CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
better to have these problems occur now while your under warranty rather than years down the road when you aren't covered. they will take care of you :thumbsup: and if not whoop some ass

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Yeah it's cool that you have that ability. However, it's not cool to just ignore the fact that the car could have a potential issue.
I'm not ignoring it.

I don't think its a game changer though.

It's probably a software or sensor issue, they'll fix it under warranty and all will be good.

If it was like Subaru's that eat bearings or head gaskets every couple oil changes, I'd be more concerned.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I'm not ignoring it.

I don't think its a game changer though.

It's probably a software or sensor issue, they'll fix it under warranty and all will be good.

If it was like Subaru's that eat bearings or head gaskets every couple oil changes, I'd be more concerned.
it could be worse i guess, popping out of gears like the 06-08 si, or automatic transmission failing in pretty much every v6 in every honda made before 2005, or engine blowing virtually every race withe their f1 engine.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it could be worse i guess, popping out of gears like the 06-08 si, or automatic transmission failing in pretty much every v6 in every honda made before 2005, or engine blowing virtually every race withe their f1 engine.
The first two occurred over a long period of time tho, not under 100 miles.

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
I have not experienced this issue yet but I will keep an eye out for anything odd. I have 220 miles on my CTR so far and will have many more by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for sharing this information!

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2007 Honda Civic Si
I have this same issue at 600 miles, and I just dropped off at the dealer this morning. I'll let everyone know what the issue was once it's all fixed

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the dealer has resolved the issue with my CTR as well...and the issue was the same as above. They ordered a whole new Engine Room Wiring Harness. Unfortunate that it is going to take so long, but glad they found the issue and nothing was seriously wrong.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Do they know what was wrong with the old wiring?

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they know what was wrong with the old wiring?
One of the wires (not sure which one, I'll ask when I pick it up after repair) was very loose and one light pull on that particular wire and it came right out of the harness.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
So the dealer has resolved the issue with my CTR as well...and the issue was the same as above. They ordered a whole new Engine Room Wiring Harness. Unfortunate that it is going to take so long, but glad they found the issue and nothing was seriously wrong.

seems like a bad production batch, more than a few review cars were affected also. Guess I'll just wait for later model. Who knows how long the wiring is backordered.

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seems like a bad production batch, more than a few review cars were affected also. Guess I'll just wait for later model. Who knows how long the wiring is backordered.
I was told mine would be fixed by end of week, early next week at the latest

Cpt-GargameL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type-R
I too had this issue and only after 2 days of driving. Took into Honda, they got on the phone with Honda technical support and were able to fix the issue by cutting two of the wires (solenoid) Honda had apparently zip tied them and it was causing the wires to rub on each other and eventually making them engage/disengage with the harness so the mechanic just cut them shorter and soldered it to eliminate the problem.

While they were trying to figure out what was wrong with my car they confirmed with another Honda dealership that another TypeR had the same problem.

Seems like an oversight by Honda and zip tying the wires was a cheap / lazy route.
Sponsored