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread Screen_Shot_2016_01_24_at_1_59_02_PM

Again, I like the Cosmic Blue Metallic. But this color would be hot on the car.

jwatson201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
When I say "slightly more blue", here's the color I wish Honda was offering:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread Screen_Shot_2016_01_24_at_1_59_02_PM

Again, I like the Cosmic Blue Metallic. But this color would be hot on the car.
In certain light and at certain angles..... believe it or not it isn't that far off.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In certain light and at certain angles..... believe it or not it isn't that far off.
Yeah, it's there. I've seen close to that color in it. The issue is it's fleeting. I want to have that color all or most of the time, not just occasionally.

They should have called this paint Blue Moon because that's when it feels like you'll see it again. Then again, maybe it's cool to have something continually "surprising", in a way.

jwatson201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, it's there. I've seen close to that color in it. The issue is it's fleeting. I want to have that color all or most of the time, not just occasionally.

They should have called this paint Blue Moon because that's when it feels like you'll see it again. Then again, maybe it's cool to have something continually "surprising", in a way.
Blue moon! I love it! You are right though, this particular color rendering is fleeting. I finally got a chance to drive the car today for the first time in 10 days. Every time I look at it the color is different. Depends on lighting, background, etc. I typically have driven silver or grey and have had a much more consistent color rendering from them. I find this color very interesting. This is a commuter car for me and I typically have driven rather "high end" vehicles. I find it surprising that Honda uses a paint color of this quality and mystery. I think everyone who purchases it will really love it.

HondaEric

Eric B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT, 2010 Honda Odyssey LX
Country flag
This is totally the color I would get. I would really prefer a black interior but the Cosmic Blue is far too pretty to be picky about interior color. Both of my current vehicles have gray interiors; they're just a little more work to keep clean than a black interior.

f10ez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro
So this seems to be the hardest color to find...Seems like in Eastern PA, Western NJ, they have a complete lack of this blue....

donte2266

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
Well I may be getting a Cosmic Blue Touring tomorrow! Praying for good news! I was trying to get an Aegean Blue or this color and both are hard to find, but I tracked down a Cosmic Blue one. Those two colors are my top two favs! Once I get the car I will post pics!

RakSiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
The dealer I went to yesterday (Bill Page Honda in Falls Church, VA) has 2 Cosmic blues. It is definitely more grey than I was expecting it to be. I like the purple color too but those seem to also be rare.

For those of you planning on a Coupe, it will not be available in Cosmic Blue. Which is a huge shame and I think a big mistake on Honda's part.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
For those of you planning on a Coupe, it will not be available in Cosmic Blue. Which is a huge shame and I think a big mistake on Honda's part.
I suspect they thought they were trading Cosmic Blue and its staid, premium sedan demographic/feel for the Energy Green and its edgy, sporty coupe demographic/feel.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally picked up a Cosmic Blue Metallic Touring today after spending months searching. Found a dealer willing to give me a fair price (half way between invoice and MSRP, including some stuff they installed like wheel locks, Honda floor mats and trunk mat). With the rarity of this trim and color combo, getting a rock-bottom price is tough, so I'm happy.

The color is really sensational in person, although as previously mentioned, it really changes depending on the light. But for some reason, it's incredibly hard to photograph accurately, even with my Nikon and $2000 lenses. It's weird. In photos it tends to come out more grey (less color visible), more flat, and with some strange tints. But it looks amazing, after seeing it for real I'm 100% sure I made the right color choice and made the right choice waiting until I got it instead of settling for another color. If you get up close, you can really see the beautiful metallic flecks as well, although of course those become less discernible with increasing distance. As the darkest color except for black, I like the contrast of the chrome trim with the paint, it stands out. Also happy with the grey leather interior, I think it's going to be a lot more comfortable than black would be in the summer.

For anyone who likes the Cosmic Blue but can't find one, I really recommend waiting it out if you can. We almost settled for Modern Steel but I'm glad we didn't (although it's pretty nice as well).

Last edited:

RakSiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
can't dealers order them? Seems like if you are having trouble finding one it shouldn't be that hard to get. Unless you're really in a hurry or something. Maybe I'm just too used to MINI world where a large percentage are customer orders?
Sponsored