PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Dang I was right. Spy shots license plate 3421. Car and Driver license plate 3421.
Notice it's the same plate on Motor Trend's red car and black car and the one on the gray first-reveal car from a couple of days ago. 3421 is Honda's manufacturer plate. At any given time there may be hundreds of CA 3421 plates around the country.
Honda Civic 10th gen Motortrend: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan first look review xaxasmcfshfuvzmh4a2c
Sponsored

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
I'm most impressed by the interior. That looks like a multiple generation jump! Front and rear are my favorite parts of the exterior. That rear with the lights on will be a standout on the road.

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
NICE pictures. Even the base LX interior looks great. The EX and above get a full digital tach and speedo screen while the base LX gets a physical tach but still has a screen in the center. Love the contrast stitching on the seats and details.
I prefer physical needles to digital tachs but the digital speedo here looks very nice. Have we seen the physical LX gauges yet?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This would be true if the Civic offered a Dual Clutch Transmission option like the ILX instead of a CVT.
I'm not sure if the casual buyer would really base a car buying decision based on transmission specifics. Most people i talk to don't even know what CVT and DCT are, or what the difference is... they just want it to be an automatic. Factor in close to 10k in price difference and the transmission becomes even less of a selling point.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I prefer physical needles to digital tachs but the digital speedo here looks very nice. Have we seen the physical LX gauges yet?
Yes, look through the MotorTrend article on the new civic. It shows both the EX and above gauges and the LX gauges which are still digital, just the tach is physical.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
This would be true if the Civic offered a Dual Clutch Transmission option like the ILX instead of a CVT.
It'd be true if enthusiasts were shopping these cars, but casual Honda/Acura customers that might go to both the Honda and Acura dealer will likely be more impressed by the Civic. Even if you want to get technical, the ILX has DCT but the Civic has turbo.
Then there's the fact that the ILX looks like a hodge podge compared to the Civic.
But if the next ILX is based on this new Civic, then yeah it'll probably be nicer then.

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Motortrend: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan first look review 2016-honda-civic-lx-side-profile
Honda Civic 10th gen Motortrend: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan first look review 2016-honda-civic-touring-side-profile
With your typical "Honda Accessories" I figured coming into this generation I'd be after the hatchback model. Before I got my current car (the Fusion) I had my eye on a Focus Titanium Hatch...since the Civic is coming in Hatchback form I just knew I'd probably wont one (depending on styling) BUT the sedan is kinda sharp IMO. This dark Touring looks good as is..Imagine the SI with bigger (nicer wheels) a honeycomb grille up front and a nice lip spoiler on the back. The SI better have those LED headlights and that 450 watt audio system that the Touring model is getting. The only way I'll pull the trigger on any Civic, will be with a manual transmission. So I'm gonna have to go SI. Which is A-OK with Me. View attachment 564 View attachment 564 View attachment 565

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
They keep talking about it being for the millineums but for us empty nesters we remember how fun the Civic used to be and I plan to get rid of the big SUV and get a fun, sporty, fuel efficient 10th Generation Civic.
Even if my bad knees don't like the one inch lower seat ! And rock and roll sounds best in a 400 watt 10 speaker system.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
2016-honda-civic-lx-side-profile.jpg
2016-honda-civic-touring-side-profile.jpg
With your typical "Honda Accessories" I figured coming into this generation I'd be after the hatchback model. Before I got my current car (the Fusion) I had my eye on a Focus Titanium Hatch...since the Civic is coming in Hatchback form I just knew I'd probably wont one (depending on styling) BUT the sedan is kinda sharp IMO. This dark Touring looks good as is..Imagine the SI with bigger (nicer wheels) a honeycomb grille up front and a nice lip spoiler on the back. The SI better have those LED headlights and that 450 watt audio system that the Touring model is getting. The only way I'll pull the trigger on any Civic, will be with a manual transmission. So I'm gonna have to go SI. Which is A-OK with Me. View attachment 564 View attachment 564 View attachment 565
I had contemplated a Fusion myself since the 2014(?) redesign was a big improvement. Now looking at this new Civic it's unquestionably better looking to me. The Fusion has a nice front end (I like Ford's new corporate grille and it seems they do too as they adopted it for the new Mustang) but the rest of the car looks a lot less sporty than the new X gen civic overall. I'd take the Fusion's grille but everything else from the rear end, boomerang lights and stance is a win for this Civic IMO.

MrX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ciivc LX sedan
I do like LX larger rim size, headlights and deleted roof rudder.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Black one for the win! Red looks really good too but the tailights disappear on it.

I'm not sure if the casual buyer would really base a car buying decision based on transmission specifics. Most people i talk to don't even know what CVT and DCT are, or what the difference is... they just want it to be an automatic. Factor in close to 10k in price difference and the transmission becomes even less of a selling point.
Except for your enthusiasts, most ppl are just going to know their cars are 'auto' or 'manual'. They're not going to know or probably even care whether it's CVT, slushbox auto, or DCT. But can you imagine the look on the face of the first time an owner drives his 'auto' Civic expecting the transmission to change gears and instead it just keeps revving and revving and revving :rofl:

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Honda's CVTs actually have small shift points, simulated by their software. That's the big difference and innovation that Honda did with its "EarthDreams" CVT. Since then Nissan and others have said they are also going to do that with their CVTs, clearly copying Honda without admitting it.
Sponsored