Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is a real power gain, but it is not 29 hp. It will depend on the boost level you're running. I think it is likely around a 8-10 hp gain on average. This is from testing done on the manual transmission.
Is this safe to run with Hondata's 9 PSI basemap? I noticed they have a basemap for injen + 6 PSI but not with the 9
Sponsored

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know where I can purchase the vibra mount for the injen SRI/CAI? Bought mine used from a board member, forgot to include it. Can't finish the install without it. Maybe one of the sponsored sellers have parts and can sell me one?

Hoping I can still obtain it from original owner...

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know where I can purchase the vibra mount for the injen SRI/CAI? Bought mine used from a board member, forgot to include it. Can't finish the install without it. Maybe one of the sponsored sellers have parts and can sell me one?

I'd work on getting it from the original owner, it should fit in an envelope and be relatively cheap to ship. I don't think anyone is parting them out.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I just wish Injen had more carefully dyno'd the CVT Civic they used so they didn't originally come up with a 29 hp gain.
That's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that they knew exactly what they were doing and chose the dyno runs that netted the greatest gains, validity be damned. It's not like this is the first time Injen has done this; if you look at the dyno sheets for their other applications, they're almost always greatly inflated. For example, they claim you can get a 28hp gain on a WRX, when many other unbiased dyno runs has proven that you will see a 0hp gain with an intake, even when tuned for it.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd work on getting it from the original owner, it should fit in an envelope and be relatively cheap to ship. I don't think anyone is parting them out.
Can anyone take a photo of the black mounting bracket which the vibramount connects to. There should be a part number engraved into it. Original owner doesn't have it. I'd like to call Injen and see if they can sell me the part. Need part number to reference.

Jnguyenz

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 RS
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone please tell me the fitment specifications for this injen air intake?

Jnguyenz

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 RS
Vehicle Showcase
It fits the 1.5t (L15B7), what exactly are you looking for?
oh sorry, nah i know it fits the l15b7 but i want to know the actual pipe diameter, length, etc... planning to make a custom one.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Great test, accounted for all variables (including hood being closed and increased boost levels). I don't think anyone can argue with the results.

Used a manual trans Civic too (our shop car!) for the most consistent dyno runs.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Performance worth the money.... no. Sound worth the money.... Maybe.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I lost mine and had to buy another one. Found it on amazon.

Isolation Vibration m6 Rubber Mount Replacement 6020 for Injen Cold Air Intake kit Shortram https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CWU4DTA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FUwpzb9SBCN0A

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Great test, accounted for all variables (including hood being closed and increased boost levels). I don't think anyone can argue with the results.

Used a manual trans Civic too (our shop car!) for the most consistent dyno runs.
I think it was nice getting them all tested but it definitely didn't account for hood being closed... I saw one of the CAI setups was assembled w/ the filter hovering in mid air above the bay (for ease of install I'm sure).

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I think it was nice getting them all tested but it definitely didn't account for hood being closed... I saw one of the CAI setups was assembled w/ the filter hovering in mid air above the bay (for ease of install I'm sure).
I was more referring to the tests on the short ram intake (hood being closed). The cold air intakes sticking out of the car will not make a difference power wise, since the fender/bumper area they normally draw air from will be the same temperature as the outside air.
Sponsored