So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Covercraft UVS100 with the 2017 Civic Hatchback? According to the Covercraft website they use the same sunshade model for both the 2016 and 2017 Civic models, but the 2017 lane sensor box behind the rearview mirror is almost twice the width of the one on the 2016 model. Seeing how it's already a snug fit on the 2016 I'm inclined to believe that it does not fit the 2017...
Yup. I have a 17 w/ Honda Sensing and it fits fine. Sorry for the bad picture, its the only picture I have of it, but the sensing model doesn't really affect the shade's purpose. I'll grab another picture later when I use the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! {filename}
Sponsored

xkeeja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Yup. I have a 17 w/ Honda Sensing and it fits fine. Sorry for the bad picture, its the only picture I have of it, but the sensing model doesn't really affect the shade's purpose. I'll grab another picture later when I use the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! {filename}
Hmmm the picture isn't showing up for me, but that's great news! I just wanted some confirmation that the sunshade also fits the 17 model with the sensing box. I've tried plenty of other cheap universal sunshades that just didn't fit at all.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Hmmm the picture isn't showing up for me, but that's great news! I just wanted some confirmation that the sunshade also fits the 17 model with the sensing box. I've tried plenty of other cheap universal sunshades that just didn't fit at all.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! qsNt7HDh

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! g2CyOcHh

Hope this helps. It does hit the box a little, but the shade still blocks fine.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
Has anyone tried the Covercraft UVS100 with the 2017 Civic Hatchback? According to the Covercraft website they use the same sunshade model for both the 2016 and 2017 Civic models, but the 2017 lane sensor box behind the rearview mirror is almost twice the width of the one on the 2016 model. Seeing how it's already a snug fit on the 2016 I'm inclined to believe that it does not fit the 2017...
It will fit fine. The cutout in the sunshade is dimensionally equivocal to the shaded area of your windshield behind the rear view mirror. More than enough room to accommodate the sense box.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Purchased the intro-tech ultimate reflector from autoanything. Took 3 days from purchase to delivery. Overall I am very satisfied. The fit is great and probably has a 1/4 inch gap on the sides which is not a big deal. It comes with a free case and a side window shade as well. Hopefully it keeps the interior cool during the hot so. cal summer

IMG_20160804_175536.jpg IMG_20160804_175731.jpg
IMG_20160804_175741.jpg IMG_20160804_175812.jpg
what does the side window shade look like? Trying to decide if I can use it as a sunscreen for the rear car seat window...TIA

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I still like part of the thread title, "no more hot car". In the summer the car is gonna get hot inside no matter what you do. It's crazy, but I have got into a co-workers car after it setting in the sun all day with no tint or shade, and it wasn't any hotter than mine is with tinted windows AND a sunshade. I'm not convinced either one makes any difference.
I live in Southern California and we get tons of shine. Of course the car will get hot no matter what but it really helps if you use a sunshade and tint. The sunshade helps from those scorching, branding, hot as hell metal seat belts and really helps on the seats and actually makes the steering wheel touchable when you get in the car. Tint definitely helps when your driving about and less UV is penetrating your skin. You can actually feel the difference (just got my car tinted) as you drive around you notice how less of a burn you get from the sun.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Got a CoverCraft for my Coupe. Very happy with it.

IMG_2054s.jpg

IMG_2063.JPG
Wow the CoverCraft looks good. I ordered mine about a week ago and am still waiting for it to come in the mail. Mazda has one that's exactly like CoverCraft except they have a Mazda Logo on the front of the sunshade and a Mazda bag. I wish Honda did that but oh well i'm just nitpicking :p

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EXL
does a 2016 "DX" model have the same windshield fit as a 2017 hatch? Found a good price on EBay but it says specifically for DX model.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
does a 2016 "DX" model have the same windshield fit as a 2017 hatch? Found a good price on EBay but it says specifically for DX model.
DX was the previous generation if im not mistaken.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Civic DX is one step down from the LX in Canada, still sold in Canada. It is not sold in Canada AFAIK.
Oh Canada lol, good to know, thought all NA Civics uses the same designation. Windshield shoukd be the same on the hatch then

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
Oh Canada lol, good to know, thought all NA Civics uses the same designation. Windshield shoukd be the same on the hatch then
Quite sure there is still the LX and EX in both countries that use the 2.0 Vtec na engine....

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EXL
Can someone who has an Intro Tech shade take a look and tell me if this is the correct fit? I got this Intro-Tech custom fit sunshade off ebay, and i specifically choose the option "Without Sensor". When i fit it, everything is great, except to me it looks like there is a heck of a gap around the review mirror. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or did they send me the "With Sensor" version maybe?

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! uKm9BEK

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! YluMJth

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did you pay? I got the Honda non sensor and it covers the whole back of the mirror except for a minimal gap around the arm.
Sponsored