Features you miss from your Previous or Daily driver?

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
What I miss from previous driver.......... Power lots of it!!!!!! Handling! Rear wheel drive. Went through the snow like crazy. Lower to ground. Overall height about 41"
Sponsored

Whitechoco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL

Last week a friend at work test my Civic and when he hit the horn, we were both laughing. I am embarrassed to use it. :(
I had a similar problem in my 2005 civic after I unfortunately plowed through a raccoon doing 80mph. After that the horn kinda sounded like the old Eyyooooghaa type lol. 14$ bucks on Amazon and I installed a high DB horn that startled people. You could always swap it out. Probly need to remove the bumper shroud which is no big deal IMO.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I miss having intermittent wipers. I use Rain-X religiously so I don't really need having my wipers on at a significant speed. The auto-wipers in the Touring are trash.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I miss having intermittent wipers. I use Rain-X religiously so I don't really need having my wipers on at a significant speed. The auto-wipers in the Touring are trash.
They are actually the most irritating "feature" I have ever had in my cars. Either wipes too often or not enough. It goes the appropriate speed about 50% of the time. Took it to the dealer, they "adjusted" the sensor. Same issue. I doubt the dealer could actually do anything, its just an imperfect design. A gimmick really. Oh wow rain sensing!

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
They are actually the most irritating "feature" I have ever had in my cars. Either wipes too often or not enough. It goes the appropriate speed about 50% of the time. Took it to the dealer, they "adjusted" the sensor. Same issue. I doubt the dealer could actually do anything, its just an imperfect design. A gimmick really. Oh wow rain sensing!
They should have marketed the rain sensing wipers as "always an adventure" or "you never know what you're gonna get". Missed opportunity by the marketing folks.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Dual display dash - the speed was always right up there closer to eye level.

And OMG - those rain sensing wipers are a total nut!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I miss having a manual with an audible exhaust note. It's much easier to "drive by ear" and keep a consistent speed on the freeway when it's too busy for cruise control.

But it's nice to have adaptive cruise, too...

xoxo&tats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
I miss having a locking glovebox and the option to lock the gas door/ trunk like my 2010 accord had. I also miss being able to fit cups in my door. I never knew how important the number of cup holders were. Drives me insane!!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I miss having a locking glovebox and the option to lock the gas door/ trunk like my 2010 accord had. I also miss being able to fit cups in my door. I never knew how important the number of cup holders were. Drives me insane!!
The forward ends of the front door pockets on my hatch are just right for holding water bottles up to about 20 ounces, but it's not the same as a proper cup holder (which my EP had -- a slide-out holder right next to the vent left of the steering wheel).

Speaking of storage, I miss having the coin holder pocket that I had in my EP and both of my '86 Civic hatchbacks. It doesn't seem like much, but way back in 1978-ish, Road & Track's review of the then-new Accord made special mention of its standard-issue spring-closed coin pocket with its flocked velvet interior (to minimize rattling noises). Little details like that made R&T heap praise on the Accord in their article and reset their standard for what they expected in new, inexpensive cars.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I miss being able to park anywhere and not worrying about dents or scratches

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I miss being able to park anywhere and not worrying about dents or scratches
:D :D :D

Two months ago, still driving my EP, when it was rainy at rush hour on the beltway, I was like, "Sure, you sons of bitches, hit me -- I could use a new car."

A few weeks later, the first time I drove my FK7 during a rain-soaked evening rush, I'm going, "YOU ALL BETTER STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY GODDAMMIT DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!!"
Sponsored