Cell Phone Holder Mount

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
I don't find this placement to be convenient or practical at all for 3 very important reasons:

1. You have to look down to see your phone. Trying to focus on a screen that's a foot and a half below my vision of the road makes no sense.
2. Your view of the screen is partially blocked while in Drive.
3. You have to reach down and work around the shifter when wanting to navigate your phone. Complete PITA

All of these issues are non existent when you use an AC vent mount PLUS you dont loose your little cubby hole space.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I don't find this placement to be convenient or practical at all for 3 very important reasons:

1. You have to look down to see your phone. Trying to focus on a screen that's a foot and a half below my vision of the road makes no sense.
2. Your view of the screen is partially blocked while in Drive.
3. You have to reach down and work around the shifter when wanting to navigate your phone. Complete PITA

All of these issues are non existent when you use an AC vent mount PLUS you dont loose your little cubby hole space.
It really isn't convenient. It just happens to be there though and if I'm not using it for my phone, I have sunglasses in there.

I also have a seat bolt mounted phone mount on a flexible gooseneck coming in. I'm going to try it attached to the front, driver-side bolt of the front passenger seat and route the gooseneck up so the phone mount is right next to / a little below the temperature control knob.

skrappss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
My 17 Hatch Sport is a 6sp so my hand was hitting the shifter when I mounted it in In that location. I mounted mine above the stereo but noticed this wouldn't work for those with the infotainment system. The wireless Mophie charger works great.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_2107.JPG

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I found a good solution that's been working really well. Nice and stable, no shaking or flopping around, a mechanical solution that doesn't rely on adhesives (which eventually fail), no screws or dismantling the dash, easy to see and poke at, doesn't obstruct any air vents, won't overheat in the sun because it's cooled by the air vents, well placed next to the Civic touch screen, looks nice! I've been using this for the past couple months and it's holding firm and gittin 'er done.

It's a fusion of two car mounts I bought on Amazon: CAW.CAR universal magnetic car mount, and TechMatte MagGrip car mount holder. Links below:

CAW.CAR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQWNMPU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TechMatte: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E86ONW2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My solution works by wedging the TechMatte CD mount behind the Civic's touchscreen. It fits perfectly, with just the right amount of pressure -- stable without stressing the screen. The magnet on the TechMatte holds the magnet on the CAW.CAR very firmly. Just don't put the adhesive disc on the base of the magnetic CAW.CAR mount, as instructed. That would make things sticky and messy (what kids are for). The swivel magnetic plate on the CAW.CAR holds firmly too, and allows easy adjustment of the phone viewing angle. Obviously, you'll need to attach your phone to the magnetic CAW.CAR holder by attaching a metal plate to the inside or outside of your phone case -- or to the back of your phone.

A note about the metal plate on the back of your phone: it needs to be mounted at the bottom, not the center, so that your phone sits high on the mount. It's still stable this way, and only improves the viewing angle. This position allows a charging cable to be inserted at the bottom of the phone without the cable obstructing the Civic's touch screen.

All of this may sound overly complicated, but it's actually pretty simple and elegant, I think. Here are some pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3540

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3541

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3542

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3543

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3544

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3545

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3546

View attachment 42337

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_3547

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
I use this mount on the vent right of the steering wheel...great location and functionality!

http://a.co/2Juwdtf

phongX11

First Name
Phong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback SPORT
Country flag
After looking at pgn's setup I purchased the same mount but was able to make it work without the additional mount for hybrid/fusion combo
Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount mount

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After looking at pgn's setup I purchased the same mount but was able to make it work without the additional mount for hybrid/fusion combo
mount.jpg
I've done exactly this except i flipped it upside down and wedged it in even further, super solid and stable

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
mount.jpg
Looks nice and simple. But doesn't your charger cable get in the way when the phone is mounted? That's why I added the second magnetic mount. It's just as stable, but it adds some height so that the phone sits higher and the cable is completely out of the way of the screen.

phongX11

First Name
Phong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback SPORT
Country flag
Looks nice and simple. But doesn't your charger cable get in the way when the phone is mounted? That's why I added the second magnetic mount. It's just as stable, but it adds some height so that the phone sits higher and the cable is completely out of the way of the screen.
Reason why I mounted it more towards the left side, it doesn't block anything when I put phone in landscape mode. When using phone in right side up it does block the radio and media buttons but not a problem because I usually control from the steering wheel. Although the cable is not completely out of the way it does not block anything especially in landscape mode, bottom of phone sits right above the stock screen. This setup works if you have the 5" system, your setup is better for the 7" system since it needs to sit higher. For me, the phone is in a perfect location for viewing as well as in reach to control if needed. I use an iPhone 6 Plus with a pretty thick case, I'm sure it will be better with a smaller size phone.
Sponsored