Suspension Creaking When Turning Steering Wheel

mbrachlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hi everyone,

I apologize if I'm reposting an already discussed issue, this is my first post regarding a problem. I noticed the other day that when my car is on an incline or a decline and I turn the steering while stopped, there's a sort of creaking noise coming from what seems to be the front struts. However, the problem goes away immediately when the car begins to move. I brought the car into the dealer and they brushed it off saying they couldn't hear anything.

I'm wondering if this is normal when the struts are compressed, and if not, are other people having the same problem?? The dealers are really starting to drive me nuts with their constant response of "it's normal"/"we can't find any issue" when bringing the car in to get checked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I apologize if I'm reposting an already discussed issue, this is my first post regarding a problem. I noticed the other day that when my car is on an incline or a decline and I turn the steering while stopped, there's a sort of creaking noise coming from what seems to be the front struts. However, the problem goes away immediately when the car begins to move. I brought the car into the dealer and they brushed it off saying they couldn't hear anything.

I'm wondering if this is normal when the struts are compressed, and if not, are other people having the same problem?? The dealers are really starting to drive me nuts with their constant response of "it's normal"/"we can't find any issue" when bringing the car in to get checked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It is certainly easier to turn the wheels when the car is moving. All of the front suspensions parts are under a lot of strain when turning them when the car is stopped and could make noise. If it's not that loud, I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
mbrachlin

mbrachlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
It is certainly easier to turn the wheels when the car is moving. All of the front suspensions parts are under a lot of strain when turning them when the car is stopped and could make noise. If it's not that loud, I wouldn't worry about it.
Ok, thanks! It doesn't seem to be too bad, only when there's a lot of pressure on the struts.

OP
OP
mbrachlin

mbrachlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I took the car into the dealer and they did indeed confirm that there was some problem that's creating the creaking noise I've been hearing. However, they said since they couldn't hear it that well that they were not able to pinpoint where it's coming from and that I should bring it back when the noise gets worse. Any other ideas of what I should do??

OP
OP
mbrachlin

mbrachlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Go make it worst and bring it back in! :D
Haha, that's my intention! I'm getting really sick and tired of dealerships saying they either can't figure out the issue or that the issue doesn't exist.