Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

SchnellBBY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback MT
Country flag
Most of the dealers here in Texas received their second one a week ago. The east coast usually get theirs a couple of weeks before we do.
yeah that sounds about right, the dealerships around here (MA) got their second shipments 1 to 2 weeks ago
Sponsored

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Gillman Honda in Selma, TX is charging for the Type R kit included on their car, which also has 93 miles on it, was bought, and returned aka used.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 20770427_1522427234445738_1384872022750599232_n

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Gillman Honda in Selma, TX is charging for the Type R kit included on their car, which also has 93 miles on it, was bought, and returned aka used.

20770427_1522427234445738_1384872022750599232_n.jpg
LX with type-r looking parts?

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
LX with type-r looking parts?
No...it is an actually USED Type R that they are marking up with options and also charging for the Type R aero kit that already comes standard on the car.

Last edited:

Honda Marketing

First Name
kimha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type-S
I feel the same way - most dealer employees won't even realize the car shouldn't be driven or stored in cold temperatures and the few that do won't care.
Very true until... BAM!!! Some body got hurt from a car accident... A new Honda type R with summer tires driven in cold weather resulted in multitiple blown tires.... A law suit is filed against Honda for not disclosing this info to the buyer.... Honda competitors use social media to make sure it is on front page news to cause as much damage to Honda as possible.

I am very optimistic that I will get a CTR at MSRP by this winter. I am just not sure if I want to go through all the troubles to get one from one of the "cold" states. Not sure how to protect these tires from damage during transportation, assuming they haven't already been damaged at the dealer's lot.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quick story : A dealer called said a guy with deposit down didn't want a black one. I can take it for 45. I said no wonder he bailed. After that he said this car is limited 2500. I told him there are cars with badge number in the 4000s. He hung up . Lmao.

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
If anyone in CA is looking for a Type R, Honda of El Cerrito just called and told me they are letting the blue one they have go for MSRP... I think it has about 100+ miles on it because the owner of the dealership used it as a commuter for a bit before he was ready to sell it at his dealership. I am not in the market for one since I bought a different vehicle :D Its funny cuz they kept telling me they had someone interested in it for 10k over adm, then 2 weeks after 7.5k adm... now MSRP pwahahaha they probably found out not everyone out there is willing to buy for ADM and are tired of dealing with flakers. Shouldve just sold it at MSRP when they had willing buyers.
El Cerrito gave everyone joy rides so the public can get a feel of the car. Now that you said the owner used it as a commuter LOL. These dealerships are too funny, back then i offerd 2.5k over msrp and was denied aka auction. Then hear 10k and now dropping all the way down to msrp for a used type r

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
El Cerrito gave everyone joy rides so the public can get a feel of the car. Now that you said the owner used it as a commuter LOL. These dealerships are too funny, back then i offerd 2.5k over msrp and was denied aka auction. Then hear 10k and now dropping all the way down to msrp for a used type r

Can any body go test drive this one ?