A little plastidip for the chrome parts and H symbol

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Any DIY instructions? I am assuming the parts have to be removed first. Looks sharp.
I have the same question. I thought it was going to be the same as any other Honda but when I pulled back the cover for the trunk I don't see the clips for the H emblem. I only see one small bolt which doesn't do anything when removed. I'm guessing it holds the trunk together since it looks like it's s two piece.
Sponsored

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
After looking at the parts catalog my guess was right. It's a two piece and the back panel is held on by a bunch of clips. I was able to pop 4 out but I was so scared of snapping something I put everything back. The panel is very flexible and clips are hard to pop off.

I guess the only other way is to mask it off and spray.

OP
OP
gongo

gongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sierra, 2016 Civic LX, 2003 Volvo S60, 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan
Vehicle Showcase
I masked everything and then sprayed. It was a real pain in the ass and I took some of the front end apart to make masking easier

OP
OP
gongo

gongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As for plastidipping the roof I really don't think it'd look good because of the sheen, unless you used the glossifier and even then I don't know how well it'd hold up. I'm thinking about the roof in high gloss black vinyl but I'm not sure if I'd really like the look, has anyone done this or priced it out? I'd like to find out the cost of this simple mod

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Neat how this well this stuff works. How, considering regular spray paint looks like s**t? Is it matte?

That's the best blackout look for the front grille bar I've seen. The matte black looks better than the ones that were done in gloss black. And cheap DIY solution too :bow:

The window trim also looks blacked out? Those were plastidipped too?
Where is one done in gloss? One thing I really dislike is the flat unpainted plastic the Civic comes with.

civic10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
As for plastidipping the roof I really don't think it'd look good because of the sheen, unless you used the glossifier and even then I don't know how well it'd hold up. I'm thinking about the roof in high gloss black vinyl but I'm not sure if I'd really like the look, has anyone done this or priced it out? I'd like to find out the cost of this simple mod
I am also thinking of doing Gloss Black Vinyl Roof... and possibly "Type R Look" Front Grill ... Hope this Photo Shoped pictures Help.

Honda Civic 10th gen A little plastidip for the chrome parts and H symbol IMG_7095 (1)bc Honda Civic 10th gen A little plastidip for the chrome parts and H symbol IMG_7091 (1)bc

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am also thinking of doing Gloss Black Vinyl Roof... and possibly "Type R Look" Front Grill ... Hope this Photo Shoped pictures Help.

IMG_7095 (1)bc.jpg IMG_7091 (1)bc.jpg
Reminds of the Hyundai Genesis
Honda Civic 10th gen A little plastidip for the chrome parts and H symbol hyundai_1

OP
OP
gongo

gongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love the way it looks, particularly the smoked orange marker lights, they're an eyesore :(

Last edited:

Bervzci1

EX-T Civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to black out that chrome and figured I'd do the civic and H in the back while I was at it
Wow this looks great, can't wait to start on mine. My car is black already trying to go murder black with it.

JMR23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Wow this looks great, can't wait to start on mine. My car is black already trying to go murder black with it.
thanks... i forgot to mention that is just a photoshop rendering.. but its going to be my setup when i get mine
Sponsored