Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Honda has posted this information:

DATE: January 8, 2016
TO: All Honda Sales, Service & Parts Managers and Personnel
Re: Product Update: 2016 Civic Audio Amplifier

Today, January 08, 2016, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is announcing a product update for 3,703 model year 2016 Civic vehicles to improve the programming of the audio amplifier.

Basic Problem

An error in the power amplifier DSP (Digital Signal Processor) boot-up software may cause failed initialization at engine start, resulting in muted condition and no audio sound.

The Repair

Apply updated DSP Audio Software Version 3.50 to the audio amplifier via USB memory stick to affected units. A vehicle production line countermeasure was applied starting December 18, 2015 at HCM and December 16, 2015 at HMIN.

Service Bulletin

Service bulletin 16-001, Product Update: 2016 Civic Audio Amplifier has been posted to the Service Information System today in support of this campaign. It includes information on the tool (USB memory stick), warranty and repair procedure information related to this product update.

Parts Information

There are no parts associated with this product update.

Tools Information

Your dealership will receive a package directly from Pioneer with a USB Memory Device/Stick providing the C/M DSP Audio Software Version 3.50. The package will be arriving addressed to the Service Manager/ Service Bulletin 16-001 and will have the following information on the label:

ATTENTION

SERVICE MANAGER

Service Bulletin: 16-001

Client Notification

American Honda expects to notify owners of affected vehicles by the middle of February 2016.

As always, please make sure to check iN VIN status to determine if a particular vehicle is eligible for this product update.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
And so it begins. Thanks for posting! At least they are going to notify owners. Step in the right direction.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is great news. I will have to check what version my DSP is tonight

Greg I

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Great news! Is there any workaround for the meantime? Seems sound won't come back until the car is off and sits for 10-15 mins. If there is an easier way to regain it, please let us know. Thanks.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't experienced this problem, but I acquired my Touring well before the aforementioned counter measure was being applied on production lines. What is meant by "iN VIN" when checking for eligibility?

I'll still check the DSP version, but I'd imagine it won't match 3.5 if that's the version of the patch that has been released.

OP
OP
HondaMan

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I haven't experienced this problem, but I acquired my Touring well before the aforementioned counter measure was being applied on production lines. What is meant by "iN VIN" when checking for eligibility?

I'll still check the DSP version, but I'd imagine it won't match 3.5 if that's the version of the patch that has been released.
Honda uses a website called Honda Interactive Network, abbreviated "IN".

There is a place in there where dealerships can check on a vehicle's VIN # to see if it has any recalls or anything for it!

guerjam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
The middle of February?!? I'm not sure I can go that long with no sound. Any chance they can send me the USB stick directly? The procedure looks pretty straight forward. :)

OP
OP
HondaMan

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The middle of February?!? I'm not sure I can go that long with no sound. Any chance they can send me the USB stick directly? The procedure looks pretty straight forward. :)
If you are experiencing this issue, you won't have to wait until February!

That is when they will let people know if they are affected if they aren't experiencing it already!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you go to any dealer to get TSBs done, or does it have the be the one your purchased from?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any dealer is obligated to perform warranty work. The one you bought it from may be more accommodating about scheduling, loaner, etc.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Downloaded this and emailed it to my Honda Dealers service manager. I experienced the failed volume today for the first time. Hopefully he's heard of this and can fix it!
So weird, my car was fine for 3 weeks then suddenly its gone nuts on the infotainment :(

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
My EX-T was delivered Dec 29th and I have had zero infotainment issues. Perhaps mine already has the "fix".

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
My EX-T was delivered Dec 29th and I have had zero infotainment issues. Perhaps mine already has the "fix".
When was it built tho, Mine was built October 2015 Delivered December 14 to me.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This fix is specific to the amplifier that is specific to the Touring. EX-T not subject to this problem/fix because it doesn't have the affected amplifier.
Sponsored