First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my car back from the detailer: PPF, OptiCoat Pro, and carbon fiber roof wrap. So far, I've also done Depo clear side markers and Supernova interior lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PclGFllkoTf47MLZCUvNmq2-SYpChPJHm7ENPSetArnZEKHSCe1e4FWVY85ArluMZSAos-l1_aoPYDEJBV_P6Oog=s974-no

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? vHRjSJ-Tz-SKfRVwiK7LjAQYHiFIhbb0vY_B8cM2Pm84KZQsgF2iu2Ks4tOXkN5WaU2aCqUtCbi1blYWSw=w1299-h974-no

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Q4GMvi3-j2mFZeeQD-yRm6fA3Kmq_gzgKZXInWrBzhE6bIoGzq9mpXtXZtP2cVLokUKf5MP0y_-2468fnA=w1299-h974-no

TBH, not sure how I completely feel about the roof wrap. I've seen a lot worse so the cuts are pretty decent but the shop left quite a bit of white. It bothers me but not so much so that I hate it or can't sleep at night. Also, not sure if this is an 'acceptable' amount of exposure.
They didn't remove the rain gutters and wrap underneath?

My vortex generators are wrapped.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
The correct way to wrap our roof is remove rain guards and shark fin antenna.
It takes some work, maybe 5 minutes or less to remove.
I'm actually cool with where they stopped and not wrapping part of the liftback and all the fins, but I agree that they should've taken off the antennae and rain gutters. It's funny...the shop I used had high end cars (several Aston Martins and Porsche GT3) the times I visited so I figured they'd go above and beyond. Anyway, I already called and complained this morning and they put me in again next week.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm actually cool with where they stopped and not wrapping part of the liftback and all the fins, but I agree that they should've taken off the antennae and rain gutters. It's funny...the shop I used had high end cars (several Aston Martins and Porsche GT3) the times I visited so I figured they'd go above and beyond. Anyway, I already called and complained this morning and they put me in again next week.
Let me know if i can help in any way. We'll get your R looking great.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Let me know if i can help in any way. We'll get your R looking great.
Thanks man. If they give me a hard time, I'll just ask for my money back, and just do the roof wrap in CA. I only dropped money in CO b/c I'm driving my car back to CA so I wanted everything (detail, PPF, ceramic coating) done and the CTR protected before my road trip.