Hidden Features/Quirks you did not know about the Honda 2017 Civic

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Hi, I think I saw a similar thread a while back but after searching the forums I could not find it.

Do you know of any neat tricks with the 2017 Civic that the rest of us might not be aware of?

I'll go first

Tap the unlock button twice, then hold it in, unlocks all the doors, rolls down the windows and opens up the sunroof.

Please feel free to contribute.
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
underneath the front passenger floormat, there's a little 3"x7" cover that says "Frame Number". When you open that panel, it's a direct hole to the Body Frame, with the VIN stamped on it.

It's also a neat place to store stuff. Nothing illicit of course :D

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
underneath the front passenger floormat, there's a little 3"x7" cover that says "Frame Number". When you open that panel, it's a direct hole to the Body Frame, with the VIN stamped on it.

It's also a neat place to store stuff. Nothing illicit of course :D

ha, saw that too, whats the reasoning behind that hole...

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
It's a tailgate magnet for jackoffs in lifted pickups with shitty retrofitted HIDs!
This! Yes indeed, since Ive bought mine Ive had soooo many rednecks in their big dumb coal rollers riding my arse everywhere I go, not to mention the dirty looks. Bro-Truck drivers (as their called here) are seriously the worst. Go get a life! Of course Id be mad too if I was paying 700+ a mnth for a big heavy pos that eats gas like its going extinct and have to make a 10pt turn to park in a space that once Im straight enough to pull into the realization I dont fit kicks in. Yep , no thanks!

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, I think I saw a similar thread a while back but after searching the forums I could not find it.

Do you know of any neat tricks with the 2017 Civic that the rest of us might not be aware of?

I'll go first

Tap the unlock button twice, then hold it in, unlocks all the doors, rolls down the windows and opens up the sunroof.

Please feel free to contribute.

Seen this on a youtube video.... Use the physical key in the lock on drivers door, turn to the lock position and hold to close all the windows. I haven't tried this yet but I will in a moment when I leave work....

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Seen this on a youtube video.... Use the physical key in the lock on drivers door, turn to the lock position and hold to close all the windows. I haven't tried this yet but I will in a moment when I leave work....

Here;

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesn't need the physical key. It works with the remote the same way as opening the windows.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This! Yes indeed, since Ive bought mine Ive had soooo many rednecks in their big dumb coal rollers riding my arse everywhere I go, not to mention the dirty looks. Bro-Truck drivers (as their called here) are seriously the worst. Go get a life! Of course Id be mad too if I was paying 700+ a mnth for a big heavy pos that eats gas like its going extinct and have to make a 10pt turn to park in a space that once Im straight enough to pull into the realization I dont fit kicks in. Yep , no thanks!
lol we have the same here. Some new guy at work has a lifted truck with purple (really) suspension bits, wide-ass tires, and a giant hashtag on the windshield (#WEDEMBOYZ). Some of these guys are trying too hard...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesn't need the physical key. It works with the remote the same way as opening the windows.
Must be another feature North America doesn't get. We can open with the key, can't close. Safety regulations or something.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
never knoe if and when the parking brake will activate after parking and turning the car off. and don't say there is a recall. it did notin.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
never knoe if and when the parking brake will activate after parking and turning the car off. and don't say there is a recall. it did notin.
For me it's always when I come to a stop with brake hold engaged and I remove my seat belt.