Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
Just looked at completed listings on eBay, and it looks like there were a couple that sold recently at amounts above MSRP that weren't offensive - $2,400-$3,025.

@boosted180sx - if you want a CW or PMM at $4k over or less, I think there's a deal out there for you, though you may have to travel further or pay up for shipping. For a $1k, give or take, to ship the car, you may still come in within your budget.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
@boosted180sx - if you want a CW or PMM at $4k over or less, I think there's a deal out there for you, though you may have to travel further or pay up for shipping. For a $1k, give or take, to ship the car, you may still come in within your budget.
Yeah. I have a trade in so I would rather buy it closer by instead of having to go to carmax and selling the car after but i'm hoping that is the case. I feel like I am offering them a reasonable price.

btw, Honda of Pasadena wants 60k for the CW Ctr, Norm reeves Honda HB wants 47k, Norm reeves Honda cerritos wants 43k. Those are the three that i called today. None of them took my offer of +4k

edit: norm reeves cerritos got 3 of them today and asking the same price for all 3 of them. smh

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I have a stupid question, my local dealer wanted 5K over MSRP, salesman said I can pay the 5K up front first and/or put more money down and finance the rest. Now my question is will lenders even finance you if you pay a mark up on a car upfront?

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a stupid question, my local dealer wanted 5K over MSRP, salesman said I can pay the 5K up front first and/or put more money down and finance the rest. Now my question is will lenders even finance you if you pay a mark up on a car upfront?
Including tax tag and title most lenders will only finance up to 120% of the NADA value of the car.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I'm not surprised. tbh I'm probably more upset about how the dealers are treating me rather than the insane ADM. The way they talk to you when you offer a MARKUP that's not as high as they want frustrates you. Start talking to you like an idiot and telling you "oh there's so little of them out here, you'll never get one for that price". You don't like my offer, just tell me you don't like it and then move on with your day. They seem to always want to add the final word.

I just want to offer a+4k adm and if they take it, they take it. If they don't take it, just say you can't do that price and move on. I don't care to hear about all the BS that you want to tell me after. A dealer i called in the valley area yesterday claims they sold their first Type R for 85k and the 2nd one they got for 65k. Like really? Even in california, I can't see how ANYONE would pay 85 when they could've probably went to any other dealer and buy it for much cheaper.
You know they are straight up lying to you right there. I believe the most I have seen in socal would be 52k. And that was the first batch. The second and third batch should be significantly lower. Maybe Honda does not want to give an exact number that they are producing to prevent overinflated price markup over 55k+. Just imagine if Honda announce they will only make 100 more units and that's it. You could see those ADM's in the 60-80k range easy. :confused1:

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Yeah. I have a trade in so I would rather buy it closer by instead of having to go to carmax and selling the car after but i'm hoping that is the case. I feel like I am offering them a reasonable price.

btw, Honda of Pasadena wants 60k for the CW Ctr, Norm reeves Honda HB wants 47k, Norm reeves Honda cerritos wants 43k. Those are the three that i called today. None of them took my offer of +4k

edit: norm reeves cerritos got 3 of them today and asking the same price for all 3 of them. smh
I guess the norm reeves conglomerate change their tune of MSRP plus accessories. They are suppose to be one of the "better" dealerships but I guess greed took over. Hmmm

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I guess the norm reeves conglomerate change their tune of MSRP plus accessories. They are suppose to be one of the "better" dealerships but I guess greed took over. Hmmm
Yeah ... they were one of the better dealerships i have dealt with my past car buying years. It was technically not all mark up at the cerritos location but they wanted 5k + 4k in warranties/gap insurance/etc. I asked them if they can just drop the warranties and all that stuff and do 5k but they wouldn't budge.
Sponsored