PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More power to you, but id like to know what more performance-wise can be gained with an intake after getting a tune with these pipes? Also curious if you are interested in a future turbo upgrade.

for my situation, with the cvt , i think i am going to be maxed out on what can be extracted from the car with the pipes and a tune. Anything that would give me more torque down low and sooner, or greater fuel economy with either spirited or tame driving would still be on my radar. Even better id i can avoid running 93 octane.
i am, however, highly interested in PRL's CAI, as at first glance it appears to be the only full-length offering, and the one with the lest potential for heat-soak.

Does anyone know of there is a 3" exhaust system available, preferably that ends in dual exhaust that positions the ends the same as stock- tucked out of sight, that can be paired with these pipes to have full 3" exhaust from the engine on back? I've got the full assortment of body spoilers, so i rly like keeping the exhaust hidden.

Lastly (sorry for making this long), how have folks that did the install themselves kept the bolts on the turbo from shearing off? I'm planning on two treatments of PB Blaster, and using a 1/4" impact driver (impact, NOT pulse) that can deliver 650ft-lb of torque. Thoughts?
From what Ive read, doing a turbo upgrade to a bigger turbo can be done on the CVT bc it will actually make power higher up the RPM band so its safer for the CVT. The little turbo here spools so fast the tq comes on instantly and low where the CVT is most vulnerable. I think vit said his upgrade was going to be better than the SI/CRV turbo and CVT friendly as well
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well at about 100 miles later, as i was driving back from the track the CEL tripped. P0139 was the code i picked up from the flashpro. so look like its showing slow response from sensor or low flow. or i may have a exhaust leak and need to double check the seals. i may adjust the defouler all the way in on monday when i have time. i have cleared the codes for now with the flashpro.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well at about 100 miles later, as i was driving back from the track the CEL tripped. P0139 was the code i picked up from the flashpro. so look like its showing slow response from sensor or low flow. or i may have a exhaust leak and need to double check the seals. i may adjust the defouler all the way in on monday when i have time. i have cleared the codes for now with the flashpro.
Probably the defouler just not going to work. Same issue PRL had right

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just scrap the whole defouler idea and go Ktuner. Lol

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a question for anyone running Ktuner with the Downpipe

I turned off the catalyst efficiency code, but I'm still getting a CEL for an emissions system problem. Error code is U301 and I can't find anything helpful when I search for information on it.
Has anyone had this same error code, or does anyone know why I can't clear the code?

Did you ever figure it out?

U0301 would be "Software Incompatibility with ECM/PCM"

U series codes are computer networking codes

Make sure you are running the correct tune file for your engine/trans/PCM combo.

there are many variables as to why that code is being triggered (ie, last service, ECM was updated, but tune file wasn't updated and the computers aren't jiving on the same series software...)

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats the easy way out, wheres the fun in that, lol ;)
You get to spend more time in car enjoying the mods then worrying about how to patch up an error light. Lol.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i decided to work on the car again. finished earlier this morning and took it for a test drive. 1st replace the bolt i lost when i first installed the DP, now that rattle is gone. 2nd turn the defouler all the way in. 3rd inspect for leaks, and low and behold. 2 of the 3 bolts on my front pipe where loose. (guess i didnt torque them down enough and must of come loose while i was at the track) and exhaust was leaking. so i took that apart, reapplied some gasket sealant. since posting this i have driven about 83 miles so far with no CEL.

will keep everyone posted

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After tweaking the quick settings in Ktuner did a little 0-60 action in Mexico. Stage ll +PRL Downpipe/Midpipe + Afe Takeda CAI hooked up to stock muffler for some stealth action.

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Vehicle Showcase
Got my downpipe in the mail and tried installing today and ended up breaking off one of the turbo studs any advice? Should have taken it to a shop in the first place.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got my downpipe in the mail and tried installing today and ended up breaking off one of the turbo studs any advice? Should have taken it to a shop in the first place.
You should try spraying this stuff on the studs holding the down pipe on and let it sit over night.. then spray it again right before you take the hardware off and it should help out with getting the hardware off without breaking another one:thumbsup:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X fe17b4f2-1452-429e-b848-adea27b6b8bb_1.6e446418c53d46f5c975dede4f9c4712

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You should try spraying this stuff on the studs holding the down pipe on and let it sit over night.. then spray it again right before you take the hardware off and it should help out with getting the hardware off without breaking another one:thumbsup:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X fe17b4f2-1452-429e-b848-adea27b6b8bb_1.6e446418c53d46f5c975dede4f9c4712
At least I wasn't the only one to bust one of the bolts. Btw had to pull the turbo off and drill the F***ER out and re tape

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
At least I wasn't the only one to bust one of the bolts. Btw had to pull the turbo off and drill the F***ER out and re tape
Man you really snapped a stud off then!!
:cloud:

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was it removing the turbo? Im taking it to a shop tomorrow hope they can drill it with out taking it out.
Sponsored