Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing*

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2013 F250 Diesel
Country flag
I've decided to add a sound system to my 2016 Civic EX-L. Thanks to some of the threads I have gone through, I am confident with the install.

I love listening and feeling the music. It has been 12+ years since I have actually have had a full system and I am no pro on this subject.

Here is what I am looking to get:

Reason for such a big, speaker: I love bass. Good, clean, very hard hitting bass. I listen to almost everything, but mostly to drum and bass, trance and Bassnectar type of music.

I will also dynomat almost everything.

Would I have to run to different power cables for the amps?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've decided to add a sound system to my 2016 Civic EX-L. Thanks to some of the threads I have gone through, I am confident with the install.

I love listening and feeling the music. It has been 12+ years since I have actually have had a full system and I am no pro on this subject.

Here is what I am looking to get:

Reason for such a big, speaker: I love bass. Good, clean, very hard hitting bass. I listen to almost everything, but mostly to drum and bass, trance and Bassnectar type of music.

I will also dynomat almost everything.

Would I have to run to different power cables for the amps?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Looking at the Q&A for the sub amp, it says:

Question:
does it support 0 gauge terminals?
Answer:
Just 4 gauge I believe. That's all you need anyway. Run 0 gauge from battery to fuse block and 4 gauge from fuse block to amp. Just put your fuse block close to the amp

OP
OP

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Question:
Answer:
Just 4 gauge I believe. That's all you need anyway. Run 0 gauge from battery to fuse block and 4 gauge from fuse block to amp. Just put your fuse block close to the amp
That makes sense. Thank you.

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
wow nice setup, i would look for a more discreet box to not eat up your trunk, keep adding pics!

OP
OP

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am almost finished with the install:

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170520_191438

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170520_114837

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170520_104910

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170521_100916

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170521_101429

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170520_114827

OP
OP

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have everything connected except for the sub which I am still waiting on the box for.

I ran into a couple of issues: passenger side front tweeter distorts alot, but when it wants to. I am thinking a wiring issue.
Driver side left front speaker level is really low. Just that speaker. Could also be a wiring issue.

I'll get to it this weekend and hopefully will get to tune it.

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
I have everything connected except for the sub which I am still waiting on the box for.

I ran into a couple of issues: passenger side front tweeter distorts alot, but when it wants to. I am thinking a wiring issue.
Driver side left front speaker level is really low. Just that speaker. Could also be a wiring issue.

Check those red wire taps. I've never been a fan of those. Since you already ran the 9 wire, I would cut the speaker wires where you tapped and terminate into the 9 wire, not bridge out with those red wire taps.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag

Polarity could be reversed on the driver side front speaker, check wiring diagram.

OP
OP

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check those red wire taps. I've never been a fan of those. Since you already ran the 9 wire, I would cut the speaker wires where you tapped and terminate into the 9 wire, not bridge out with those red wire taps.
I believe I know what I did wrong. When installing the t-taps on each wire, I actually started with the front driver's side. Before I installed each t-tap, I cut around the sheathing where the t-tap would go to get the best connection, but I remember not cutting all the way around for that speaker. If it still sounds like shit, I will cut all the wires and solder them ti the 9 wire.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Question:
Answer:
Just 4
That makes sense. Thank you.
Just be sure you have another fuse block as close to the battery as possible, in the event of an accident any unfused portion of the wire that is shorted out between the battery and fuse block will heat up and possibly cause a fire. For example if you mount only 1 fuse block in the rear near the amps and you get t-boned you run the risk of a fire if the power wire is pinched from the damage.

OP
OP

bajaivan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks guys. I do have a fuse block around 14" from the battery.
I fixed the issues and it sounds amazing. For the driver side front, one of the spade connectors to the t tap was incorrectly inserted.
I attached a 1/2" piece of birch wood to the back of the rear seat to attach the amps.
My sub box is still a week away, so I couldn't wait anymore and I ended up buying a temporary box from the local audio store which actually sounds ok.

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on Sound System Set Up *now installing* 20170527_235342
Sponsored