Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! {filename}

I previously had Chameleon Yellow/Green fog light tint wrap (see my garage for pictures) but decided to switch them out for a simple Yellow tint.

Looking at possibly switching out my fog lights. any one have recommendations for LED's? i was looking at the colour change ones which seem cool.. if anyone has those (3000k-6000k) let me know how they are.
I have the Morimoto XB LED full replacement kit. pretty sick looking, here is one pic of the color. Ill grab some better pics later

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! Fogs
Sponsored

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Morimoto XB LED full replacement kit. pretty sick looking, here is one pic of the color. Ill grab some better pics later

looks good! how much where they?/do you have a link to them? i really like the look of the LED low beams but everyone seems to think they don't project as nice on the road since the housing isnt "made" for it.. how are you finding it? in the rain and such.. i swapped my halogen low beams for the sylvania silverlight ultra .. they are somewhat brighter than stock but i would love to match the while LED look and better brightness.. as you can see from my picture there the ultras still look stock yellow-ish..

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks good! how much where they?/do you have a link to them? i really like the look of the LED low beams but everyone seems to think they don't project as nice on the road since the housing isnt "made" for it.. how are you finding it? in the rain and such.. i swapped my halogen low beams for the sylvania silverlight ultra .. they are somewhat brighter than stock but i would love to match the while LED look and better brightness.. as you can see from my picture there the ultras still look stock yellow-ish..
I have the Morimote HID kit in the lows and XB led kit in the fogs and in the rain its really good. here is the link for the fogs.... https://www.theretrofitsource.com/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html

You can add yellow laminX for like $15 more

wingnut171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag

I went with Sirius for the Fogs - Match the stock DRL nicely - For my Low Beam, I went with The Retrofit Source Morimoto HID at 5500k - Make sure you get the H11B bulb

https://www.amazon.com/SiriusLED-Li...&qid=1502394409&sr=1-1&keywords=sirius+led+h8

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/a...quipped)&preselect=47309&preselect_restrict=1

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, the sirius look good in the fogs and a much cheaper way out than the morimoto fogs, but I love the beam pattern they put out.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI, my HID kit is the 35w 6500K h11b.

wingnut171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
yeah, the sirius look good in the fogs and a much cheaper way out than the morimoto fogs, but I love the beam pattern they put out.
The price difference between the Sirius and Morimoto isn't that much and probably worth the extra $15. I chose Sirius because I'll eventually change fogs to Projector HID.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Morimote HID kit in the lows and XB led kit in the fogs and in the rain its really good. here is the link for the fogs.... https://www.theretrofitsource.com/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html

You can add yellow laminX for like $15 more
I like the price of the Sirius LED's .. since im in Canada and USD -> CAD price sucks. the HID did you have to change anything or was in installed in the stock projectors? i wasn't really planning on spending 150USD (190 CAD) on an HID kit.. maybe in the future though.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The price difference between the Sirius and Morimoto isn't that much and probably worth the extra $15. I chose Sirius because I'll eventually change fogs to Projector HID.
hmmm, the sirius bulbs you linked are $25, the morimoto led fog lamp kit is $170 but its the whole housing being replaced.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the price of the Sirius LED's .. since im in Canada and USD -> CAD price sucks. the HID did you have to change anything or was in installed in the stock projectors? i wasn't really planning on spending 150USD (190 CAD) on an HID kit.. maybe in the future though.
they just plugged right in to the stock projector. You should probably run a relay as well. but if you want the best lighting, then buying the morimoto HID kit is worth it. If you dont really care it probably seems like a lot.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they just plugged right in to the stock projector. You should probably run a relay as well. but if you want the best lighting, then buying the morimoto HID kit is worth it. If you dont really care it probably seems like a lot.
i dont doubt that its the best. its what i see most people going towards. maybe next summer ill look into it or if my halogens fail. spent enough money on my car ahaha. i just checked for the sirius led and in canada it comes up to $50.. conversion + shipping sucks.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Took my car into the dealership today to check out a faint ticking/rattling engine sound that happens only when engine is warm and I'm accelerating. I guess it's not a big deal yet. Only at 2300 miles at 6 months.
Did they find anything wrong with it yet? Im having the same issue but haven't had time to bring it in

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
You should do yourself and the world a favor and brush up on US traffic laws. The cyclists were 100% in the right in that video. Cyclists are supposed to follow the same laws that a motor vehicle does.
I know this is old but I've been out of town and just saw this. You're so wrong it's not funny. Here, let me google that for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=us bicycle laws two abreast&cad=h

Notice the map, and notice all of the Red states, and the text that accompanies it:
"Red states require riders to ride single file if riding two-abreast would impede traffic."

I think it's safe to say that they were impeding traffic, and hence maybe YOU should brush up on your cycling laws before looking like a fool.

veritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
I know this is old but I've been out of town and just saw this.
Maybe you should DM me instead of bringing up old stuff, especially after a mod already said to stop derailing the thread. You know, so YOU don't look like a fool.

:topic:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.