Screen protector

broon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership took the thing off mine before it was delivered to me :(
lol i made a special note for the dealership to not remove the film. my wife has a thing about peeling those things, and that was the mother of all protective films.
Sponsored

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
the MXO is great, makes the screen look sharp and is buttery smooth to the touch, no issues yet. i havent really had any problems with glare so far.
I had an extra screen protector from my old Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch screen) that actually works pretty well for the Civic's screen. Only $8.

https://tinyurl.com/jj2cnvd

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Hows the screen protectors holding up for you guys in summer heat? I got a tempered glass one on eBay and after a couple days in Toronto heat it completely destroyed the adhesive coating.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hows the screen protectors holding up for you guys in summer heat? I got a tempered glass one on eBay and after a couple days in Toronto heat it completely destroyed the adhesive coating.
almost had my photodon screen protector for a year now. getting 96+ degrees here. and it still looks as good as the day i installed it :)

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
almost had my photodon screen protector for a year now. getting 96+ degrees here. and it still looks as good as the day i installed it :)
Thanks.

Man shipping is so expensive for a piece of plastic to Canada from Photodon lol... going to attempt some cheap plastic ones from eBay first. The glass one was super nice but it's a bummer the heat killed the adhesive. It wasn't even the side that contacts the screen but the side that contacts the glass.

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine from Photodon as well. It's been a year now and still in perfect condition. It is summer season here in Dubai and we are getting 48-50 deg celcius (118+ fah). :thumbsup:

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks.

Man shipping is so expensive for a piece of plastic to Canada from Photodon lol... going to attempt some cheap plastic ones from eBay first. The glass one was super nice but it's a bummer the heat killed the adhesive. It wasn't even the side that contacts the screen but the side that contacts the glass.
Yea shipping is bogus, I've definitely felt what you're going through. I must say that though...my Photodon looks as good as the first day I put it on, even with the Toronto heat.

Honda4LifeAU

Number 1 Honda Fan from Australia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD K20, Jazz GE
I got quoted $50USD+ to ship to Australia.
I ended up using a freight forwarder, which cost me $15USD
Photodon need to review their shipping. Its crazy!

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Well if anyone is doing a group by for Photodon in GTA let me know. I'd be interested in splitting the shipping costs!

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Well if anyone is doing a group by for Photodon in GTA let me know. I'd be interested in splitting the shipping costs!
Nahh. Ebay has Civic 16/17 tempered glass screen protectors for $14 shipped. Plastic screen protectors are 2 for $3 shipped. I think the time has passed for this arse-raping from Photodon (they should be ashamed).

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Nahh. Ebay has Civic 16/17 tempered glass screen protectors for $14 shipped. Plastic screen protectors are 2 for $3 shipped. I think the time has passed for this arse-raping from Photodon (they should be ashamed).
The tempered glass one I got from eBay got destroyed by the summer heat, which is why I'm considering the ones from Photodon. Price is ridiculous... But if it lasts its worth it. I have an order for a tempered glass one from aliexpress hopefully this one can handle the heat.

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
The tempered glass one I got from eBay got destroyed by the summer heat, which is why I'm considering the ones from Photodon. Price is ridiculous... But if it lasts its worth it. I have an order for a tempered glass one from aliexpress hopefully this one can handle the heat.
What happened to the glass one? Did the adhesive fail?

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
What happened to the glass one? Did the adhesive fail?
Yup. It used a film adhesive between the screen and the tempered glass. Tons of mini bubbles formed on the side that was on the glass or something and made it look like crap. I should've took a picture. It looked like it was peeling but it wasn't really. You just couldn't get rid of the small bubbles once it formed, its as if the adhesive was melting.
Sponsored