Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you clean the engine bay?
What did you use to clean?
i use a microfiber with the simoniz car wash wax in gel(blue bottle)
just used a little bit in a bucket and took off all the filt and it make a a clear coated kind of wax int the bay so its stays clean a lot more longer

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow these Morimoto LED headlights put out a lot more than I was expecting from what people were complaining about on other brands.
Yep. They're great. I installed them couple weeks ago. Some people will say otherwise though just be warned.
The morimoto LED headlight kit is better than the crappy bulbs people have been trying but they still dont hold a candle to the morimoto HIDs.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Never said they were better than the HID out there. Simply said these were better than the stock halogen. Comparing to stock only, not HID.

The morimoto LED headlight kit is better than the crappy bulbs people have been trying but they still dont hold a candle to the morimoto HIDs.

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Got to be the first one to install D2 racing lowering springs from http://urbanimport.com/ their first shipment.
You can also check out their main website https://www.d2racing.com/ for their coilovers and air suspension. Total of 2 inch drop all around.
DSC_1695.JPG
civicx bolens.jpg

Then had a chance to shoot this picture with my friends.
Bolens999 2.jpg

20170630_113555.jpg

20170630_112626.jpg

civicx bolens9.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.28.51 PM.png

Love the look of this mod! I've actually been looking at these specific springs for quite some time now, and I'm sold!

couple of questions though if you don't mind:
1.) how's the handling? did the springs a big difference?
2.) how's the overall experience when driving? is the suspension more/ less comfortable than the stock?
3.) has spring affected your mileage?
4.) are your wheels touching any part of the car when driving? or scuffing the road itself? (turns, humps, etc.)

your response is highly appreciated!

Last edited:

Bolens999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Rallye Red 2017, Honda Accord V6 2004
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the look of this mod! I've actually been looking at these specific springs for quite some time now, and I'm sold!

couple of questions though if you don't mind:
1.) how's the handling? did the springs a big difference?
2.) how's the overall experience when driving? is the suspension more/ less comfortable than the stock?
3.) has spring affected your mileage?
4.) are your wheels touching any part of the car when driving? or scuffing the road itself? (turns, humps, etc.)

your response is highly appreciated!
1. Handling is noticeably better, turning and going around corners are a lot more fun than before. Made a big difference in a good way, even with the 2 inch drop. I like the springs. I probably would try out the coil overs for this car in a year or two.

2. Overall experience is that I feel more in control of the road and know I can switch lanes if needed. The suspension is a lot more comfortable than I expected and it is better than before specially now that I am running on lower psi. It can get a little bouncy on a road that has a little dip but it does not scuff anywhere. I will try running higher psi again if someone needs more info on that. We do know that it is a lot rougher running higher psi though. I prefer the current psi as it has reduced road noise and absorbs more of impact better.

3. I have noticed that my mileage went up a little. I currently have over 1k miles recorded on my trip A and have noticed that my mileage got better. I have not checked it in actual MPG on a daily basis but I fill up longer than before since most of the time, it rolls more freely compared before. Back then, after letting go of the gas, it would not roll as far as it does now. I was running 45 psi all around before since I have the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 245/35 tires but I am currently running 35 front and 38 back.

4. No, the wheels are not touching any part of the car when driving. Note that I am running on TSW 19x8.5 My Kuya who installed it, tested it himself and was surprised that there is no rubbing at all. I have documented just 2 times in my dash cam that it had a slight touch on the road itself. It was when I was entering the freeway and did not realized that there was a sudden drop on the road and there were a lot of potholes up ahead. The second was a deep and wide pothole on an area where I was not familiar with. Checked the bottom splash guards and nothing to worry about. Normal humps, I though I had to do the left or right first then follow but I do not have to do that. I can just slowly go over the humps like I normally would. Long lower humps are even better. The one I dislike the most are those little long bumps on some road that I think is covering some piping, those are the worst and they are narrow, around 2 inch thick and about 1.5 inches high. I do however pay more close attention to rail tracks on some streets. (the ones that are within city streets) some areas have some deeper missing road and not flushed flat. Those are the 2nd ones that you would feel the difference in terms of how the suspension is taking the sudden change in the terrain.

Extra info: I still run the car fully loaded with 5 adults and still no rubbing or scuffing. I get a lot more praises and questions regarding what I have done to my car that it stands out a lot more than the other ones they have seen on the road. I feel that I accelerate a lot faster with minimal press on the gas. I think that it will have a lot more pros on comfort on 18 inch wheels due to the nature of their thickness. I like how low it is and the elderly that I take with me once in a while appreciated the drop since it is less hassle for their aching knees. I have to be careful now since the car is lower than the curbs and curb block. I have trained myself to eyeball it as close as possible and have yet to hit one in the future. (hopefully not) I do like that this car is not too long so parking is not affected. My house has a steep and narrow entryway to my parking and garage but there is also no scuffing going straight.

PS: I am not a professional and only answering the questions based on what I know and what I have experienced firsthand. If I have worded some things wrong, let me know. I drive multiple cars from different brands so I know the feeling of having different heights and suspension setup.

My bad for the long post. Moving along. :hide:

Last edited:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Picked up my Evo from the body shop, saw this:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! TEzEkp4

felt the pain for the owner, looked so new. I am seeing more of them (civic hatchbacks) on the road these days now.

after parking both the Civic and Evo for dinner (pit stop after body shop)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! KiJ2XB2

and then I turned around and saw...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 6rOGa0

That was a funny series of events

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
1. Handling is noticeably better, turning and going around corners are a lot more fun than before. Made a big difference in a good way, even with the 2 inch drop. I like the springs. I probably would try out the coil overs for this car in a year or two.

2. Overall experience is that I feel more in control of the road and know I can switch lanes if needed. The suspension is a lot more comfortable than I expected and it is better than before specially now that I am running on lower psi. It can get a little bouncy on a road that has a little dip but it does not scuff anywhere. I will try running higher psi again if someone needs more info on that. We do know that it is a lot rougher running higher psi though. I prefer the current psi as it has reduced road noise and absorbs more of impact better.

3. I have noticed that my mileage went up a little. I currently have over 1k miles recorded on my trip A and have noticed that my mileage got better. I have not checked it in actual MPG on a daily basis but I fill up longer than before since most of the time, it rolls more freely compared before. Back then, after letting go of the gas, it would not roll as far as it does now. I was running 45 psi all around before since I have the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 245/35 tires but I am currently running 35 front and 38 back.

4. No, the wheels are not touching any part of the car when driving. Note that I am running on TSW 19x8.5 My Kuya who installed it, tested it himself and was surprised that there is no rubbing at all. I have documented just 2 times in my dash cam that it had a slight touch on the road itself. It was when I was entering the freeway and did not realized that there was a sudden drop on the road and there were a lot of potholes up ahead. The second was a deep and wide pothole on an area where I was not familiar with. Checked the bottom splash guards and nothing to worry about. Normal humps, I though I had to do the left or right first then follow but I do not have to do that. I can just slowly go over the humps like I normally would. Long lower humps are even better. The one I dislike the most are those little long bumps on some road that I think is covering some piping, those are the worst and they are narrow, around 2 inch thick and about 1.5 inches high. I do however pay more close attention to rail tracks on some streets. (the ones that are within city streets) some areas have some deeper missing road and not flushed flat. Those are the 2nd ones that you would feel the difference in terms of how the suspension is taking the sudden change in the terrain.

Extra info: I still run the car fully loaded with 5 adults and still no rubbing or scuffing. I get a lot more praises and questions regarding what I have done to my car that it stands out a lot more than the other ones they have seen on the road. I feel that I accelerate a lot faster with minimal press on the gas. I think that it will have a lot more pros on comfort on 18 inch wheels due to the nature of their thickness. I like how low it is and the elderly that I take with me once in a while appreciated the drop since it is less hassle for their aching knees. I have to be careful now since the car is lower than the curbs and curb block. I have trained myself to eyeball it as close as possible and have yet to hit one in the future. (hopefully not) I do like that this car is not too long so parking is not affected. My house has a steep and narrow entryway to my parking and garage but there is also no scuffing going straight.

PS: I am not a professional and only answering the questions based on what I know and what I have experienced firsthand. If I have worded some things wrong, let me know. I drive multiple cars from different brands so I know the feeling of having different heights and suspension setup.

My bad for the long post. Moving along. :hide:
I absolutely love the look and d2 has some high quality products. I am most likely going with the gt or rs coilovers myself. As for the handling sure the springs will help since the car has a lower center of gravity then before. However you have max performance rated summer tires on so if I had to put money on it I would say the majority of handling and mileage is coming from the tires. Again not to say the springs don"t play a role in either but having max performance tires will be a huge factor in ride quality. Overall looks great and definitely going with d2 myself.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically not today but saturday, went to do the tint on my hatch and for what I read on the forum I had to run away from that place. It looks they don't know what they are doing. So now I'm scared to go to any other shop. Please someone in Broward FL area recommend me a trusted shop to do the tint on my hatch, preferably someone that has done their hatchback there. :bow:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.