How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Bought a 2017 sedan touring Nov 22, 2016. We both love the car. The only problem so far is that remote start will only run for ten minutes no matter what we do. The dealer will have to check it out.About the head unit. We traded a 2014 Mustang. The civic head unit is more user friendly and I was able to do an update without a problem.
Ok so I had this problem and even though it is not suggested to idle your car for that long every day I have finally figured out a solution at least for my Hatchback. So you do the initial remote start and the car starts. Wait a few minutes and then I go back and you press the lock button and then press the engine start button but you must continue holding down the engine start button until the lights stop flashing ( I think it is 6 times they flash). When I do this then my car will stay on for a full 20 minutes. Please try it and let me know if that works!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Drivers window is bipolar. some days it works at normal speeds, other slower than a snail. when it rains it tends to work best, but not always.
I had this problem with my Hatch right out of the dealer. I took it back and they greased the channels of the drivers side door window and that sucker was so fast it was jumping in the tracks. Now about 3 weeks later it has finally settled down and runs smooth like the others. I would suggest you take it back and have them grease the channels, they will know exactly what to do!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm finding that the more I flex the infotainment's muscles (using Bluetooth or AA routinely/daily), the fewer issues its having. 26.3k miles

Only glitches I get are with Bluetooth, rarely, and I feel that's more my phone (S7 Edge) than the car (BT issues with other devices with the phone)

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So, I'm not sure if this is an actual issue or I'm just picky. But does anyone else have non-uniform windshield sprayers? Seems like my driver side is barely spraying the bottom third of the windshield, whereas the passenger side sprays fully up the glass. Just seems odd to me that the driver's side sprayer would be directed so poorly.

If that doesn't make sense (I often don't) I can take a picture when the sun's out to clarify.

Edit/Sidenote: When I took delivery, both sprayers had come loose to the point where I had to take it back in for service the next day to get reclipped/secured (they are sturdy and seemingly in place now). Honda techs didn't mention anything at the time, and I stupidly didn't think to test the sprayers while I was there.
Yes! I have exactly the same problem. I keep forgetting to see if I can just adjust the sprayers by hand.

Kev.Oli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! I have exactly the same problem. I keep forgetting to see if I can just adjust the sprayers by hand.
Doesn't seem like there's much room to adjust :/ You have any luck?
Honestly, just glad to know I'm not just being paranoid about this.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Sorry I forgot again today! I'll take a look tomorrow.

Kev.Oli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I met up with a buddy who has an '16 EX-L sedan and compared the sprayers side by side and there was a very appreciable difference. Gonna head to the dealer and see if there's anything they can do.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So I met up with a buddy who has an '16 EX-L sedan and compared the sprayers side by side and there was a very appreciable difference. Gonna head to the dealer and see if there's anything they can do.
I finally remembered to check today. You are right, not much wiggle room. I didn't fart around with it, I'll live with it for now, might mention it to the dealer at the next service.

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol yesterday my back up camera was stuck in drive pretty kool ill post a video

art3mis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I just got my hatchback ex this morning and found this little scuff on the steering wheel after i got off work. What do you think this is? Sorry im new here and i was just wondering if i should return it to the dealership. Thank you so much i'll appreciate your replies.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? IMG_2200.JPG

TheXRated1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my hatchback ex this morning and found this little scuff on the steering wheel after i got off work. What do you think this is? Sorry im new here and i was just wondering if i should return it to the dealership. Thank you so much i'll appreciate your replies.

IMG_2200.JPG
Looks just like a scuff mark. In my opinion, take it back to the dealer for ANY issue you may be having. They're a business, and you deserve to be 100% satisfied with your product. It's a brand new car, don't settle for anything but the way it is supposed to be. I have a couple of issues I've detailed over in the Issues forum, and I'm having to track down people to speak to and call more than once. The next step is going to them directly, which is about a 75 minute drive for me. Don't settle for what won't make you happy.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

IMG_2200.JPG
Steering wheel is defective. Someone pinched a piece of it either in manufacturing or maybe a poor salesman holding something in his hand that might've took a piece of leather off wheel. I always put a hand sewn wheel cover on my new vehicles within a week or two. Take it back. Make them replace it. They won't return your car though as you stated. But they will replace the wheel if it's a reputable dealer.
Sponsored