Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have a link to the instruction manual for the SRI install? Or know which tools I'll need for the DIY. Bought one used and missing install guide.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Anyone have a link to the instruction manual for the SRI install? Or know which tools I'll need for the DIY. Bought one used and missing install guide.
youtube has a few videos

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
very easy
unbolt the bolt that goes on the stock intake tube that goes to the engine....and theres 3 bolts on the stock airbox take them off and the stock intake box should come off very easily..(dont forget to unplugged the MAF sensor too).after that put the silicone rubber on your intake tubing with the secure bracket(tightened it with the bolt facing your direction) and after that put the filter at the other end...bolt that rubber tubing into the engine ...make sure everything is well tight...and just unscrew the intake MAF sensor without touching it and put it in the intake tube with the 2 screws....and tahts it! start your engine to see if theres no light coming on! and your good to go!
if you have all the tools needed, it will take you max 30 minutes (just the perfect time to drink a beer)...lol

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
very easy
unbolt the bolt that goes on the stock intake tube that goes to the engine....and theres 3 bolts on the stock airbox take them off and the stock intake box should come off very easily..(dont forget to unplugged the MAF sensor too).after that put the silicone rubber on your intake tubing with the secure bracket(tightened it with the bolt facing your direction) and after that put the filter at the other end...bolt that rubber tubing into the engine ...make sure everything is well tight...and just unscrew the intake MAF sensor without touching it and put it in the intake tube with the 2 screws....and tahts it! start your engine to see if theres no light coming on! and your good to go!
if you have all the tools needed, it will take you max 30 minutes (just the perfect time to drink a beer)...lol
Nice thanks, man. I watched a video as well. 10mm socket is all that's needed for the bolts?

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
In talking to Hondata about a setup for my CVT EX-T it was revealed that they dyno tested with the injen SRI and logged at 1-2% hp gain. UGH. At least it sounds good.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I had heard about 6 hp is what Hondata logged for the Injen cold air version on a manual trans. They did say that under higher boost levels, the horsepower gains could potentially go up. Also, the factory intake does take in fairly hot air from over the radiator area, so in real world driving scenarios, the Injen cold air may perform a bit better than expected. Overall, I still feel like it's a good product and definitely worth getting. As you mentioned, it does sound really good too.

I just wish Injen had more carefully dyno'd the CVT Civic they used so they didn't originally come up with a 29 hp gain.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had heard about 6 hp is what Hondata logged for the Injen cold air version on a manual trans. They did say that under higher boost levels, the horsepower gains could potentially go up. Also, the factory intake does take in fairly hot air from over the radiator area, so in real world driving scenarios, the Injen cold air may perform a bit better than expected. Overall, I still feel like it's a good product and definitely worth getting. As you mentioned, it does sound really good too.

I just wish Injen had more carefully dyno'd the CVT Civic they used so they didn't originally come up with a 29 hp gain.
exactly!

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those rocking the injen or K&N (like myself) intake in california, it usually takes a while for the companies to get CARB certified. Once that's done, you're able to call the company and get the sticker for the kit and throw it in your engine bay. K&N has advised me it would take a year more or less to get it certified after it's official release.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those rocking the injen or K&N (like myself) intake in california, it usually takes a while for the companies to get CARB certified. Once that's done, you're able to call the company and get the sticker for the kit and throw it in your engine bay. K&N has advised me it would take a year more or less to get it certified after it's official release.
Do you run your intake with a tune? Which Intake do you have? How long now since you installed the Intake? Thanks.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Skeegle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 6MT