Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I drove a 6-Speed Type S Acura RSX for about 10 years. I sold it and bought a Coupe Touring. I was initially hesitant about buying into a CVT--10 years of stepping on a clutch was engrained into me. Ive had my coupe for just under a year now and honestly wouldnt go back to a manual. The car is, no matter what speed, always in its perfect torque band. Even at freeway speeds, if you step on the gas hard the car still accelerates as if you were taking off from a stand still. Theres never a perception of shifting. This is annoying to some, but, I actually really like slamming on the gas and having a "star trek spaceship feel" where the car just launches forward with no hesitation every few seconds as the car or you have to shift from gear to gear. Its most noticeable if you're in a situation at a stop light and you take off with another car with roughly the same HP as you, they can't keep up. Its fun to watch, because you can clearly see it happening, their car lurch forward and then fall back slightly as the car or they switch gears, there is no way around that with a traditional transmission that has gears, at some point they will have to spend a fraction of a second switch gears, meanwhile my coupe doesnt ever stop the acceleration process because there are no gears to switch to, its always a constant thrust forward. But most importantly, I like the 45mpg I get with a CVT. I smile every time Im near a Prius because I know, we're getting roughly the same gas mileage but they, well, theyre driving a Prius hahahahah.
You are hilarious...love the low end torque of the prius...bet it takes the hatch off the line hahahah. I drive two hours tomorrow to pick it up. So i will provide my feedback tomorrow night. Cant wait to meet my baby!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I smile every time Im near a Prius because I know, we're getting roughly the same gas mileage but they, well, theyre driving a Prius hahahahah.
I initially had this same reaction but I don't feel that way any longer cause in heavy stop AND CHILL city driving, I think the Prius still gets 30+?

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
this feels so much like a scam. Trunk tray, wheel locks, "nitrogen" in tires whatever and tints. Is there no way around this charge other than passing on the car? I will walk away, no rush to buy but seriously? Any feedback greatly appreciated.
delete

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nismo14

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
sERIOUSLY tIFFANY, YOU SHOULD WALK AWAY FROM THIS CAR and drive the half-a$$ POSs I see all millennials proudly claim and with a badge of honor no less
Not a millennial...41 yrs strong here. My 5th Honda and I know I am gonna love him!!!

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah its easy, tell them no take the trunk tray out, I will walk out if you dont remove it. Take the wheel locks off as well, I will walk if you dont remove them. I refuse to pay for nitrogen in tires when costco gives it to me for free. Then stand up. Remember, they NEED you, you dont need them. Do you have kids? If so, treat the salesman like your kid, NO, you aren't having desert before dinner, eat it or go hungry. No, take the trunk tray out.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
yeah its easy, tell them no take the trunk tray out, I will walk out if you dont remove it. Take the wheel locks off as well, I will walk if you dont remove them. I refuse to pay for nitrogen in tires when costco gives it to me for free. Then stand up. Remember, they NEED you, you dont need them. Do you have kids? If so, treat the salesman like your kid, NO, you aren't having desert before dinner, eat it or go hungry. No, take the trunk tray out.
its easy to ramble about it on a message board but its an entirely different thing to venture out and physically do everything you say. if it was this easy, you could just google you education and never physically go to school and we all know that is never happening. you can't be a paper tiger, you have to make things happen. this is why illegal immigration is down now, cause people just can't physically do something that will not pay off.

Not a millennial...41 yrs strong here. My 5th Honda and I know I am gonna love him!!!
You will hate this car cause it is not a sports car and you are used to Nismo 370Zs. You even display it as your avatar in all of its grotesque glory. Like prince said, when you drive red corvettes, you are MUCH TOO "FAST"!!

Last edited:

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its easy to ramble about it on a message board but its an entirely different thing to venture out and physically do everything you say. if it was this easy, you could just google you education and never physically go to school and we all know that is never happening. you can't be a paper tiger, you have to make things happen. this is why illegal immigration is down now, cause people just can't physically do something that will not pay off.

Do you just ramble on so you can see your pretty words on a bright screen? That was entirely incoherent connection between illegal immigration, "making things happen" and complaining that you find telling a salesman "no" is difficult. For starters it is NOT difficult for everyone to tell someone "no". I did it. I walked out of the Honda dealer in SE Portland and ended up being from a dealer in SW Washington. Simple, I refused to pay for the body kit modifications on the car, they refused to take them off. End of story. I do not need them, they need my business. Then, while you're complaining that it's easy to "ramble on a message board" and that it's "entirely different" to go out and physically do it you then negate your claim a few sentences later when you ramble on about not being a "paper tiger" you just gotta "make things happen", wtf did you think I just said in my original statement, tell them "no", as in, "make things happen". And lets not even get started on the illegal immigration thing since this is a HONDA CIVIC FORUM not a forum for you to preach about your clearly uneducated viewpoints where you continually contradict your self. By the way, the irony is probably lost on some with your comment about googling education when you start sentences without capitalized letters and use the inappropriate conjugation of the word "you".
Sponsored