Hurricane Harvey

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I wonder how many Type Rs are underwater at Texas dealers?

A member here lost his brand new Si before the plates even came in. :(

Hurricane Harvey got me...

A terrible, ongoing situation for all involved. Living in a rather "boring" weather area, I can't imagine what it's like having water in your home or being unable to travel.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I bite my tongue on social media because some of my friends in outskirts of these areas are the ones sending me screen shots of their 70°F January days whilst we are getting 10" of snow or -20°F wind chills... It really is a terrible situation and it will probably take Houston partway off the map. Hopefully everyone is OK (but I know they aren't :( ).

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It will be much worse than Katrina if you can believe that!
Yeah I think so. I mean Houston has a lot more impact on petroleum than NO as I understand.
I'm sure there will be a lot of politics involved as well...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to be lots of flood damaged cars available soon. Sadly, lots of "used to be nice cars" will wind up on tote the note lots all around the state and unknowing buyers will be buying crap cars.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My heart goes out to all those involved and impacted. It's just devastating seeing the damage. I've know a few people in Houston through work, one even built a new house for himself, his wife, and their kid they were expecting. All gone. I can't even imagine...

I've heard some say they don't care and shouldn't care because it doesnt impact themselves directly.

What pissed me off this morning was hearing people complain about the .5" of rain today in VA. Like, really? Get your life in perspective.

Sometimes people really suck.

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ABM CTR #358, '01 2JZ-GTE IS300, '08 TW FA5, '15 WDP MDX SH-AWD ENT
Country flag
flooding is crazy, but my 3 week Type-R sitting safe in the garage with no water flooding. Hope this is last of the rain.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only problem is that Harvey fucker is supposed to go back out in the gulf and come right back at hurricane force again. Global Warming FTL. Read an article that said the surface temp in the gulf last winter never went below 73F. Apparently it's never been that high during winter.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only problem is that Harvey fucker is supposed to go back out in the gulf and come right back at hurricane force again. Global Warming FTL. Read an article that said the surface temp in the gulf last winter never went below 73F. Apparently it's never been that high during winter.
it went back out but stayed a Tropical Storm, doesnt much matter though, still raining like a mofo. At least its moving east of Houston after today.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
flooding is crazy, but my 3 week Type-R sitting safe in the garage with no water flooding. Hope this is last of the rain.
Bruh, I mean brun, are you in the proper city of Richmond? Is it true that the closer you are to the city, the less submerged the cars are?

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I can hear insurance companies are crying .....
That's actually the sound of the insurance companies laughing as they use Harvey as an excuse to raise premiums even higher than necessary to cover the cost of claims. They have plenty of money to easily cover Harvey's damage. :)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's actually the sound of the insurance companies laughing as they use Harvey as an excuse to raise premiums even higher than necessary to cover the cost of claims. :)
There was a news story this morning here in Dallas about how long term this wont hurt insurance companies because they have hundreds and hundreds of millions in RESERVE, so they may see a short term hit to the bottom line but their year long outlooks will still be fine. Im rolling my eyes as I type this bc I know when my homeowners and car come up for renewal, they will raise my rates and give me that exact excuse about Harvey.....
Sponsored