What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, you probably got the Canbus kit which is just the ballasts, igniters and bulbs and you plug it all together and hook it up. I did that at first and then when I was getting some paint on my lip, that shop told me to not do that and run the relay so they did it for me.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2nd attempt at plastic dipping my emblems and badges (1st attempt was when I first got my car in Jan - don't plastic dip things in the winter guys) Came out pretty good this time around!
Oh and i installed a rear bumper protector thingy.

Next up: tint

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG
Plastidip turned out real good (makes me want to do mine), Tint will definitely finish the look. POlished metal was in my top 3 colors, WOP, RallyeRed and Polished metal.

Which rear bumper applique is that?

Today I installed my Pioneer AVH-P8400bh, Kicker 2-way 6.5s in the front doors, kenwood mono amp and kicker 8" compRT compact sub box that I took out of my Fit before trading it in. Metra kit and harnesses/adapters made it a cake walk. Only confusing part was the rear camera since the red/power wire had a label that said "6v camera power" and having to manually program the AWSC-1.

Need to wire up the sub and that'll be it.

Also my Husky liners arrived. They were a little out of wack from shipping. Hopefully the kinks and bends straighten out.

HIDs and Tint soon. Inspired to plastidip my emblems now haha.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Borrowed my nephews NGR BOV and adapter plate to experiment with a test fit into my wife's civic out of curiousity since the bolt spacing with the oem recirc valve seems to be identical with the adapter.. it's a little tight in there but if anyone wants to run a Greddy/NGR BOV (just for sound of course) it will fit in there using a Hyundai Genesis adapter plate :eek:. I wouldn't recommend it since our cars are meant to recirc but for those who don't care about running peg rich after every shift, clogging catalytic converters, venting to atmosphere, and just want that signature bov sound it is another option for a bov beside boomba and hks
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1370.JPG

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I touched up the door bolts because this morning i found a bit of rust on a couple of them and I couldn't stand watching that horrible view. I used high temperature silver spray paint, it is the exact same color!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) mmexport1503735016621

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20170826_164334_369

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah the morimoto kit, and I found a coupon code that works so they are like $135 with the code instead of $150. I understand not wanting to run the relay for the HID kit, plug and play is easier
Feel like sharing that coupon code?? :)

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Plastidip turned out real good (makes me want to do mine), Tint will definitely finish the look. POlished metal was in my top 3 colors, WOP, RallyeRed and Polished metal.

Which rear bumper applique is that?
I got it from from here. This one adds a pretty clean look to the back comparing to the OEM clear protector. plus it's cheaper :headbang:

Dallasite1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That is exactly how I feel about the rock chips, like little daggers in my heart lol. How much did you pay to do the whole car?
It wasn't the whole car, just the whole front (full fenders, full hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, front part of the roof in front of the sunroof, and the little ledge at the trunk. I got Suntek/Llumar's newer answer to XPEL Ultimate and it was $1350. I have never spent that kind of money on a car (ever), but when I buy a car, I buy it with the intent to drive it until the wheels fall off. I was really nervous to spend this much but I've honestly already felt like it was 100% worth it, and I've only had it for 2 months.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
It wasn't the whole car, just the whole front (full fenders, full hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, front part of the roof in front of the sunroof, and the little ledge at the trunk. I got Suntek/Llumar's newer answer to XPEL Ultimate and it was $1350. I have never spent that kind of money on a car (ever), but when I buy a car, I buy it with the intent to drive it until the wheels fall off. I was really nervous to spend this much but I've honestly already felt like it was 100% worth it, and I've only had it for 2 months.
awesome, you just sold me on it. I plan to drive this car for as long as possible so this route is where I'm headed.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Blacked out chrome door trim with Rustoleum rubber peel coat black gloss.

Here are the before and after shots

Should I leave clear side markers or black them out, too?
Should have gotten the smoked markers they would look awesome on that setup.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Maybe i will upgrade or just do a light coat on the clear ones.
The clear look good if you kept the chrome, but if you black out the chrome smoked/darkened would look sharp.

Two best improvements to my blue hatch were leather trim and smoked markers :-D.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
The clear look good if you kept the chrome, but if you black out the chrome smoked/darkened would look sharp.

Two best improvements to my blue hatch were leather trim and smoked markers :-D.
I left the chrome accent on the side view mirrors ha!

I've done all the leather I can do on the inside except seats and door trim (too expensive).
Sponsored