Test Driving The Type R

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
So a couple of days back I was contacted by Honda dealer. I had initially thought I had won a track day with the Type R since I entered the competition but I figure I left the "Allow dealer to contact" box checked. Anyway the conversation and they asked me if I wanted to come for a test drive. My initial thought "they have one!?". They proceeded to ask the color I was interested to which I answered the PMM. (Currently between PMM and CW). I headed over to the dealership where they identified fairly quick and after some time I was ask for my phone and taken in a hatch along with various employees to a huge warehouse. Upon arrival they confirmed the color and proceeded to take it off the trailer. Oh man the colors are not done just online they had a black, white, grey and red. The first drive was me the passenger and it was the most exciting passenger drive of my life but when I got behind the wheel it was ten times more exciting the car just wants to pull and pull.

Update 5/26/17
:banghead:I am adding this to apologize for misleading members on this forum. The details of this made up story were taken from the mouth of my "ricer" coworker and originally I was planning to post a thread labeled "Test Driving Type R Probability" but at my expense I switched the color to gray from the red in his story and placed myself in the driver seat. I wanted to believe so badly that I did not ask the basic questions such as who set the meeting up but his did mention Norm Reeves Honda of West Covina so it made senses at the time until very obvious holes in the story were pointed out. I should have known he was lying when he was adamant about the car being AWD and the look of confusion when I told him it was front wheel drive. That same day he was also complain about the Type R copied/stole his car's style (has red trimming in his car and a red JDM Honda badge. :doh:
TLDR I'm very sorry for my lie. I got my some comeuppance/karma last saturday though.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/sad-day-very-much-deserved.11345/#post-200013
Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_0998.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
On April 18, 2017 he posted that he purchased a 2017 Lunar Silver Metallic Civic EX-T from Penske Honda in Ontario, CA.

http://www.penskehonda.com

I just called Penske Honda Sales department and they said they do not have any Civic Type-R's to test drive yet.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP
OP

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
Believe it or not. I find it hard to believe as well considering the distance they needed to be transported but come on guys we have spotted them in the wild already being driven by dealer or employees. I do understand it is hard to believe but trust me the experience with car was great but everything before was terrifying they asked for my license and insurance which I get is standard fare but the employees did everything to calm down my nerves considering the last thing they had to do was blindfold me/knock me out before they took me. Anyway I did ask them how much the car would be running (after their run down of the specs) to which they said around 40000 which a blow to the stomach. In my head all I could about was what about that mid-30000 number Honda had said but then I realized this dealer probably going to add a hefty market adjustment and some add ons. Everything returned to normal when they let me drive the hatch back to the dealership where they proceeded to try sell me the hatch itself but my EX-T is my the perfect car for me at momemt. The dream car is that Type R just wish I had the means right now. For those that do I truly envy you. Keep in mind the only manual experience I had is my father's 07 Kia Optima which probably why Im quick to give this car four thumbs up. I have no reason to lie considering this forum helped me purchase to my own 17 sedan which took a year and half because I was meticulously looking at everything about this car on this forum, on other sites and through test drives so I thank you all. To be honest all you guys could sell this car better than a dealer.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Believe it or not. I find it hard to believe as well considering the distance they needed to be transported but come on guys we have spotted them in the wild already being driven by dealer or employees. I do understand it is hard to believe but trust me the experience with car was great but everything before was terrifying they asked for my license and insurance which I get is standard fare but the employees did everything to calm down my nerves considering the last thing they had to do was blindfold me/knock me out before they took me. Anyway I did ask them how much the car would be running (after their run down of the specs) to which they said around 40000 which a blow to the stomach. In my head all I could about was what about that mid-30000 number Honda had said but then I realized this dealer probably going to add a hefty market adjustment and some add ons. Everything returned to normal when they let me drive the hatch back to the dealership where they proceeded to try sell me the hatch itself but my EX-T is my the perfect car for me at momemt. The dream car is that Type R just wish I had the means right now. For those that do I truly envy you. Keep in mind the only manual experience I had is my father's 07 Kia Optima which probably why Im quick to give this car four thumbs up. I have no reason to lie considering this forum helped me purchase to my own 17 sedan which took a year and half because I was meticulously looking at everything about this car on this forum, on other sites and through test drives so I thank you all. To be honest all you guys could sell this car better than a dealer.
Who was the employee that invited you for a "test drive" at Penske Honda?

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://www.civictrackday.com/ Did anyone sign up for this ? That's how I assume I got the contact.
You didn't answer my question. What was the name of the person that coordinated with you for this "test drive"?

Also you say that you were possibly contacted for a civic track day. Another member asked you where did you drive? In a parking lot doing circles or on a track?

Was this the warehouse where they took you to?

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_3050.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_3051.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_3052.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_3053.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Driving The Type R IMG_3054.JPG

Very simple questions.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You didn't answer my question. What was the name of the person that coordinated with you for this "test drive"?

Also you say that you were possibly contacted for a civic track day. Another member asked you where did you drive? In a parking lot doing circles or on a track?

Was this the warehouse where they took you to?

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

Very simple questions.
Not unless they drove him to PA. Ha