What did you do to your Civic today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_culp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
I'm thinking about swapping the orange side markers for smoked ones. Anyone know where I can get a set of genuine ones?
Sponsored

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
3M CR tint, 50% all around except front windshield.
However, I'm now a bit concerned about my rear defroster lines and wonder if the tinter messed them up. The top lines look odd and a couple of them aren't connected (pictures attached). I haven't noticed them before so no idea if that's how they are (which would be strange that two lines aren't connected) or they were messed with. Could someone check theirs and let me know if this is normal?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! imageedit_2_6484359037

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170806_170929

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried a carbon wrap on the inter cooler grille. Since I have the carbon look rear diffuser, this balances the front.

For my first attempt, it was ok, but I'm going to re-wrap it at some point.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_9534.JPG

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That's the strangest defroster lines I've ever seen. Is that really a US model Civic X? Yes, there must be connections in the lines for current to flow. I've only ever seen heavy vertical lines going down the far left and right with thin connecting horizontal lines. Never seen anything like yours.

However, I'm now a bit concerned about my rear defroster lines and wonder if the tinter messed them up. The top lines look odd and a couple of them aren't connected (pictures attached). I haven't noticed them before so no idea if that's how they are (which would be strange that two lines aren't connected) or they were messed with. Could someone check theirs and let me know if this is normal?

IMG_20170806_170929.jpg

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
3M CR tint, 50% all around except front windshield.

imageedit_2_6484359037.gif

IMG_20170806_170929.jpg
Those are supposed to be embedded in the glass. I think you will be ok.

GlassyIce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
That's the strangest defroster lines I've ever seen. Is that really a US model Civic X? Yes, there must be connections in the lines for current to flow. I've only ever seen heavy vertical lines going down the far left and right with thin connecting horizontal lines. Never seen anything like yours.
They're not defroster lines; the ones at the top are the radio antenna.

Oddly on the EX-T and up that has the shark fin antenna that area is just empty instead of the defroster going up the window all the way.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The black Sport/Touring definitely got old pretty quickly (hence why I sold it)! I love the Si's silver tone, miuch better.

Love the Z too.

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks, I did not know that.

They're not defroster lines; the ones at the top are the radio antenna.

Oddly on the EX-T and up that has the shark fin antenna that area is just empty instead of the defroster going up the window all the way.

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have the funky trunk lip spoiler, it wont fit unless you take the lip off and then you have 6 stupid holes in your trunk exposed
You could use gorilla tape to seal them. The light bar comes with a gasket and will cover those holes.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Status
Not open for further replies.