Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Its happening much earlier than anticipated. SoCals second wave is just starting to hit dealers with a third wave coming at the end of this month.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Pretty much I can wait though I'm in no hurry to get one.
One Dealer told me they were recieving 3 soon and if I wanted to put a deposit but I said if I can get a vin and sign papers for MSRP Only fine.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Called another dealer last night who has two R's sitting on their lot. Been sitting there since last week. Made an offer and they wouldn't budge on $7-$10K ADM. Smh

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always tell them to call you if/when they are ready to actually sell those cars. I think most dealers will soon find out that their price gouging on the Type R is over and the "HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!" group has already bought their cars. Like I said before, it costs dealers money to keep cars sitting on the lot as they have to pay insurance and maintenance costs each month for every car.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Always tell them to call you if/when they are ready to actually sell those cars. I think most dealers will soon find out that their price gouging on the Type R is over and the "HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!" group has already bought their cars.
Dude was chill. He took my name and number down and said if we decide to go the price you want, I will give you a call. I told him I would be willing to do MSRP + options like extended warranty and LoJack. Still wouldn't budge.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Supply is starting to catch up with demand. When the car is sitting on lots for more than a week, you know something is up.

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Don't even bother calling Hersons Honda, scum and scam, those people are weird, they call and said when I could come over to discuss in person,

I ask do you have the vehicle and if so how much and she said Since this is a very popular car, we can't disclose any information on it. I said isn't the point you trying to sell a car? Without a price how you sell something, I said don't bother wasting my time and she hung up.

DCR_Indy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Civic Mugen SI
Added Honda of Fishers in Fishers, IN to the naughty list. They did not honor a deal at MSRP that I made in March. Shortly before my car arrived, they said that they were selling the car for $5K over MSRP. They had some really lame excuses for doing this. All of which have been posted on here before.

I tried to reason with them by letting them know that the bad press and word of mouth about them not honoring my deal would cost them more than $5K in future business. To which the GM responded, “I am just doing what the owners want”. The GM then ran away after my wife said b*** s***. He said, “I didn’t cuss at you”, and then turned tail and ran. LOL I got my deposit back and left.
Sponsored