Features you miss from your Previous or Daily driver?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from an 11 year old Acura TSX, the only things it had that would have been nice in the Civic Sport Touring are:

- a real sunglasses holder (although the little slot on the side of the gear shifter works OK)
- memory seats
- deeper trunk (although the Civic has better vertical trunk storage, obviously)
- deep sounding horn - although the Civic horn I find is loud enough, despite its meep-meep-ness
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Coming from an 11 year old Acura TSX, the only things it had that would have been nice in the Civic Sport Touring are:

- a real sunglasses holder (although the little slot on the side of the gear shifter works OK)
- memory seats
- deeper trunk (although the Civic has better vertical trunk storage, obviously)
- deep sounding horn - although the Civic horn I find is loud enough, despite its meep-meep-ness
I will say that the horn is louder and slightly less wimpy outside the car, than it sounds when you're inside the car.

canyonblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, '14 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
Country flag
1. Homelink (seriously my Sport Touring doesn't even have it?)
2. Dedicated sunglass holder
3. Hatch that automatically "pops" when the fob button is pressed.
4. Audio panel could really use a dedicated volume knob.
5. Heated steering.
6. The Civic/Honda system of the camera in the right side view mirror isn't nearly as intuitive and safe IMHO as my other vehicle's radar based system that illuminates a yellow light in either mirror when a vehicle is in your blindspot.

My other vehicle has cooled seats but frankly I was never impressed with how it "cooled" but heated in winter is a must, glad the Civic has it.

BTW: this seems like a long list but my other car is 40k+ and my Civic Sport Touring was 27k and has tech in it that even my other car doesn't have so I'm still super pleased.

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Oh, and a moonroof whose glass doesn't spontaneously explode...

(knock on wood!)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
There is no indirect tpms for Canadian civic. Trust me, i have looked into this. I have had 2 flats already.
I know .. I meant for Canadians not to be too angry because the US models have an indirect system, which is not the greatest. I'm happy not having any system at all, rather than an indirect system that needs constant recalibration.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know .. I meant for Canadians not to be too angry because the US models have an indirect system, which is not the greatest. I'm happy not having any system at all, rather than an indirect system that needs constant recalibration.
I'll take an indirect TPMS over one that uses sensors in every wheel, though. Makes swaps cheaper and easier (it should, at least -- right?).

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'll take an indirect TPMS over one that uses sensors in every wheel, though. Makes swaps cheaper and easier (it should, at least -- right?).
I'm not one to swap wheels, I'd be happy with the sensors. Although I'm also happy with good old fashioned checking the tires with a gauge now and then.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I'm not one to swap wheels, I'd be happy with the sensors. Although I'm also happy with good old fashioned checking the tires with a gauge now and then.
I just think for a car that Honda jam packed with safety features, they should have included tpms on the Canadian models. Such a simple thing which is helpful to consumers and they put it on US models but figured hey its not law so let's cut it out in Canada and save a few bucks.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just think for a car that Honda jam packed with safety features, they should have included tpms on the Canadian models. Such a simple thing which is helpful to consumers and they put it on US models but figured hey its not law so let's cut it out in Canada and save a few bucks.
There was a minor stink raised a few months ago about how cars sold in, say, Mexico are built to much lower safety standards simply because the local regulations don't require anything more. Two airbags instead of ten, lower-strength steel for the passenger cell, things like that.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Coming from a '11 Ford Fiesta ses, I couldn't imagine what I could possibly miss compared to a gen-x civic until I drove it for the first time at night. My fiesta has an auto dimming mirror, and my Sport Hatch does not. I was floored.

Apart from that the civic is miles beyond the fiesta in every way. Except the happy bright green colour of the fiesta that just said Hai!! :wave:whenever I approached it.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
LOL

Last week a friend at work test my Civic and when he hit the horn, we were both laughing. I am embarrassed to use it. :(
I've always had a theory that knowing the road racer reputation civics have gotten over the years, that Honda has, for its own sense of duty for public safety fitted a wimpy horn to mitigate instances of road rage.

That's what I'm telling myself. It can't possibly be a cost saving measure I'm sure of it :rolleyes1:
Sponsored