PMM as first choice?

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643
My dealer is in SC, and Rep hinted at PMM to them. My original first choice was Red. But the PMM is growing on me (it was my second choice). The other colors all seem to have drawbacks.

The others seem to have plenty of seekers, even blue. But not so many PMM devotees. Who has a PMM confirmed and who wants a PMM. What drew you to that color?
Sponsored

Last edited:

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Who has a PMM confirmed and who wants a PMM. What drew you to that color?
I'm in the UK where we have a proper pre-order system with Honda themselves that lets you choose a color, and I went for PMM. I would probably be able to change it when the pre-order changes to an order, but I just like the appearance of PMM itself and I also think it will work well with the various black areas at the front and rear the car, so they will be visible as separate areas where they wouldn't be so much on a black car for example as they'd tend to blend in, but they will be a bit more subtle than they would be on a color such as CW where there would be a lot of contrast. I do really like the red too, but the blue would probably be my second choice as it's just such a gorgeous rich color.

Actually I think all the colors look good apart from the grey which really doesn't appeal to me, but if I was in the US and had to take a car in whatever color it happened to be then I'd definitely be ok with that as I could live with any color. In fact ISTR you don't actually get the grey there on the Type R, and a few people on here have mentioned getting grey ones which I believe will really be PMM, so there may be more people getting it than you might think.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I had a black Integra Type R and love black but didn't want the headaches with a black car. Prefer white but kinda of have the same felling as black with white because I'm OCD. Tar, bugs, rust from anything sticking on the paint etc so I decided to go PMM which worked out because that's what is being allocated to my dealer.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
My dealer is in SC, and Rep hinted at PMM to them. My original first choice was Red. But the PMM is growing on me (it was my second choice). The other colors all seen to have drawbacks.

The others seem to have plenty of seekers, even blue. But not so many PMM devotees. Who has a PMM confirmed and who wants a PMM. What drew you to that color?
PMM is a gray with pop, because it is a metallic just like a pearl, best color for contrast with black vents. The others like blue look cartoonish, and immature with the vents while still others have no pop like the white. Wait until you see it in your driveway, the PMM looks the best in a mature setting versus at the dealer's lot. It balances out the rest of the car, mainly the vents but also the black piano front and back, a dark tint and even the dark wheels, being a rare dark color since you have no other dark colors for the Civic except PMM. The black is too dark meaning same color as vents would also be hot in the interior id you are in a hot climate like I do. PMM is best color for '17 Civic's overall design elements and also happens to look good.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PMM was my first choice during my hunt for a 6MT Sport Hatch. I ended up with white due to limited availability. No complaints about white but I think PMM is a great color on the hatchback.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
I'm out here in AZ ,PMM was my first choice and I got it but I'm kind of feeling Blue way more.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
My dealer is in SC, and Rep hinted at PMM to them. My original first choice was Red. But the PMM is growing on me (it was my second choice). The other colors all seem to have drawbacks.

My first choice is Blue...freaking love that blue with red seats...like you, every color (including the PMM) as they were "leak" (trailer/Baltimore Port pics) grew on me...
It wasn't too many days after those pictures that I've decided any color would be ok...I also didn't want the color to get in the way of me owning a Type R.

anyways, I'm firmly PMM now...:nixon:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag

I'm in the same boat as far as colour choices. I was hard set on Red until I saw some of the pics of the PMM. Frankly, I would take either colour, if I could get it. Unfortunately here in Canada, they have only gone with White and Black for the first year at least. So, after waiting for a couple of years now for a CTR, it now looks like I will have to wait for at least another year in hopes that Honda Canada wakes up and adds MORE COLOR to the options up here!
Can't wait to see pics of both when people start to get them. Having to wait for another year without even knowing for certain that we are getting any other colours in Canada is killing me at the moment :oops: :confused: :rant:.

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as far as colour choices. I was hard set on Red until I saw some of the pics of the PMM. Frankly, I would take either colour, if I could get it. Unfortunately, here in Canada, they have only gone with White and Black for the first year at least. So, after waiting for a couple of years now for a CTR, it now looks like I will have to wait for at least another year in hopes that Honda Canada wakes up and adds MORE COLOR to the options up here!
Can't wait to see pics of both when people start to get them. Having to wait for another year without even knowing for certain that we are getting any other colours in Canada is killing me at the moment :oops: :confused: :rant:.
I feel your pain. I too love the PMM, it's a sober "adult" tone that balances out the shouty elements of the design really nicely but still has a nice pop.

Can I ask how you know that black and white are the only colours here? Has there been a Canadian press release?

Also, does anyone know if you can option black upholstery? Personally I find the all-red seats a bit over the top, although not a deal killer.

Last edited:

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel your pain. I too love the PMM, it's a sober "adult" tone that balances out the shouty elements of the design really nicely but still has a nice pop.

Can I ask how you know that black and white are the only colours here? Has there been a Canadian press release?

Also, does anyone know if you can option black upholstery? Personally I find the all-red seats a bit over the top, although not a deal killer.
blk/ red is the only interior color.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag

Thanks. The GM I've been working with for the last year recently confirmed on at least tow or three separate occasions that will only be white and black for now (according to his regional rep). Another local dealership also recently confirmed this. In the "Canadians who put down a deposit" thread you will see a couple of pics of the first batch of Canadian CTR's to arrive in Halifax and they are only black and white.
The black upholstery seat was only included on the last batch of special edition FK2 CTR's in UK. Definitely only red with black seats for now on the incoming FK8 CTR's.
Sponsored