Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)?

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
Well my rear bumper gap is kinda crooked. I guess i can bother my dealer to reinstall bumper when i go in for an oil change.
Sponsored

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Here you go.

Looks like I took it in a month or so after, with 2.2K kms on it. Had no hassle getting the door repaired -- you can see it was sublet to a bodyshop, claimed under Warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)? {filename}
Thanks again. Much appreciated

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Well my rear bumper gap is kinda crooked. I guess i can bother my dealer to reinstall bumper when i go in for an oil change.
Be careful of Honda's quick fix. It's called "It's the characteristics of the vehicle". Once they say that to you, you have no say in it anymore. You are Honda's bitch now. Trust me.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There hence lies my doubts.

Honda (and to an extent the dealer) is inherently wanting to make the customer happy, unless they are being unreasonable.

My door was fixed without issue because I approached them politely. I brought my car in a week after I took delivery, told them my door was misaligned, and then showed them another car they had on the lot. Both my salesman and service advisor then agreed, and problem was fixed. Had I shown up and stormed in the front door shouting and cursing, it would probably have gone differently.

I donno if you're just incredibly angry all the time because your new car has ruined your life, or if you're just generally unpleasant in real life as well, but the way you're acting here isn't helping your credibility.

I'll post my service sheet when I get home and find it.
You don't understand. I went into my dealer very nice and was asking to have my car's 20 deficiencies to be rectified. Once Honda knew they were dealing with an expensive (warranty costs) lemon, they decided to repair my car using nothing but an excuse called "It's just the characteristics of the car" (aka. "it is what it is now fuck off"). They fixed your door with tools and labor but they fixed mine using an excuse instead right? And you are convinced that I was born a grouch? Come on brother. Who started what first? Come on Honda....give me a little more respect than that (fixing my car with cowardly excuses) . Especially after you defrauded (sold me a ripe lemon) me out of $30K.

Last edited:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go.

Looks like I took it in a month or so after, with 2.2K kms on it. Had no hassle getting the door repaired -- you can see it was sublet to a bodyshop, claimed under Warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)? {filename}
You don't understand. I went into my dealer very nice and was asking to have my car's 20 deficiencies to be rectified. Once Honda knew they were dealing with an expensive (warranty costs) lemon, they decided to repair my car using nothing but an excuse called "It's just the characteristics of the car" (aka. "it is what it is now fuck off"). They fixed your door with tools and labor but they fixed mine using an excuse instead right? And you are convinced that I was born a grouch? Come on brother. Who started what first? Come on Honda....give me a little more respect than that (fixing my car with cowardly excuses) . Especially after you defrauded (sold me a ripe lemon) me out of $30K.
I'm usually cool and collected with warranty issues. Let's face it, shit happens. A lot of it happened in the beginning, and my dealership was great about it. But then I started to have more issues, and I noticed my dealer started to put me on the back burner. When I get annoyed with someone, I'm not afraid to say anything, and I feel like when I ask for my issues to be fixed that I'm not coming across as unreasonable. I bought a $30K Civic, and unfortunately, they screwed me, since now they won't acknowledge my issues, except for just saying "that's normal".

So sadly, I'm thinking of parting ways with it after almost 6 months. I'm going to take a 10K hit after trade in but I can get that paid down in no time. And this is the last car I will be buying new, that's for sure.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
This is my rear passenger driver's side door. I know when you hit a bump larger than normal, it clicks in the opening from the latch. It is not aligned by means.

Anyone have this aligned OK, or is this the best it can be. It is in the closed position in this image.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)? IMG_0209.JPG

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This is my rear passenger driver's side door. I know when you hit a bump larger than normal, it clicks in the opening from the latch. It is not aligned by means.

Anyone have this aligned OK, or is this the best it can be. It is in the closed position in this image.

Mine exactly like that on the opposite side. The rear of the door looks to be too high correct? Most easily seen in your pic by the top black trim piece being too high on the door?

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Mine exactly like that on the opposite side. The rear of the door looks to be too high correct? Most easily seen in your pic by the top black trim piece being too high on the door?
Yeah, that is what it looks like. Yes. I still feel it still out just a tad, could be better.

MarcOTT

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey - Civic - CRV
Country flag
the area depicted by arrow was raised about 1/4" Honda notified. Dealer reluctant (and I agree) to remove bumper. Dealer has physically pressed area down, so far holding.
I had the same issue with my 17 EX (assembled 2/17), insecure fastening of clip below driver's side light assembly, permitted bumper cover corner to protrude outward about 1/4". Also, rear passenger C pillar inside trim wasn't fastened along window. Not worth bringing to dealers attention.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I had the same issue with my 17 EX (assembled 2/17), insecure fastening of clip below driver's side light assembly, permitted bumper cover corner to protrude outward about 1/4". Also, rear passenger C pillar inside trim wasn't fastened along window. Not worth bringing to dealers attention.
Ya I was pretty annoyed at the small things here and there as it was my first Brand New car. (Kinda liked my used car days lol), but realized taking it back to the dealership may F-it up even more. lol..th

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'd argue that you should bring any and all issues to the dealer so that there's data that shows that cars are being produced poorly.

This is what happens at American Honda Motors HQ:

Alice: For the next civic, what % of our resources should we spend on fit-n-finish?
Bob: I've heard some complaints on some forums.
Alice: Anecdotes != Data, Bob! I've told you that.
Eve: I've got data! No one's reporting any problems. Therefore all our cars must be manufactured perfectly!
Alice: Great, we can cut on fit-n-finish further, and raise our overall profitability!

<high fives all around>

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I don't have any issues with mine.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I'd argue that you should bring any and all issues to the dealer so that there's data that shows that cars are being produced poorly.

This is what happens at American Honda Motors HQ:

Alice: For the next civic, what % of our resources should we spend on fit-n-finish?
Bob: I've heard some complaints on some forums.
Alice: Anecdotes != Data, Bob! I've told you that.
Eve: I've got data! No one's reporting any problems. Therefore all our cars must be manufactured perfectly!
Alice: Great, we can cut on fit-n-finish further, and raise our overall profitability!

<high fives all around>
Well my issue may be my ocd kicking in but it is the plastic side moulding paint not really matching too well with the body colour. I know if I take it to the dealership they'll just tell me cuz its plastic part its different. And the frontfender not aligning every so slightly. But good to note about giving them data thanks!

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Honda Civic 10th gen Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)? 19549476_10158809705390543_1306260579_o
Sponsored