Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
I was planing to buy one but I changed my mind. Maybe next year when all the hype is gone.
Sponsored

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'd hope that for those who pay ADM, 5-10k is just play money to them. If getting approved for ADM financing is a deal breaker, then you have more important concerns.
Oh for sure, I think Honda may finance like no more than 120% of MSRP or something like that. Or not much over $3k would provided to finance on top of MSRP. These $10-15k ADMs would need to be cash more than likely. But again that's not going to be the concern of the dealership, that's up to the customer to figure out.

But I think ADMs that are high are really only going to be seen in states with higher than average income and states that have clients that are notoriously blowing disposable income on vehicles. States like CA, NY, TX, etc. Other than that I'd imagine most states will only be at 2-3k ADM.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
ADM IS NECESSARY TO KEEP THE VALUE OF THE CTR!

ADDED ADM is essentially putting "market value" on the CTR. Even thought Honda says CTR should be sold @ $35k, the rest of the world disagrees, and that is why we have ADM. This ADM will and should benefit CTR owners later on when they do decide to part from their cars to private buyers.

Don't believe me? Look at http://hooniverse.com/2015/04/15/97-acura-integra-type-r-sells-for-43300/

Honda has done a excellent job keeping the Type R line very exclusive to consumers. This itself jacks the prices up on the car. So just like buying real estate, the asking price of a home isn't always the correct price to go by, its merely a "baseline" to see where the market will settle.

So KUDOS to all you guys who have done-deals at dealerships selling to you for MSRP because you guys are actually buying this car for "UNDER MARKET VALUE"

People are just bitching because honda set the "Baseline" @ $35k and not $40k or $45k when in reality peoples' "PERCEPTION OF VALUE" for this car is already set between $35k-$45k

AS for those people who think they can just WAIT and get this in 2018 or 2019 for cheaper, you are kidding yourself. Dealerships for a wait list with deposits up the WOooHA. So if the CTR is your way of life, the best thing to do in this situation is to find a dealership who is willing to commit to you and either pay the ADM or MSRP and get it done with and just ENJOY the car everyone else is dying to have!

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
I think it's obvious but worth pointing out. People willing to accept ADM will never get that money back when they resell the car. This ADM is temporary, and once the demand goes down, these cars will be sold for MSRP or possibly less. Good luck telling your buyer that you paid X dollars over sticker when you decide to sell the car.
That's what happening to those 50K RS's been resold.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
ADM IS NECESSARY TO KEEP THE VALUE OF THE CTR!

ADDED ADM is essentially putting "market value" on the CTR. Even thought Honda says CTR should be sold @ $35k, the rest of the world disagrees, and that is why we have ADM. This ADM will and should benefit CTR owners later on when they do decide to part from their cars to private buyers.

Don't believe me? Look at http://hooniverse.com/2015/04/15/97-acura-integra-type-r-sells-for-43300/

Honda has done a excellent job keeping the Type R line very exclusive to consumers. This itself jacks the prices up on the car. So just like buying real estate, the asking price of a home isn't always the correct price to go by, its merely a "baseline" to see where the market will settle.

So KUDOS to all you guys who have done-deals at dealerships selling to you for MSRP because you guys are actually buying this car for "UNDER MARKET VALUE"

People are just bitching because honda set the "Baseline" @ $35k and not $40k or $45k when in reality peoples' "PERCEPTION OF VALUE" for this car is already set between $35k-$45k

AS for those people who think they can just WAIT and get this in 2018 or 2019 for cheaper, you are kidding yourself. Dealerships for a wait list with deposits up the WOooHA. So if the CTR is your way of life, the best thing to do in this situation is to find a dealership who is willing to commit to you and either pay the ADM or MSRP and get it done with and just ENJOY the car everyone else is dying to have!
Just a few notes.

1. No one knows how many CTRs Honda will produce. That will determine the car's value 10-20 years down the road.

2. That 97 ITR is practically brand new with only 10k miles. How many people will pay 35k and let that sit for 10+ years.

3. Cars are almost never an investment. 25k car sold at 43k in 17 years isn't that much when you take into consideration inflation. There are way better investments elsewhere.

4. You're taking a gamble by paying 5-10k over MSRP and hoping that you get your return back down the road.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Change all the Focus RS to CTR. This is what happen if you pay ADM. Who buys a used one when you can get one brand new for less?

2017 Focus RS (Black) - $40000 hide this posting

Honda Civic 10th gen Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List 3304
Honda Civic 10th gen Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List 3304
Honda Civic 10th gen Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List 3305
Honda Civic 10th gen Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List 3305

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

2017 Ford Focus RS

condition: new
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 3500
paint color: black
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback

Selling my < 3 month old RS. Unfortunately, I lost my job and can no longer afford to drive this beast. This RS is fully loaded. It has all the options, except the moon roof. I bought this car brand new for almost $50k out the door.

This is your chance to get a steal on the hottest hot hatch on the market right now. This car is a ton of fun to drive! I just can't afford it anymore.

Price is $40k, I'm open to some discussion. Serious inquiries only please. Car can be shown upon request.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Sorry to see someone losing their Job, hope this person gets one soon or the repo man is going to pay a visit to him.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Just a few notes.

1. No one knows how many CTRs Honda will produce. That will determine the car's value 10-20 years down the road.

2. That 97 ITR is practically brand new with only 10k miles. How many people will pay 35k and let that sit for 10+ years.

3. Cars are almost never an investment. 25k car sold at 43k in 17 years isn't that much when you take into consideration inflation. There are way better investments elsewhere.

4. You're taking a gamble by paying 5-10k over MSRP and hoping that you get your return back down the road.

No one buys cars as an investment. The ITR is merely to show people that the "type R" tradition is strong till now. But I can say that even me paying the $5k ADM on my CTR is a much smarter decision than another shopper paying $1k below msrp for a Honda Accord. Because in the long run, my CTR will depreciate much lower than any "common" car will which in return will benefit me more if i choose to resale.

And yes, we don't have any clue how many CTR honda will make but we can assume based upon history, it will be very limited.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP COMPARING OUR CTR TO FOCUS RS. Ford in general is always been a POS company with POS cars. That reputation alone is a huge factor as to why all their Focus RS sold with ADM are now sitting on the lot collecting dust. Very different cars from very different manufacturers with very different reputation that will all be influence on how well this car does on open market.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Any car is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Here is a dealer with 20 each 2017 Ford Focus RS ranging from $39,977 to $49,945. All of them are New. I wonder if this dealer was one of the ones that added an Assload of ADM.
http://kengrodyfordsandiego.com/inventory/view/Model/Focus RS/New/Records100/SortBy0/

EDIT: sorry 19 of them are 2017, 1 is a 2016

AGAIN, Focus RS is a completely different car and SHOULD NOT be compared to the Civic Type R especially when discussing ADM

Nobody grew up, they turned 16 and said, "Mommy/Daddy, can you buy me a FORD FOCUS?"

The Civic has a long lasting tradition that no Focus can ever touch.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AGAIN, Focus RS is a completely different car and SHOULD NOT be compared to the Civic Type R especially when discussing ADM

Nobody grew up, they turned 16 and said, "Mommy/Daddy, can you buy me a FORD FOCUS?"

The Civic has a long lasting tradition that no Focus can ever touch.
I'm not really comparing the cars. I am comparing the premise of ADM on a niche vehicle that dealers think that are in high demand.
I have been driving Honda's for a very long time. I have always been a fan of them, not a Ford. And depending on your parents income level, some cases might not be a Honda either. What one considers a dream car, others might think of as an econobox.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I'm not really comparing the cars. I am comparing the premise of ADM on a niche vehicle that dealers think that are in high demand.
I have been driving Honda's for a very long time. I have always been a fan of them, not a Ford. And depending on your parents income level, some cases might not be a Honda either. What one considers a dream car, others might think of as an econobox.

When all this relates to ADM, I am saying that there will be more people willing to fork out a $5-10k ADM on the type R as compared to Focus RS due to the long history and tradition of the brand and culture.

Fast and furious never debut a Focus but plenty of civics. Popularity will overtake ADM

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I don't understand why people seem to be like personally offended over ADM. If you don't want to pay it, then don't pay it. If it wasn't there, whose to say that you would be able to find one? Maybe then they would all have a long reservation line ahead of you.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Personally, I have no problem with dealers asking too much for the vehicles they offer for sale. Uninformed buyers who overpay helps informed buyers get better deals without bankrupting the dealer. ;)

I called and Honda Consumer Affairs and they said the dealers are all independent and can choose what ever price they see fit.
True.

But Honda motor corporation financing said they will not finance more than msrp +tax +title.
False.

A large percentage of buyers owe more on their trade-ins than they are worth and have little to no cash available for a down payment. These types of buyers finance vehicles all day long through various lenders including Honda Financial Services.
Sponsored

Last edited: