Scuffing Interior Door Panels

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Has anyone noticed that if you touch the inside door panel with your shoe/boot, it easily scuffs the black plastic? I've tried wiping it, and it looks permanent. I've had many cars, and I don't ever remember permanently scuffing the plastic on the doors.

Has anyone else had this issue and figured out a way to rectify this?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Yes, this is happening to my car also. It bugs me everytime I get in or out of the car.

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, this is happening to my car also. It bugs me everytime I get in or out of the car.
Have you been able to get rid of the marks? It's easily to inadvertently touch the door with the end of your shoe or boot. But you'd think you would be able to wipe the marks off. Is this plastic something different than other vehicles?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Have you been able to get rid of the marks? It's easily to inadvertently touch the door with the end of your shoe or boot. But you'd think you would be able to wipe the marks off. Is this plastic something different than other vehicles?
No, it looks like the plastic is permanently scuffed.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
I've been able to get them out with a wet cloth. If that didn't work for you, try Armorall cleaning wipes, it gives a nice shine too.

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it looks like the plastic is permanently scuffed.
Man....That is not cool at all...I'll speak to the dealer and see if they have any sort of suggestions...I'll post back whenever I speak with them. It's not like we're kicking the doors with force. There's no way they should be permanently like that..

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been able to get them out with a wet cloth. If that didn't work for you, try Armorall cleaning wipes, it gives a nice shine too.
Thanks for the tip. They stay permanently gone just with a wet cloth? I'm hoping this is the case...It wouldn't make much sense to have a material there that would stay scuffed....

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. They stay permanently gone just with a wet cloth? I'm hoping this is the case...It wouldn't make much sense to have a material there that would stay scuffed....
It sure does get messy, but same issue with my other vehicle as well. I got the car washed this weekend, wiped down in/out and scuff marks were gone permanently...

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that if you touch the inside door panel with your shoe/boot, it easily scuffs the black plastic? I've tried wiping it, and it looks permanent. I've had many cars, and I don't ever remember permanently scuffing the plastic on the doors.

Has anyone else had this issue and figured out a way to rectify this?
Same here. My shoe regularly hits the bottom of the door near the speaker when I get out of the vehicle and it is scuffing easily. I have not tried to remove the scuffs yet.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Meguiar's Ultimate Interior detail does a perfect job of getting rid of those marks. They're so visible because they're matte against a somewhat shiny background. The spray restores a shiny background to everything. Wouldn't recommend for the dash or rest of door as it may become a bit distracting (it's fairly shiny, as the product claims), but is perfect for this use.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have had the same issue. My '303 Aerospace Protectant' made it go away in a snap. Can be used on so many surfaces, including dash, without that oily feel.

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have had the same issue. My '303 Aerospace Protectant' made it go away in a snap. Can be used on so many surfaces, including dash, without that oily feel.
I'm looking for non-oily. I'll get some from Amazon and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking for non-oily. I'll get some from Amazon and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion.
Not sure where you are in Canada. The WeatherTech location in Burlingon stocks the complete 303 line. I've only used their Aerospace Protectant.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I have to jump in and say I've used the 303 products for various things over the years, and they are great. I can't get them in stores around here, so I buy online.