My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Would you care to show me a pic of where exactly you stuck the business card? Thanks brother
My 2017 hatch sport is making the same rattle on the A pillar. Can we get more pictures and information on how to invisibly fix the issue?
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2017 hatch sport is making the same rattle on the A pillar. Can we get more pictures and information on how to invisibly fix the issue?
I posted a picture a few posts earlier. It has been there for a month and the noise hasn't come back! Of course i trimmed the card so it is invisible now.
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread img_20170323_080911-

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I posted a picture a few posts earlier. It has been there for a month and the noise hasn't come back! Of course i trimmed the card so it is invisible now.
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread img_20170323_080911-
thicker than a business card? can i get black foam tape at home depot? seems tape might be too thick.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took mine to the dealer on Monday for the dash rattle. Made sure to take it in morning or when weather was mild since it tended to do it in those conditions. They removed A pillar and put some type of felt in there. Problem solved!

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took mine to the dealer on Monday for the dash rattle. Made sure to take it in morning or when weather was mild since it tended to do it in those conditions. They removed A pillar and put some type of felt in there. Problem solved!
do i have to take it to the same dealer i bought it from or can i go to any honda dealer

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thicker than a business card? can i get black foam tape at home depot? seems tape might be too thick.
business card is enough but there is more space if you want to put something thicker. you can see the void from the side when the door is open.

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car started rattling in the same area this morning. :hmm: Glad to see there is kind of a fix using a business card.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The pillar problem was completely fixed, but now i have another rattle when i drive on rough surfaces, from the center of the dash. I will find a solution for that too!

smileytiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The pillar problem was completely fixed, but now i have another rattle when i drive on rough surfaces, from the center of the dash. I will find a solution for that too!
Hi , im facing the same issue !
They fixed the A-pillar but created the rattles from center dash when passing over slightest rough surface .. And this rattle is even louder Did u manage to find a solution?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi , im facing the same issue !
They fixed the A-pillar but created the rattles from center dash when passing over slightest rough surface .. And this rattle is even louder Did u manage to find a solution?
Haha, we had the same story... I put the second half of the business card on the passenger side A pillar and it seems to be ok now. I am not100% sure it is really fixed because I am away for business trips this month and i didn't have the chance to drive much after I did it. Also the temperature is very high now so most rattles are not showing up.

smileytiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Haha, we had the same story... I put the second half of the business card on the passenger side A pillar and it seems to be ok now. I am not100% sure it is really fixed because I am away for business trips this month and i didn't have the chance to drive much after I did it. Also the temperature is very high now so most rattles are not showing up.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.I'll try your method and post the outcome .

cataclysmseng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
homda civic 1.5tcp

do you have passenger door panel rattling?

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you have passenger door panel rattling?
I've had rattling from both front door panels and the only fix I've had luck with so far is to add 1/4" foam weather stripping on the inside edges of the panels. I still get some rattle when the music is up really loud but it's certainly a lot better than it was.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Is it just me, or does the "cheapo" LX version have virtually no issues at all, while the more expensive models, that are supposed to be soooo much better, have several?

All I'm gonna say is HAHA to all you people that put down the LX. :)
^this
Sponsored