Turbo Upgrade Sneak Peek

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But then if something major were to break in the motor and they decided to send out the ECU for testing and they saw that it had been reflashed then you would probably be on the hook for repairs there. Good luck defending yourself against that.
Sponsored

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But then if something major were to break in the motor and they decided to send out the ECU for testing and they saw that it had been reflashed then you would probably be on the hook for repairs there. Good luck defending yourself against that.
I disagree. The ECU will show a tick for silly things, like the battery dying, et cetera. Honda would have the burden of proof for denying your warranty.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All they would really have to pull out of their ass was that you modified the factory code, and thereby you are at fault for any failures after the fact. It has already been mentioned that they can send the ECU out to the manufacturer and read what has been done there. Honda itself can only read the minimum from the ECU.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If the mod breaks the car, the warranty is void, but if you flash the car and the starter goes bad they can't deny you. You can always flash back to stock when you take it in. The stock flash is exactly whats on the car when you bought it. And 99% of the time your dealer wont even know or go looking for it.
Are you sure? I heard that they'd see a flag when connecting to the car, like their program would say "ecu modified" or something to that effect, either way it's not worth the risk.

Although what you said is true. It's like if I install my full stereo and something goes wrong with the transmission they can't void it then.

That said, I don't know where you are but here in Canada we don't have lemon laws, and the laws are there to protect the company, not the customer. I had a massive problem with my last vehicle and OMVIC basically said there's nothing they could do.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
from what I remember a flash shows up like an update to the ECU honda would run if they had a service bulletin to update the software. When they did the ebrake update that shows up just like a reflash from Hondata. I believe HOndata debunked the myth that you can see how many times an ecu has been flashed, @Hondata

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
from what I remember a flash shows up like an update to the ECU honda would run if they had a service bulletin to update the software. When they did the ebrake update that shows up just like a reflash from Hondata. I believe HOndata debunked the myth that you can see how many times an ecu has been flashed, @Hondata
Wether it's true or not (I don't know) I've heard it sets a flag if you flash it and it's not done by Honda.

Kind of like how an android phone does it where once rooted, on newer phones at least, the service mode screen will show a warning that it's been flashed. I think it's called an eFuse that blows if you flash it with non-official firmware. Then again I could be wrong about the fuse thing but I know it does something and there's no longer a way of hiding the fact.

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think prl was looking at turbo upgrade and instead chose to offer the larger turbo from the crv, as is on the si. So this one would likely be better than that stock honda part.
And if so, hopefully will also work on the si, though with vit's blog post from his test si, the clutch issue looks to still be the weak link at the moment.

Hopefully the replacement clutch he has lined up will really open up the possibilities, as I'm really hoping to have the cash together to trade my ext up, even if I'll really miss the radar cruise control on my long commute on the cvt model. (almost 120mi round trip ug)

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think prl was looking at turbo upgrade and instead chose to offer the larger turbo from the crv, as is on the si. So this one would likely be better than that stock honda part.
And if so, hopefully will also work on the si, though with vit's blog post from his test si, the clutch issue looks to still be the weak link at the moment.

Hopefully the replacement clutch he has lined up will really open up the possibilities, as I'm really hoping to have the cash together to trade my ext up, even if I'll really miss the radar cruise control on my long commute on the cvt model. (almost 120mi round trip ug)
so the crv and the si have the same turbo? I thought the si had basically the same turbo as the other civics, but had fewer veins (9 vs 11 maybe?)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so the crv and the si have the same turbo? I thought the si had basically the same turbo as the other civics, but had fewer veins (9 vs 11 maybe?)
The CRV and Si turbo are the same. They are both similar to the "normal" Civic turbo but does have a different number of blades on one of the wheels allowing it to flow a little better at the top end.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Clutch Masters have already made a Clutch for the 1.5T ( special order item and you supply parts )... the only catch to it is you have to send them in a new Pressure Plate and new Disk.. which is about $190 for both items currently and they will modify the PP to either hold 70% more torque or 110% more torque.. now as far as the clutch disc material I think they can go up to a FX350 for the disc options. They offer this service for about $310 so you looking at $500 for a clutch set up for this car... now until something else comes up and other makers start producing stuff for this motor our option are currently limited ....also ACT doesn't have any plans for this platform yet .. and with their track record on the K series .. I would stay far away!:eek:
Sponsored