Strange sound at startup

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I think he means there might not be something posted on Honda Canada. We know about the TSB on the US side.

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Ah... yeah... I'm not too sure if there has been any success on our end yet. I plan to bring it in after my seasonal wheel swap and when it gets closer to doing the oil change; just to get it all done in one go

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I think he means there might not be something posted on Honda Canada. We know about the TSB on the US side.
Yes exactly. Thankyou. So i went to my dealer today in Montreal. Nope the last US TBSs im looking for are not available here. They have no clue what im talking about.

TBSs 17-003 & 16-036 (February March 2017)

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
I'm still wonder why Honda Canada still avoid making the TSB available for you guys. Because I got mine done and the car did not make any more noises.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I'm still wonder why Honda Canada still avoid making the TSB available for you guys.
Simple: Honda, Canada or otherwise, is in no hurry to spend money fixing things they don't consider problems in the first place.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Still rattling that my $30,000 civic does this @dick w do you think I shouldn't be complaining? Just asking?

jcivic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Two days ago my local dealership (Southern Ohio) took a look at my car (2016 Civic Coupe EX-T 1.5L) after giving them the TSB. The dealership had never heard of the TSB, nor did anyone previously bring up this issue. They ran diagnostics and confirmed the car had the warm start-up noise issue. Just dropped my car off to get this repaired. Will follow-up on if the repair fixed the car as others have reported.

jcivic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
The Dealership fixed the grinding noise problem under warranty. So far, no noise issues after repair.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I THINK I heard it once.

Waiting to hear it again so I can confirm this. So far it's been a week since the fix.

Monkeyelvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T Aegean Blue
Country flag
I have about 3000 miles on the car since the fix was done, and it is starting to grind again. Also getting a lurch when shifting from park to drive, or from drive at a full stop, to reverse. Something is still wrong with my CVT.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I'm taking mine in to get fixed tomorrow while it's in for an oil change AND a "Check Tuner" error on the infotainment center. I'll update with my results.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have about 3000 miles on the car since the fix was done, and it is starting to grind again. Also getting a lurch when shifting from park to drive, or from drive at a full stop, to reverse. Something is still wrong with my CVT.
When my car is cold like when I start it after over night and put it into drive the car wants to launch forward. And the grinding for me I don't think ever fully disappeared. I noticed the sound 2 days later. A lot quieter but still there.
Sponsored