STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
To clarify, Metra includes the ASCW-1 harness in their standard harness for the Civic radio so it is just plug and play. Stupid me wired an additional ASCW-1 harness into it before I realized that they had already done the work for me. :doh:
Per the Metra website, the ASCW-1 is sold separately. It is pre-wired, but definitely doesn't come with it.
http://metraonline.com/part/70-1731
Sponsored

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Has anyone put this in a 2017 Civic Sport? I would have assumed the behavior would have been just like the LX, but I can't get mine to work. I followed the instructions and the behavior seems right, but the only button that works is the call hang up button and it performs volume down on my Kenwood.

I updated the firmware and nothing changed. Crutchfield told me it was likely faulty so they shipped a new one. I decided to skip the firmware update, and thus far, the behavior is exactly the same.

I am going to try my hand at manually programming next, but if anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it!

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Has anyone put this in a 2017 Civic Sport? I would have assumed the behavior would have been just like the LX, but I can't get mine to work. I followed the instructions and the behavior seems right, but the only button that works is the call hang up button and it performs volume down on my Kenwood.

I updated the firmware and nothing changed. Crutchfield told me it was likely faulty so they shipped a new one. I decided to skip the firmware update, and thus far, the behavior is exactly the same.

I am going to try my hand at manually programming next, but if anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it!
It sounds faulty to me. Mine auto programmed the first time but I have a Pioneer. I've done it manually in other cars and it really isn't that hard unless you mess up the order of buttons.

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is for a Sport model, which is the same as an LX.

OK, so I figured out that I shouldn't have been using the reprogramming buttons instructions, but the Manual Programming Mode. It is Pages 19, 20 and 21 of this manual:https://metra-static.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/ASWC-INST10.pdf

One run through that and it worked perfectly.

When I was on the phone with them, he did give me one warning. He said that somewhere along the line they made a change (fixed a screw up?) on the prewired harness (70-1731). He said that some of them were wired reverse and you have to swap the wires. Mine was not.

Check these wires that come out of the ASWC-1 and see where they go on the part that plugs into the car. The Grey wire with the Red stripe should land next to the black wire on the 1731 plug. The White wire with the Green stripe should land next to the Purple wire with the black stripe. If they are reversed, cut the wires somewhere a few inches down and reverse them.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
with the metra harness are we able to keep the factory back up camera and illumination dimming features? I've read thru a few topics and seems like some guys had to splice in the reverse lamps for signal for back up camera and illumination feature. I wanna change out the basic radio but want to retain all the factory options. please help haha

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
with the metra harness are we able to keep the factory back up camera and illumination dimming features? I've read thru a few topics and seems like some guys had to splice in the reverse lamps for signal for back up camera and illumination feature. I wanna change out the basic radio but want to retain all the factory options. please help haha
Yes. This thread even shows how to use the factory mic for the bluetooth: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-lx-kenwood-audio-receiver-install.4054/

And follow vonlaser's tips on the illumination and reverse wire (this turns the screen to the camera view when shifting into reverse): http://www.civicx.com/threads/oem-microphone-with-aftermarket-radio.10998/page-2

I just did this install with a Kenwood DDX594 into a Civic Sport (along with some amps and new speakers all around). I would have never wanted to run a wire all the way to the reverse lights. vonlaser saved the day!

jnsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX Coupe
For those that installed the steering wheel controls.. the place i took it too had trouble getting it to program.. so the buttons will make sounds but the keys dont match up to where they should.. I'm assuming they tried to manual program. is there some trick to this or know where i can take it to get this done?? Live in VA and have lx coupe 2016

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The manual program works. I would call the number on the instructions. They walked me right through it. I later did find the proper instructions in the manual, but I feel like one or two steps were slightly different.
Mine has worked fine since programming it.

For those that installed the steering wheel controls.. the place i took it too had trouble getting it to program.. so the buttons will make sounds but the keys dont match up to where they should.. I'm assuming they tried to manual program. is there some trick to this or know where i can take it to get this done?? Live in VA and have lx coupe 2016

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make sure your ASCW-1 is up to date. I intially tried used an older version from my old car and it was not compatible.

jnsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX Coupe
The installer said he updated firmware to latest one. Bought the acsw-1 from best buy. Tomorrow i'll see if i can try to manually program it myself. thanks for the input so far!! I remember reading in some other thread other installers had some issues so was hoping there was some little fix to do. Having no volume controls on the steering wheel is poopy so far haha.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The installer said he updated firmware to latest one. Bought the acsw-1 from best buy. Tomorrow i'll see if i can try to manually program it myself. thanks for the input so far!! I remember reading in some other thread other installers had some issues so was hoping there was some little fix to do. Having no volume controls on the steering wheel is poopy so far haha.
FYI updated firmware does not necessarily mean the unit itself is up to date. Metra can help you confirm it has not been sitting around at Best Buy too long.

OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
FYI updated firmware does not necessarily mean the unit itself is up to date. Metra can help you confirm it has not been sitting around at Best Buy too long.
I think my unit may be old (maybe from 2010 because the booklet that came with it only lists cars up to 2010). I tried updating firmware to no avail (wont read on my laptop). Am i screwed to need a new one? lol why me?
Sponsored