Need to make up my mind on color...

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
Finally made up my mind to get a sedan Si, and i wanted to see all the colors first but i cant make up my mind on which to get.... so i am stalling.

Silver looks ok, idk
Black mutes the front,rear black fake airvents
Red is very nice but loud a bit , racey looking
Dark silver looks ok too ..a b

I wanted to see the PeArl White but nobody around me has one.

IDK what to do. I got a day to think about it,
Sponsored

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Finally made up my mind to get a sedan Si, and i wanted to see all the colors first but i cant make up my mind on which to get.... so i am stalling.

Silver looks ok, idk
Black mutes the front,rear black fake airvents
Red is very nice but loud a bit , racey looking
Dark silver looks ok too ..a b

I bought a Lunar silver Si sedan. I liked how the silver looked with the black and the red from the taillights. It will look better once I get the red emblems.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

Not sure why you have one day, since it appears not all colors are available for you to even see, let alone buy...

But anyway, regarding the white one -- maybe you can find a white hatch? Not a complete solution for your problem, but at least you'll get to see what it looks like from the front, since they (hatch and Si) look identical from that angle

Last edited:

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my heart set on blue, but then I saw the modern steel and wanted that, because I loved the way the front and rear black parts popped on those colors. Unfortunately for me, the dealer couldn't get either one so I ended up taking the black (hence my garage name...hehehe).

Like you mentioned, the black mutes all the cool front and rear trim, which is a double edged sword...it doesn't cause unwanted attention from d-bags In ST's/WRX's/GTI's trying desperately to prove something, but it also causes it to go unnoticed by anyone else (at least in my case).

Having said all that, I'm really starting to love CBP, especially today because I've just washed her for the first time. The blue/silver metallic flecks in the paint is awesome!

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I had this problem when I was picking too. I my top picks were WOP, and AGB. I really like the Lunar Silver also. I went with AGB because here in Southern California everyone has either a white or black car. I didn't want to fall into the sea of white and black cars so I decided I wanted to stand out with Blue.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind the interior's motif is red-on-black no matter which paint color you pick. For that reason alone, I'd have a hard time justifying anything that's not red, black, or white, but that's only my opinion. I went with red because it's my favorite color and I've always wanted a red car. It contrasts well with the black accents, and of course it's a great match for the interior.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Allow me to make a poor attempt at a color analysis without letting too much bias creep in...

White Orchid Pearl - Looks luxurious - especially in certain light. It's easy to maintain and doesn't get as hot in the Summer. It's been a popular color and has replaced solid white as a standard color for almost every model of vehicle on the road (except fleet vehicles which remain solid white) making it somewhat common.

Crystal Black Pearl - Classic and sinister. Hides the controversial faux vents. Hottest in the Summer. Must be meticulously maintained in avoid showing road film, scratches and swirl marks, but beautiful after a proper detail...until it rains.

Aegean Blue Metallic - This is a very rich blue. It's a soothing, yet fun and eye-catching color. Being somewhat dark, it tends to show swirl marks if you're not careful.

Lunar Silver Metallic - A very "high-tech"-looking color. It's easy to maintain, popular, and safe.

Polished Metal Metallic - Grays is very "safe", but can be somewhat ho-hum. It is a good choice if you want to blend in and not draw attention.

Energy Green Pearl (coupe only) - "Look at meee!!!" This is a very fun, juvenile color. It's unique even in the universe of vehicle colors and will most definitely attract the most attention.

Rallye Red - This is a classic sports car color and the Si's signature color. It's the only non-metallic and non-pearlescent color available on the Si, so it's unique in this regard and is the easiest to touch-up. Rallye Red also essentially eliminates the need to spend $400-600 on the red front "lip" (front underbody spoiler) for appearance reasons since it's the same color as the car. A bonus is that a Ralley Red Si already has somewhat of a JDM badge on the back since vehicle's color shows through the chrome H. :)

My choices were limited to white, black, and red. Blue and green clash with the red badges and interior stitching. Silver and gray are too safe. I already have a white vehicle and I've had enough black ones to know how much maintenance they require, so the process of elimination lead me to Ralley Red.

Last edited:

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I was in love with rallye red the moment I saw it on the si. I also loved the awesome look of the Aegean blue as well. However no dealership around me had one. Honda of Florence got a rallye red sedan in and I went to check it out. Once I saw it sitting on the showroom I was sold. It just stuck out more than any color on any honda on the lot and definitely the showroom. Such a gorgeous color and really brings out all of the black accents on the vehicle, not to mention the black interior. Also like zroger said it is very easy to maintain and even looks clean when dirty.
Sponsored