Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We now have our first look at a production-spec prototype for the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe, caught during some early shakedown tests in the Mojave desert.

Honda's surprise unveiling of the Honda Civic Coupe concept car at the recent New York Auto Show made it one of the stars of the New York Auto Show. While the concept gave us a great look at the direction for the next Civic coupe--the details were turned up to 11 for maximum showbiz appeal.

These real-world prototypes caught testing give us our first, uncovered look at the Civic coupe that is destined for showrooms. The wing mirrors are much larger than the concept's, and the front- and rear-fascias have been toned down a bit. Our shots also give us a better sense of the shape without the concept's large rear wing.

The headlights on the prototype have simpler internal elements than the concepts', for more cost-effective production, but the overall shape and the main LED accents remain in place

The angular tail-lights and the chiseled rear-quarters can be seen on the prototype, and one of our shots also shows that the tail-lights will, indeed, wrap across the rear deck lid, just as it does on Honda's screaming green concept car!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca04.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca03.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca05.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca06.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca01.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca02.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca07.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form CivicCoupe.uca08.KGP.ed

Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
Yessss looks like they're sticking close to the concept!!! Is it me or does the side profile look even better on the production model than the concept?

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Yessss looks like they're sticking close to the concept!!! Is it me or does the side profile look even better on the production model than the concept?
Nice pics thx for posting these.

Agreed on the side profile, the front half reminds me of the R8's trunk and roof line. I like what I'm seeing.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Great angle right here. Always liked how the tail lights cut back towards the front with its boomerang shape, and I see that on the production prototype too

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Prototype Caught Testing in Production Form c

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I see wraparound tail lights!
That's going to look awesome on the road.
Relieved to see the lights retained. That's was most distinguishing styling element on the concept Civic.

The coupe's looking nice!

Guzmannn

Threads
Reaction score
Ah concept side mirrors always look so much sleeker then they go and put dumbo ones on.

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Ah concept side mirrors always look so much sleeker then they go and put dumbo ones on.
Yea but nobody actually expects concept cars' mirrors to make production. Those are rarely ever like the concept version due to safety regulations they're the first to go when going from concept to production car.

The side view really is a dead-on match of the concept. 2 things I hope is hiding underneath the camouflage - the upsweeping lower doorline (which I think I can sorta make out on the prorotype) and the extended C-pillar trim. That extra piece on the concept really elongates the rear quarter window and gives the side a great look.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Looks real sleek. Good job Honda. It already looks good in camo so that's very promising.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Judging by the comparison pics they shouldnt have called it a concept at all.. looks like they showed exactly what we'll get.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Country flag
Judging by the comparison pics they shouldnt have called it a concept at all.. looks like they showed exactly what we'll get.
Well the vents / intakes are all still covered up so its hard to tell detailed bodywork at this point but the overall shape and proportions are spot on.

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Solid job, but I hope the high spoiler wasn't just for the concept and actually comes with the Si model or available as an add-on

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Solid job, but I hope the high spoiler wasn't just for the concept and actually comes with the Si model or available as an add-on
Agree it definitely looks better with the spoiler. Is it functional too?
Sponsored