SpaceKyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hey all,

I just got a call from my local dealer, who will be having their training for the new Civic on October 23rd. The sale of the car would begin a week or two after that. Thought I'd just pass the info along!
Sponsored

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Makes sense if true. Pricing released on Oct 19, then training a few days later, which is just in time for sales to begin a week or so after that. Thanks for sharing!

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
It'd be nice to have pricing sooner than a few weeks before it goes on sale. Why do companies do this? Competitive reasons? Build hype? I don't understand why not give buyers more time to plan... unless they are looking to actually surprise people with the price.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I don't think the MSRP is all that important to what you'll pay. More important is supply/demand. MSRP is just a guideline. If demand outstrips supply, you're not going to get your car for MSRP. Similarly, if supply is greater than demand, MSRP will be discounted till demand catches up.

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
I don't think the MSRP is all that important to what you'll pay. More important is supply/demand. MSRP is just a guideline. If demand outstrips supply, you're not going to get your car for MSRP. Similarly, if supply is greater than demand, MSRP will be discounted till demand catches up.
Definitely right. But the Civic's a high volume mass produced car if there ever was one so I doubt there'll be a steep ramp-up in production where you have just a few units per dealer in the very beginning that dealers are going to be able to price gouge on. If they were bringing the Type-R out as the first model then there'd definitely be low supply vs high demand.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Hey all,

I just got a call from my local dealer, who will be having their training for the new Civic on October 23rd. The sale of the car would begin a week or two after that. Thought I'd just pass the info along!
Hope he's right! Did he say sedans AND coupes, or just sedans? Can you ask him? If he says both then that'll tell us the coupe reveal is coming before Oct 23.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
It'd be nice to have pricing sooner than a few weeks before it goes on sale. Why do companies do this? Competitive reasons? Build hype? I don't understand why not give buyers more time to plan... unless they are looking to actually surprise people with the price.
Trying to sell as many 9th gens still left on dealer lots.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Hope he's right! Did he say sedans AND coupes, or just sedans? Can you ask him? If he says both then that'll tell us the coupe reveal is coming before Oct 23.
No word about an imminent coupe reveal so it'd surprise me if both sedans and coupes went on sale by end of October which is just like 3-4 weeks away.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I'm wondering when Honda will allow the automotive press to drive these new Civics. I'm dying to read about driving impressions from the likes of Car&Driver, Automobile, and Motor Trend.

Last edited:

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I'm wondering when Honda will allow the automotive press to drive these new Civics. I'm dying to read about driving impressions from the likes of Car&Driver, Automobile, and Motor Trend.
If the on sale date is late October - early Nov. then wouldn't Honda make sure press reviews are out before then? If so then the press drives must be taking place in the next 4-5 weeks.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Trying to sell as many 9th gens still left on dealer lots.
I would say holding off on the Civic X reveal would have been a better plan if they wanted to sell as many 9th gen cars as possible. Pricing of the cars should not have a huge effect since there will definitely be an increase. Anyone looking for a bargain will be able to pick up a hugely discounted 9th gen very soon.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
If the on sale date is late October - early Nov. then wouldn't Honda make sure press reviews are out before then? If so then the press drives must be taking place in the next 4-5 weeks.
The press are driving the car in a little less than two weeks, but keep in mind when they drove the HR-V they were embargoed for a month afterwards, so it may not be until mid-October or later when we get driving impressions.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
The press are driving the car in a little less than two weeks, but keep in mind when they drove the HR-V they were embargoed for a month afterwards, so it may not be until mid-October or later when we get driving impressions.
Sounds like we'll get reviews just in time for the release date. Hope the reviews back up the positive words coming from Honda. Personally I'm excited. :thumbsup:

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
So Honda will hold press drives for 5 separate times? Sedan launch, Coupe launch, Si launch, Hatchback launch and Type R launch?

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
So Honda will hold press drives for 5 separate times? Sedan launch, Coupe launch, Si launch, Hatchback launch and Type R launch?
Maybe, maybe not. The coupe may not get its own press launch, as the powertrains will be the same and therefore not much "new" to test. The Si, 5-door, and Type-R we have no idea when they come out, so it's not like all of these launches will be within a week of each other, or even a month for that matter. If you're Honda, the more headlines you get, the better, so having separate release dates keeps the Civic in the news longer.
Sponsored