My radio/display is broken already? (No sound issue for civic touring)

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Had the no sound issue again. Made a call via bluetooth and got my sound back. So workaround works...and it's quick. Before we had to wait for a couple of hours with the car in the off state. lol...so the software fix or the amp replacement did something...
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Perhaps there are multiple problems that exhibit as no sound…

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had my Touring into Kingsway Honda in Vancouver yesterday, primarily to deal with the surging at highway speeds some of us are experiencing, and I also asked them about a fix for the infotainment issues.

They contacted Honda Canada, who said they were "working on a software update" for the infotainment issues. The service guys said to check back with them, which I'll do next week, and I'll post any developments here.
As of today (Jan 26), I'm not aware of any dealers in Canada that have the software fix. I'm thinking about just getting the amp replaced. They can check the rain sensing wipers and surging issues at the same time. Will let you know how it goes.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Didn't want to wait any longer for the software fix to be released in Canada. Dealer replaced my amp yesterday. Easy peasy. New amp, with current software. The biggest difference, other than the fact that the no audio issue has gone away, is that the radio comes on as soon as I start the car. Before, it would take up to 20 seconds for the audio to come on. Don't know why I waited so long!

berns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Didn't want to wait any longer for the software fix to be released in Canada. Dealer replaced my amp yesterday. Easy peasy. New amp, with current software. The biggest difference, other than the fact that the no audio issue has gone away, is that the radio comes on as soon as I start the car. Before, it would take up to 20 seconds for the audio to come on. Don't know why I waited so long!
Yay for sound!!!

Greg I

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
An update for those interested- got the 16-001 software update last Saturday 1/23. Visit took 30 mins total. Had a frozen clock display on main screen, immediately after the update (which was something new) and so I did a factory restart. This time the factory restart took 5 mins, not the usual 1. After that, since last Saturday afternoon, I've experienced zero glitches of any kind. In conclusion, the software update fixed my audio issues completely.

If anything else happens I'll post about it but until then, signing off. Thanks.

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
I got 15-001 update via USB last Friday, so it's been exactly one week. No issues since. Have NOT done factory reset yet, as I have no reason to do so at the moment...

pws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Finally got my car back after 3 days in the dealership. Software update didn't work as previously reported. Dealership ran all kind of diagnositcs with Honda for a few days. At the end, they replaced the amp, then it works.
Had the car back for two days, so far so good. My suggestion would be - don't bother with software updates, just ask for a new amp. They should just put in a new amp for consumer and run the diagnostics all they want in their factory or research lab... don't waste our time using our car to do their research.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
The weird thing is they told me when they replaced my amp, that it was with the exactly same one...

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Don't know if there is evidence that the different firmware load changes the part number in the parts system.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The weird thing is they told me when they replaced my amp, that it was with the exactly same one...
It's probably the same amp, but with updated firmware. I doubt we'll ever know if there was also a hardware issue with the first batch of amps. Some have reported issues after the software fix, but it's hard to tell if the software fix wasn't completed or if the hardware was to blame. Best thing, keep going back to the dealer until it's all working to your satisfaction.

Last edited:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Finally got my car back after 3 days in the dealership. Software update didn't work as previously reported. Dealership ran all kind of diagnositcs with Honda for a few days. At the end, they replaced the amp, then it works.
Had the car back for two days, so far so good. My suggestion would be - don't bother with software updates, just ask for a new amp. They should just put in a new amp for consumer and run the diagnostics all they want in their factory or research lab... don't waste our time using our car to do their research.
Thanks for the info. I'd offer the same advice. Mind you, that's pretty much your only option at this point if you live in Canada.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
It has been one week since I had the 16-001 update applied. I gave up every trick I had used to get me 90% usage of the radio and have had zero glitches since. Everything works just as it would have been expected when I first bought the car.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It has been one week since I had the 16-001 update applied. I gave up every trick I had used to get me 90% usage of the radio and have had zero glitches since. Everything works just as it would have been expected when I first bought the car.
Cool. Do you also find that the audio is coming through a lot faster than before? Like almost immediately after starting the car?

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4
Finally got the car back this week. My wife was in Florida with it and had an injury, so after surgery and 2 weeks of recovery I flew down and drove the car back. The audio worked perfect every time after the 16-001 fix. NO issues at all with anything related to the audio system, before the patch it rarely worked. The only real issue I had is the GPS seems to take a long time to "find" where I am, often the GPS shows me driving through fields, the ocean and other places before it eventually "finds" the right road and then I'm good to go. My wife used it after the patch was applied (to get to Florida) and the GPS showed her in the atlantic ocean most of the time. She gave up on teh GPS and used apple car play which worked great. The next day the GPS seemed fine. Not related but I really liked the ACC and Lane Keeping, pretty amazing technology.
Sponsored