How often are you having to reboot and what for??

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
When I first bought the car I didn't have to reboot for several weeks. Now it seems about every 2-3 days. Some symptoms are time is out of sync with time on main console by steering wheel, Screen will flicker on and off every 2-3 minutes, lost Bluetooth connection to phone.

This is getting a little old and although I love the car in light of these problems I would have not purchased. I have an EX-L with Navigation. I'm planning on scheduling service at my Honda Dealer soon. Sure getting tired of this.

How often is everyone else having to reboot and what for?
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Noting your location, if you find a helpful dealer, I'd love to hear about it. Dayton area here.

I'm not rebooting more than once a week for the past week or two. I ignore the maintenance minder - it always says I need an oil change. I don't use android auto or car play, either. I don't want to "overstress" the tablet by asking it to do what it promises.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Zero reboots. After 6 weeks of ownership I have not experienced any infotainment issues. I really hope everyone with problems out there gets them fixed soon-- a reliable infotainment experience does exist for this car! (or maybe my time just hasn't come yet...)

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
1 reboot when I first got the car for a "check receiver" message on XM. Since then, nothing.

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
I'm having to reboot at least once a week due to losing Bluetooth connectivity to my phone. Weird though cause it will play music thru Bluetooth but if I go to make a call it will tell me no phone connected. Once I reboot all is connected again

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rebooted it the first day I got the car just to be able to do it. Haven't done it since. Well over a month now.

DaveRN94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/sensing
When I first bought the car I didn't have to reboot for several weeks. Now it seems about every 2-3 days. Some symptoms are time is out of sync with time on main console by steering wheel, Screen will flicker on and off every 2-3 minutes, lost Bluetooth connection to phone.

This is getting a little old and although I love the car in light of these problems I would have not purchased. I have an EX-L with Navigation. I'm planning on scheduling service at my Honda Dealer soon. Sure getting tired of this.

How often is everyone else having to reboot and what for?
Bought my 2016 Civic EX on Dec 3rd, and I have had to reboot more than a dozen times!!!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Typically about once a week. Once the time on head unit freezes, I know I'm due for a reboot.

I'll just treat it like a maintenance item /s

Ed Zamboni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T (Picking up FRiday)
What all is involved in re-booting? Im assuming it's not just turning the car on and off. The only glitch so far after a week of ownership was a one-time occurance of the Lanewatch camera knocking out CarPlay.

DaveRN94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What all is involved in re-booting? Im assuming it's not just turning the car on and off. The only glitch so far after a week of ownership was a one-time occurrence of the Lanewatch camera knocking out CarPlay.
Although, I originally did a full factory data reset, by going to settings>system>Factory Data Reset, which takes 5 minutes and uppairs any phones that you may have paired, a reboot does much the same WITHOUT unpairing your phone.

When your Head Unit (HU), or what is often called the infotainment unit of your Civic, doesn't function normally or your already paired cell phone WILL NOT connect via Bluetooth, a reboot rectifies those kinds of problems. You simply press and hold the Audio ON/OFF power for a few seconds until a screen comes up asking if you want to reboot (YES or NO). If you choose yes, the HU, simply reboots, which takes a minute or two. The reboot is way faster and doesn't unpair your cell phones.

DaveRN94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having to reboot at least once a week due to losing Bluetooth connectivity to my phone. Weird though cause it will play music thru Bluetooth but if I go to make a call it will tell me no phone connected. Once I reboot all is connected again
Sounds way too familiar.