Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The first media driving reviews and impressions of the 2017 Civic Type R have just been released and the feedback has been overwhelmingly stellar so far.

Top Gear UK calls it "the new hot hatch king" saying the new Civic Type R is "fast, has electrifying turn-in, superb mid-corner balance and adjustability, and is wonderfully stable under high speed braking."

We're compiling all of the press reviews for your reading pleasure so click through for all the Type R goodness:
Sponsored

Last edited:

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Not surprised. Eager to read comparison test reviews to see how it well it does against the focus RS and cla 45

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Sigh.

Sounds like exactly what I wished my EP3 could be.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Inside Lane video was pointing out that Europe and/or England had 2 trims of the CTR. The touring being the pricier of the two, and the cost being another 2 thousand english pounds. Total guess of course, but I imagine if we do get a more bare bones CTR trim, that might translate to anywhere from US$2k to US$5k less than what we already have. A US$30k CTR with less amenities looks very attractive to me.

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
The Inside Lane video was pointing out that Europe and/or England had 2 trims of the CTR. The touring being the pricier of the two, and the cost being another 2 thousand english pounds. Total guess of course, but I imagine if we do get a more bare bones CTR trim, that might translate to anywhere from US$2k to US$5k less than what we already have. A US$30k CTR with less amenities looks very attractive to me.

how likely do you think a 29,900 base CTR is?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Not surprised. Eager to read comparison test reviews to see how it well it does against the focus RS and cla 45
I cant wait either.
Will sit and enjoy how the internet will revolt when the CTR walks away on roll races with little effort like the previous generation already does.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
This is what I would be interested in. Just need the basics. Even a CTR sport with nothing but the basics is fine for me. Will still daily my EXT or be too busy driving to be distracted by anything else lol

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Great thread idea! It'll be going crazy at 9pm PST!!

EDIT: Crap. I was thinking that was tonight. Is it tomorrow night?

Last edited:

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think its entirely possible it could come out at that price and likely, but of course it's going to be speculation until info gets released.

the difference between a sport hatch and sport touring hatch (21k vs 28k) is around 7k. difference between those two trims, as I understand, are just options and not the drive train, chassis, and suspension bits.

Another thing to consider is what are competitors offering. Looking at the Sti for example, the difference between a base Sti and the Sti limited is just around $5k give or take, also because of options that have little to do with performance.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
You'll be lucky to get one at MSRP....probably have to pay a additional "market adjustment" :doh:
Sponsored