First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
This is my biggest worry too... Vegas is obviously known for being super hot during the summer, which would be perfect for the summer tires..
It's hot where I am at 7 out of 12 months and I got the Hankook, pronounced Hangook cause the k is silent or whatever. Did I do good? They grip nice in this 90 degree days of pre-summer here. Would the contis been better for the long-run? Probably, wish I had the Contis tho.
Sponsored

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Oh yeah continental DWS06 have excellent grip wet, dry and cold. Lateral traction? Grip gets very vague and mushy so if you drive like grandma you can save a little money. If you like to have fun occasion pilot sport a/s3.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
While it's true that it doesn't rain very much here, when it does, it rains HARD like flood status.

I will definitely look into those Michelin UHP All Seasons once I wear my stock tires down in the future
So all season tires are basically for light snow where you're not quite sure if you want to switch to a dedicated set of winter tires or for if you have winter tires so you can wait a bit later in the year to change to winter tires.

In vegas I would go with summer tires. If you are worried about hydroplane resistance than just don't go all the way for EP tires. Summer tires have better wet traction than all season tires. Hydroplane resistance is more about thickness of tire and tread pattern. I would go with a summer tire of the appropriate price vs grip vs. longevity you want

Michelins in general give you a good blend of traction, comfort, noise, longevity but at the cost of $$$. If you are willing to sacrifice comfort and noise you can get much gripper tires for a lot less.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Guys, I got the Hankook and not the Firestones. Did I do well guys? They are real sticky and it's been 90 degrees out everyday.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I wouldn't want to drive on Summer tires in your area. I live in the south and opted for high performance all seasons since they have a little better ride and last a little longer than summer tires. I went with BFGoodrich Comp 2 A/S. Cost 98 dollars a piece and have really good reviews on Tirerack. This is on my 16 EXL.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
From the 2017 Civic Type R window sticker that appeared today...

"The unique high performance tires on this vehicle are not designed for winter driving. Suitable tires must be installed for driving on ice and snow. The tires on this vehicle will wear more rapidly than normal passenger car tires. Tire life may be less than 10,000 miles, depending on how you drive." :eek:

I guess if you're paying $35K or thousands or even tens of thousands or more for a Honda Civic that has the same horsepower as a Chevrolet Impala rental car, what's a $2,000 set of tires every 6-12 months? Suddenly, I'm glad my Si came with all-seasons. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire decisions? 2017-civic-type-r-sticker
Sponsored

Last edited: